Bust This B*tch! The Sentinel Matchup Thread

I think individual matchups in marvel are kinda pointless, so let’s try to keep this as a team matchup sort of deal. When talking about Sent vs Cap for example, talk about what assists hell need to watch out for against him, and what he can use to counter it :tup:

Akuma

Spoiler

coming soon

Amaterasu

Spoiler

coming soon

Arthur

Spoiler

coming soon

C.Viper

Spoiler

coming soon

Captain America

Spoiler

coming soon

Chris Redfield

Spoiler

coming soon

Chun Li

Spoiler

coming soon

Dante

Spoiler

coming soon

Deadpool

Spoiler

coming soon

Dormammu

Spoiler

coming soon

Dr Doom

Spoiler

coming soon

Felicia

Spoiler

coming soon

Haggar

Spoiler

coming soon

Hsien-Ko

Spoiler

coming soon

Hulk

Spoiler

coming soon

Iron Man

Spoiler

coming soon

Jill Valentine

Spoiler

coming soon

M.O.D.O.K.

Spoiler

coming soon

Magneto

Spoiler

coming soon

Morrigan

Spoiler

coming soon

Phoenix

Spoiler

coming soon

Ryu

Spoiler

coming soon

Sentinel

Spoiler

coming soon

She-Hulk

Spoiler

coming soon

Shuma Gorath

Spoiler

coming soon

Spencer

Spoiler

coming soon

Spider-man

Spoiler

coming soon

Storm

Spoiler

coming soon

Super Skrull

Spoiler

coming soon

Taskmaster

Spoiler

coming soon

Thor

Spoiler

coming soon

Trish

Spoiler

coming soon

Tron Bonne

Spoiler

coming soon

Viewtiful Joe

Spoiler

coming soon

Wesker

Spoiler

coming soon

Wolverine

Spoiler

coming soon

X-23

Spoiler

coming soon

Zero

Spoiler

coming soon

Change thread name to Thank god for the machine pleeeeeease.Bust this bitch sounds un-sentinel-like.

please no thread name discussion, keep it on matchups :tup:

Change your thread title please, some of us are in work environments:
Shoryuken FAQ

Is anyone close enough to your screen to see the word bitch?

Just change it to b*tch or something NickGuy. Good work.

good call on the rule there karst.

changed

So, I click this thread to find matchup info and find absolutely nothing. Thank you for wasting everyone’s time. Stop trying so hard to be OMG FIRST!!!111!!1 If you don’t have any relevant info, you shouldn’t even start the thread. Wait for someone who actually has information to do it. As of now, this thread is a waste of space.

It would have been nice if you would have posted some matchup information to discuss.

Sentinels fly mode isn’t as fast as in MvC2. His moves seems to come out a bit faster though. Against certain characters, Sent will need help getting in on keep aways and help keeping certain characters out. M.O.D.A.K. for example can keep Sent out easily, so you’ll have to rely on fly mode to help you get you in.

One of his basic MvC2 combo into super returns. The c.rh, lp rocket punch, HSF > DHC > whatever
In MvC3 its c.m, l rocket punch, hsf. I think the preferred super to use is his ball type super as its easier to link when performing a DHC because w/hsf > DHC a lot of times I had trouble connecting and that burnt a meter.

His assist type (beta) ‘Drones’ can be used to help keep them out or rush in. It takes longer for the drones to get there so they will try not to call any assists out.

There is more, but I haven’t been playing much with him since he’s my anchor and I’ve been ocv’ing in my sessions with my current team. Mag/Chun/Sent

Mag/Chun/Sent:
I use drones to help keep them out while spamming EM Disruptor. EMD comes out almost instant, so you can probably get like 2 of those in while the drones are traveling and by that time, you can wave dash to try and cross them up with this tri-jump (which isn’t as good in MvC3)

Since this is a Sent thread, I’ll keep playing and will see what else I find.

-Rotendo

this wasnt a case of OMG FIRST! this was a case of making a useful thread that will quickly get filled when more people get the game and play actual matches instead of just working on training mode combos.

this same thing happened for ssf4 character forums, i dont see why you’re so upset about it

what teams exactly is that tactic good against? who can beat it/should i watch out for?

Sentinel has no weakness. Except if you fight a better Sentinel.

the game is perfect with a sentinel nerf. this is bull sh* the game is fcking great everything feels right and balanced except sentinel a easy combo pulls 75% heath away BS Nerf him or destroy him >_<

You can do two reps of this before a DHC. If you wanted to keep going, you can do a M.rocket punch into the ball. As far as I’ve seen, a third set of hsf doesn’t connect.

Edit: Corner only obviously.

Sentinel is a machine that feeds from salty tears. Whining only makes him stronger.

Also, I heard that Sentinel has a hard time in mirror matches. Can anyone give me a reason?

How the hell do you have trouble with a mirror match?

Sent has advantage in every matchup including the mirror so Sent-Sent is actually a 6-6 matchup