Blanka Master Guide: Match-ups, Combos, Option Selects and More

If you are hurting your fingers sliding you are exerting way too much pressure. If you are ending on LP you have to remember that YOU have control over your fingers. You aren’t just mashing, you are doing a controlled movement.

The plink effect during sliding isn’t exactly from doing it too fast always, you are probably making heavier contact than needed and fat fingering somewhat. Wthen I piano I commonly plink hp~mp in the middle of my piano, but that doesn’t matter there at all. I rarely get it at the end because frankly lp~hp plink is kinda hard after you’ve just rolled your hand.

The thing is if you are truly going “too” fast your inputs should look clean minus the plink(s) every time and shouldn’t have any mistakes. If not you are just rushing and not controlling the movement.

honestly…
with sliding technique… although it’s ‘easier’ it’s still needs practice… if you’re ending with EX when you don’t mean to… it means you’re not controlling your slide…

and you shouldn’t be ending with LP at all… unless you intend to end with LP for c.HK trap… otherwise… it’s should be HP most of the time and i can understand how it can be MP sometimes if you mess up by sliding out too much and hitting HP twice…

once again… to end wtih HP

you can do either.
LP, MP, HP, MP, HP
or
LP, MP, LP, MP, HP… whatever works for you.

-LAU

I miss a lot my safe jumps, maybe i do the hk or the mk in the jump too late ?

And, with the Adon’s wake up nerf, we can do meaties on him now, no ?

Thanks.

You can safejump Adon now, yes, and meaties work on him.

I’ll be updating the first post sometime this week as well as some matchup threads.

what an awesome OS xD

Same shit different char enjoy

I am having a pretty hard time wrapping my mind/fingers around the option-selects as a whole. I understand crouch teching and that’s… about it. :rofl:
Super-nub and I appologize but Blanka just became my new main and, coincidentally, I just found out about option-selects. I can crouch tech and I understand that sort of simplicity. Have a feeling I’m making this shit too complicated though. Anything I can do to specifically practice this technique (or just understand option-selects as a whole, if not both?).

Thanks… and sorry for being such a nub all up in your SRK ha
:china:

This thread has some great info in it on option selects in general SF4 Game Mechanics: Option-Selects

Also different option selects require different inputs. the slide os in the first post basically uses the lack of hitstop to make the slide come out if the jumpin whiffs. since you are hitting the other guy the game freezes for a bit and the slide input happens then so nothing changes. If the jumpin whiffs, no freeze, and the slide input comes out.

If you have any questions after looking through it come back and ask.

About to read that but let me ask this to make sure it’s sinking in (or the exact opposite):
Lets say I jump in, say going for a MK crossup… would I input my MK and then the slide command right after? If that j.MK whiffs, like you said, would the slide pop out? If I score the MK, the slide won’t pop out, and I can continue doing what I do? Or would the slide not work in this case exactly?

Veserius can you check the links please?

i forgot to fix them after the forum update, i’ll get around to it. Sorry

Need to redo this somewhat. Links need to be fixed, and I need to update some stuff. It’s hard.

I respect the time you put into Blanka threads. Especially since he is an unpopular character. Just know that a few of us will be reading intently and your efforts won’t completely go to waste.

Fixed the links, changed some around, I am also filling out the movelist with my notes on every single one of Blankas moves.

Going to expand the combo section next, and I’ll probably add some more video stuff.

I also need to change the safejump/meaty sections to reflect AE.

great read on the movelist section in the first post Ves

Yeah, great work, i never see this section… very nice, thanks.

thanks I still need to do the special moves/ultra/super stuff, but I’m not sure exactly what to write.

Bravo on the normals analysis!

Glad that project finally worked out!

for jump forward lk, it is his only jumping attack that has an upward attack angle. As a result, if somehow you are under the enemy and u are both in the air, its kinda your only option. Im thinking like lets say you jump over a fireball and they jump after you while you are still in the air, the lk may have a chance to hit them or get them off of you.

Yea, ok, who am I kidding a worthless pile of shit it is.

yeah jump hp starts high haha.

jb lk is doable I guess

I still want to make a video with lots of demonstrations.

Excellent work, thus far. I appreciate it more than you know. This thread has been invaluable to me.