Blanka Labwork Thread

Move times to help test

These are for whiffs. Hitting adds/removes time and remember to subtract the startup and active frames if any.

frames: moves:
[LIST]
[]13 cr lk, far lp
[
]14 cr lp
[]15 cl lp
[
]16 cl lk
[]17 cr mk, cl mp
[
]18 far lk
[]19 far mp
[
]20 dash
[]21 forward hop
[
]23 cl mk
[]24 throw
[
]25 cr mp, far mk
[]26 rockcrusher
[
]28 back hop
[]29 lp roll
[
]31 cr hk, far hk, cl hk
[]32 far hp, cl hp
[
]41 lp elec
[]43 overhead
[
]44 slide, mp roll
[]45 hp roll, ex roll, mp elec
[
]52 crouch canceled, hp elec
[]54 ex elec
[
]58 lp rainbow
[]62 mp rainbow
[
]65 hp vertical roll
[]66 hp rainbow, ex rainbow, lp vertical roll
[
]70 mp vertical roll
[]78 ex vertical roll
[
]89 crouch
[/LIST]

well done ves!!!

maybe viscant can contribute to the safeball stuff, cuz he is the one who made the thread!
i will test some shit too!

Tested meaties on Dudley, if he has meter they won’t work. EX uppercut, super, and u2 he could get out in time for their invulnerabilty frames to save him. Don’t think he has an answer withut meter though. If use use cr lk > cr hk it catches his backdash attempt.

Cammy and Sagat can punish without meter :frowning:

Blanka can punish with ex upball, super, ultra, and maybe ex roll. If you use cr lk for your meaty do lp in the air when you jump because of Blankas longer knockdown time.

you need to take 1 frame off of every actual move in the list. last startup frame/first active are the same frame in sf4 frame data. Edit it and I’ll put it in the first post. I am too lazy to do it myself. there are also some mistakes in regards to elec stuff. Elec is not the same number of frames on whiff/hit/block for various reasons that I’m too lazy to list.

Elec is 41/45/52/54 on whiff

Also i think Viscant is done with Blanka, if you want any of his safeball ideas it’s probably best to check his thread.

Edit:
Meaties aren’t great in this game, but if you mixup between meaties/empty jumps/safejumps, your opponent is liable to not know which is which and just block/try to tech. you can blow up tech attempts with Blanka in a variety of ways, and I’m starting to think if you work enough meaties in you might be able to land some overheads, hahaha.

good information in this thread. i’ll try to contribute when i can. great stuff guys.

check my edit about elec times.

there are a few important numbers for his jumps.

Jump is normally 42 frames, the last 4 frames are landing recovery. If you used an air normal those 4 frames are bufferable into a normal, but you can’t tech or block then.

jump(no button pressed) can attack/block on frame 39, but can’t move/dash/jump till frame 43
jump(button pressed) can tech on frame 39, can block on frame 41, can attack/move on frame 43.

AAHHH you changed the dash/hop/etc. numbers, they don’t have active frames, so there is no frame doubling for them. I’ll fix em.

Great thread Veserius :tup:

You have a nice Blanka aswell watched a couple of your replays on xbl yesterday

thanks!

also meaty cr.lk, cr.mk U1 is very viable. Does 448/150

Think I might use that more.

cr.mk, cr.mk, ultra pushes out way too far to combo. Might work on fatties.

new meaty setup

cr.hk, dash, overhead, st. lp xx hp ball. This one is weird because the first hit of the overhead whiffs against everyone, and due to there being a frame gap you get the same frame advantage against the normal wakeup time characters as you do against Cammy(whiffs on Sagat?). This is also character specific it seems. Blanka is the only exception, you’re +4 after the overhead against him. which means…

cr.hk, dash, overhead U1 works against Blanka midscreen

if a combination of things in this game weren’t conspiring to make Blanka suck, cr.hk, dash, rockcrusher as fake overhead, throw would be the mixup to offset this meaty, but Blanka is way out of range for the throw and at best can only get a throw tech. kara throw doesn’t seem to help either.

can do
cr.hk, dash, rockcrusher whiff, cr.lk to blow up tech attempts or hit people trying to standblock the overhead.

Hey veserius!

Recently u talked about jab kara into hop for a little bit of extra distance. How do u do that exactly? I been trying jab i to three kicks, but its really hard, the only way i could consistantly do it was if i macrod one of the buttons, top row far right fourth button, to all 3 kicks. Any pointers cuz i got a couple things i would lile to test.

Peace and thanx!

i mentioned jab for cowards crouch I think not hop. jab+KKK gives you throw I think.

cr.hk for kara hop seems to give the most distance. I just drummed my fingers like I was trying to plink the hk with both mk and lk at the same time. It certainly isn’t the easiest thing blanka can do.

Thanx, ill test it out for a couple ideas i have. Ill let u know if i find anything ambiguous.

Do not feed the animals.

what are you talking about

Veserkus:

Dont mind that siddy squiddy guy. He is just a pissed off honda trying to troll thr blanka boards for something unique cuz he is already lost in arcade edition. Death to honda!

Anyone have any ideas for whiffed throw option-selects? ie. If the connects or is teched, nothing comes out. But if it whiffs you get a special move. I’ve gotten used to smacking people with st.hp if they try to punish a whiffed throw, but I reckon there’s probably a better option.

given the recovery time of whiffed grab I doubt you can OS off it. It would just be you doing a move after the tech or whiff animation which obviously is not good. Blanka isn’t exactly a very offensive character doesn’t really have use for those kinds of option selects. Let alone ones that throw moves out randomly.

Throw is about 24f in total. Backdash for many chars is between 22-27. If you do st.hp afterwards you’ll catch most chars if they press a button because the only moves that can hit from are quite slow. Only problem of course is if they block. I’m gonna try st.mp instead, which is safe on block.

[edit] Nevermind, just tested it. st.mp will get you lots of counter hits if the opponent tries to punish after backdashing a meaty throw, but I don’t think it will be all that practical in a match.

I generally hit st.mp or cr.lp off a backdash whiffed grab and at worst I trade.

It’s fairly okay.

Edit: You can probably st.jab xx ball some of the slower backdashes that don’t have much range.

I think b.throw knocks down for 54 frames on normal wakeup characters. I might be a frame or two off though.