Brook Converters Thread

Has anyone used a PS4 TE2 with the PS3/4 to Xbox One converter? If so, how well does it work?

Alright guys, got these in this eveningā€¦ Im consulting with the other tech talk guys about how to do a meaningful test on these but for now I tested out the PS3->PS4 converter heavily this evening and hereā€™s what I found:

https://youtu.be/9fsP6bgijvo

Lag:
No noticable lag on USF4. Connected my qanba q4 in ps3 mode. Was able to do all my 1 frame links from muscle memory without any issues. I also tried combos with pianos such as Gen S.MK -> hands - no issues or dropped inputs. also no 8 minute timeout. Really happy about thisā€¦

PS3 Dual Shock 3:
Plugged in the controller via usb - connected right away - again no noticable lag. Heres the amazing part: I disconnected the cable and it remained connected as a wireless bluetooth device to the adapter. Based off this, Brook definitely found a way to make a bluetooth handshake to the PS4 to overcome the 8 minute timeout issue.

PS360+:
Ok so heres where im bummed out. The PS360+ can no longer auto detect what console its suppose to be on. It also seems like it drops power when connected but i cant really confirm. Ive tried forcing it in PS3 mode (holding 1p) as well and it will not pick up the console at all. This is a huge let down for me as i was meaning to use this in my new diy vewlix cab where i had a PS360+ installed. Just for kicks i tried connecting the older 1st gen PS360 (with no ā€œ+ā€ at the end. the one where you had to hold turbo when connecting to a console to detect the system) and that worked fine since it already was in a PS3 mode. Im hoping I can reach out to akishop to make a custom firmware that disables auto detect and forces PS3 mode.
*Update: custom akishop firmware did not work & PS4 Forced mode does not work.

USB Extension Attached:
Confirmed that this is not an issue. Saves the console from the strain of the adapter on the port. I definitely recommend using one if you buy this product.

Bonus:
Also tested the PS3->XBOX One with the same qanba stick playing KI. Im no master at KI but it seemed to play fine as well. Didnt have any issues hitting manuals with sabrewulf.

I want to buy the Xbox 360/XB1 -> PS4 converter, but the website has none. Are there any other vendors?

If they were to make a Super Nintendo to PS4 controller adapter, would you guys be interested in getting one? I might be able to make that happen.

Hey guysā€¦ Reached out to akishop regarding the issueā€¦ They sent me a custom firmware that might solve the issueā€¦ I will report as soon as I load the firmware and test it outā€¦

Yes man def

Bad newsā€¦ Tried the custom firmware which defaults the ps360+ to PS3 mode on startupā€¦ Same thing no handshake to the device. Keep in mind this firmware is designed to default to PS3 / PC mode on Windows due to the 360 driver sometimes becoming the default. I have a spare CTHULU board laying around - gonna test it with that and possible swap PCBs in my cabā€¦

Just ordered mine. Has anyone tried it with the Zero Delay encoder?

Bought a ps3 to ps4 from an eBay seller (the site in NY doesnā€™t ship to Canada).
Just asked if they are going to stock xb360/xb1 to ps4 converter. And they might in the future.

Can you guys check if it works with this controller?
http://english.11st.co.kr/product/SellerProductDetail.tmall?method=getSellerProductDetail&prdNo=157119494

The Makestick Pro uses a proprietary PCB made by manufacturer IST Design so itā€™s possible but donā€™t count on it.

I tried it with my CronusMax. It doesnā€™t work without xInput which is a no go for me.

Since that converter canā€™t use Xinput, try the PS4 forced mode maybe?

Are you allowed to plug in your downstream controller after the thing connects with the system? Might be a power up issue or something.

@Phreakazoid hey Clayton, Iā€™ll try the ps4 mode tonight. Iā€™ve tried plugging in the ps360+ with the device as well as after the device is connected. Also tried different cable lengths etc. The ps360+ doesnā€™t acknowledge the device as a console. It seems like a power issue the way the controller LEDs just light up for a secā€¦

Slightly off topic:

These seem very highly rated, so I ordered one:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61O8NZuAdsL.SL1001.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002B9XB0E

Should get it next week, itā€™ll probably work on PC & PS3 no problem, and Iā€™ll take it down to my buddies place to test it on his PS4 on MK X (fingers crossed).

few updates from the lab tonight guysā€¦

1. Tested on PS360+ booted into PS4 mode as @Phreakazoid suggested: Still no luck. The PS360+ will not recognize the adapter and doesnt seem to get power.

2. Tested a Toodles/Godlike controls MC CTHULHU - same issue with the PS360+ (although i may not have the latest firmware)

3. Plugged the adapter into PC to see what comes up on control joy.cpl: it recognized the adapter as a ā€œWired PS4 Controllerā€ - had my qanba in ps3 mode hooked up and it registered all the inputs without any issues.

*So far the only confirmed 3rd party PCB i have working is the older version akishop PS360 that has already been set to PS3 mode. @Spoonz any luck on the Zero Delay Encoder?

@jonyfraze Iā€™m outside the US so Iā€™ll have to wait until the adapter gets here to test.

Thanks Jonyfraze for the review video.

I just wanted to add that the converter also does not work with the Cerberus mod. Not much of a surprise given the converter seems to have problems recognizing dual modded sticks. The new cerberous firmware which adds ps4 support is very nice though, so hat tip to Phreakazoid for his hard work.

I tried pretty much every workarounds including forcing it in ps3 or ps4 mode, connect a ps3 pad first then connect stick, but no luck so far.

On the other hand the converter seems to work really well when it works. I tested with a Hori HRAP4 Kai and couldnā€™t notice any difference between using the converter and using the native ps4 mode on the stick.

Hmm, Iā€™ll have to get one and dig into why itā€™s having issues with both my PS3 and PS4 modes. It makes 0 sense as to why it would have issues.

Does anyone have one of these with some other PS3 3rd party controllers? PowerA, Datel, etc.? It sounds like thereā€™s no issues other than the old round 1 TE sticks.

I mean, it could be a power draw issue, but that would really surprise me with people whoā€™ve used the PS360+ by its lonesome. The only thing left is a whitelist of VID/PID which would be crazy stupid for a PS3 based converter.

it should work for that stick