Boxer AE 2013 Wishlist + Brainstorming

ah damn i mixed up j.hp and j.hk (/_.). I meant j.hk can cross up Sakura and Bison.

enlighten me, by PM or post in the MU thread so we don’t take too much away from the purpose of this thread.

only thing i’d like is safe overhead or a command grab

i made some changes to my original post.

The only thing I’d ask for is to get the Balrog from Super back and return his headbutt recovery and st.jab. If that happens, then I’m content.

I may be getting pretty greedy with these, but here’s my wishlist:

1. I wish ex dash punches were throw invincible. I don’t think this would make it broken, it would just be a damn good wake-up move. ok well maybe throwable only in the startup frames.

2. I wish Ultra 1 w/ straight punches came out at the same speed as with upper punches. I think this would make ultra 1 easier to connect off counter-hits when the opponent is crouching and make a few additional moves punisheable by ultra.

3. I wish far standing mk was special cancelable. This would be a pretty nice buff that would increase balrog’s damage output potential off his normals. of course, alongside this buff, I wouldn’t mind if they lowered its damage to something like 60-70 dmg.

4. Extended range on FP headbutt. Yep, that would be quite nice. just a tiny bit further so I can catch fireballs from a bit further or go for chip dmg from further.

5. I definitely want to be able to go through fireballs with headbutts again without that crazy recovery they added. Maybe keep the recovery for headbutt on block, but change whiff headbutt recovery back to how it was in super.

6. far standing jab… yea I never got why they nerfed that. It seemed the characters it worked on weren’t even characters that struggled against balrog anyway.
    Other than that… I don’t know… .there were a lot of interesting changes already suggested. I guess those would all be nice too. I dunno about the command grab and cross-up though…

Balrog just needs some way of mixing things up, whether it be a useful overhead or something else. His entire strategy revolves around getting a small life lead with pokes or lp dash punch, and then going into full defensive mode. It works to an extent (depending on the matchup) but I’ve been working on characters like Akuma and Yun and frankly Balrog is starting to feel boring despite how much I like the character.

I like the idea of making some version of the overhead safe more than just reducing the startup. If we had a safe overhead it could be a useful mixup during combos and blockstrings rather than just a hail mary when you’re about to lose.

I thought Boxer would be good with just this:

damage nerfs undone (cr.HP in particular)
EX Dash Swing is now +1 on block (slow as fuck and way more vulnerable than EX Lunge Punch is…)
U2 start up is now 1+0, strike/throw invincibility 1-4f, damage down to 350, stun unchanged

I like your idea of making EX safe since the meter requirement would prevent abuse of the damage potential the overhead gives.

all 1+0 startup throws only have a single frame of invincibility. It’s useless for throws to have invincibility past their active frames.

whiffed dash upper recovers almost instantly
faster overhead
safe overhead
level 1 tap +3 on hit so i can combo of it without ch
make it so that CL.HK into CR.MP works on every character whether they are crouching or not
make the last hit of ultra 1 never miss
long range double hitting normal move
make his armor breaking dash punch safe on block
all dash punches positive on hit

3 frame startup invincible headbutt that can be fadcd
akuma teleport
akuma move speed
demon flip
dive punch
yoga sniper
tandem engine
spd
ambiguous crossup

capcom pls

lol divinemarkpizza, you said some good stuff then just started trolling.

Ono has once again teased at the possibility of SSF4 AE v. 2013… I wonder if it will come in time for Evo

Improve TAP and for God’s sake give him an ability to cross people up. That’s literally all he needs.<br>

im with you Songo about adding a cross up attack to his arsenal… the biggest challenge right now is getting out of a vortex… he needs more safe wake up options…  theres only so much a wakeup TAP or ex dash straight or upper can do to escape… and most people have options selects for them too… lately ive been feeling hopeless in a cammy, ibuki, akuma match…

SSF4AE2012 UPDATE ANNOUNCED.

BUMP THIS THREAD AND LETS SEND FEEDBACK TO CAPCOM UNITY!

I took some elements from this thread and put them into the Capcom-Unity thread. GUYS GO AHEAD AND POST YOUR THOUGHTS. This is finally our chance to have a say in how we think Balrog should be.

Here’s the link: http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/29822775/balrog-boxer-balance-suggestions?sdb=1&pg=last#530059601

Wow there are people on Capcom-unity actually asking them to NERF Balrog, specifically making his dash punch even more unsafe, adding recovery to all of his dash moves, and lessening the damage of Balrog’s U2 to how it was in Super. :open_mouth: They must be either smoking some good weed or a player of a character that has a really hard time against Mr. Goodnight Chump.

You’re all dropping the Ball right now on something Big!
Getting Capcom to Buff Dirty Bull!
No, not with it’s speed but with its RANGE!

You guys are so fixated on a bunch of random things that you’re all missing the great oppertunity right in front of you!
Think a little about this!

Can you guys not see what a HUGE change it would be for Balrog to get some improved Range on his ULTRA II?
Common! As it is right now, it’s jumpable an 1 frame: (0+1)
If Dirty Bull were to get a Range Make over to reach something similar to Abel’s Light Punch Command Grab just THINK OF ALL THINGS BALROG COULD PUNISH!

Real quick…
Fei Long’s Rekkas
Balrog’s Dash punch if they’re remotely deep
Galactic Tornado
Hayates
Machine Gun Blow
Guy’s Shoulder Checks
Sabat Kicks
Oni’s Slashes,
Abel’s Change of Direction
Akuma’s Far Roundhouse, etc. etc. etc.

With Scary range, lots of characters would be FORCED to respect Balrog in a completely different way than before.
Not only would people be reluctant to jump in or whiff unsafe moves in front of Rog, but there would be dozens specials that Dirty Bull would take off the table almost completely! It would heavily limit the opponent’s offensive options and give them something to worry about! Wouldn’t that be awesome?!?!?!

And what’s more?!??!
Balrog has an amazing Forward Dash, it’s 18 frames and covers about 1~1.2 squares in training mode IIRC.
As it is right now, in some match-ups it’s viable for Balrog to preemptively focus attack and absorb long recovery normals and dash in DIRTY BULL punish!

Honda’s Far Roundhouse/ Far Fierce
Bison’s Far Roundhouse
Dudley’s Forward Fierce
Chun’s Roundhouse
Balrog’s Roundhouse
etc.etc.etc.

And obviously, like most of you know, the range on the Ultra is KAKADOODOO and often times it ends ups whiffing which is bad!
IF the range was only improved to 1.2~1.3 levels it would become INSTANTLY SCARIER!

Having a Ultra II with range to work with would give Balrog some new meta all together, He’d be able to punish things he couldn’t before and he will gain some focus dash punish in the neutral game. It will make him fresh and will definitely make some match-ups easier to work with!

I HOPE I’VE MADE MY POINT NOW
Because I think this is important

Giving dirty bull more range would make it a KILLER punish option and would definitely shut down various avenues of offensive optoins from the opponent! It would also work from the mid neutral game by focus absorbing some moderatly slow recovering normals!

I hope you all can see where i’m coming from and flirt with the idea in your head and help me in getting capcom to make this change!

Agreed, but I also think its speed definitely needs to be buffed as well, so it’s no longer jumpable. Leave damage and stun as is , just make it like Gief’s U1 with good range and speed, and it becomes a dangerous weapon.

To me, this is the biggest thing that needs to be changed. Yes, it would be nice to have recovery time back for Headbutts, and of course I still want a fireball (of course), but I am more concerned about Capcom fixing U2.

What can we do to help you get this changed? Post in the Unity thread?