Blanka has combos and even a thread about them?!

I was bored today

**Basic Blanka combos **
All level threes and launchers performed with Bob
midscreen
jumping hp or hk starts all combos
st.mp > cr.mk > hp horiball 292
cr.mk > upball 288
cr.mk > lp > horiball 268
hk > lp > Hop> cr.mk >cr.hk 310
hk > cr.hk 262
Cr.mk > hp elec 272
metered combos worth noting
cr.mk > ex elec 240
hk > cr.mk lvl 3 558
st.mp > cr.mk > exball —

1. cr.mk > upball 408
  2. cr.mk> horiball 388
  3. lp > hop > cr.mk > cr.hk 376
    Corner
    hk > cr.mk > cr.mk > upball 376
    metered worth using
    hk > cr.mk > cr.mk > super 501
    hk > cr.mk > cr.mk > lvl 3 572
    Tagged in raw launcher
    cr.mk > cr.mk > upball 320
    cr.mk > cr.mk > horiball 292
    cr.mk > cr.hk 232
    lp elec 220
    Corner
    cr.mk > cr.mk > cr.mk > upball 346
    cr.mk > cr.mk > cr.mk > super 471
    cr.mk > cr.mk > cr.mk > lvl3 542

Let me know if I’m missing anything you guys found

Thanks man. Love his corner cr.mk juggle :slight_smile:

how is HK on block? And does Blanka have any good hit confirms/ block strings?

Haven’t really spent a lot of time with him in the lab, but the best meterless damage he can do off of a jump-in is cl.mp, hk, cr.mk, cr.mk, Vertical Roll which does 390 in the corner. Linking hk after cl.mp shouldn’t be too hard with practice.

is this the official combo thread for Blanka then? I’m gonna go ahead and assume he hasnt been very popular (either that or the DLC as a whole is very popular).
Anyway, I’ve been using Blanka with Hwoarang. I main Blanka in AE and Hwoarang in Tekken 6 so it was only right to put them together. I was a little bit late getting the DLC cos my internet got cut off. They do a pretty good job together. Here’s some of the combos I’ve been doing.today (day 1)

(Starting with Blanka)
crossover j.MK, st.HK, st.LP, mpHoriball, Tag, cr.MP, cr.MK, hkHunting Hawk, Tag, crMK, crMK, mkUpball

jHK, crLK, crMK, EXHoriball, crMK, mkUpball, Tag, crMP, crMK, hkHunting Hawk (then, if you fancy, you can tag Blanka back in for a crMK,crMK, mkUpball, but thats 3 bars)

When tagged in from a crossrush, ive been doing crMK, crMK, mkUpball.

Sorry, i can’t remember the damage for these. They’re off the top of my head. They can probably be optimized for more damage, but I’m crap with links. If anyone knows how, gimme a shout

can you hit 2 cr. mk’s after a HK??
I thought that was only possible in the corner

Such a simple but quite effective combo:

Jp. Hk, Hk, cr. mp, cr. hp

You would be lucky to only get one crouching kick. These are corners only. I also personally love to throw in a LP, MP, AND then the HK, CR. MK, CR. MK.

The fact that Blanka can cancel his cl.HP will beef up quite a few combo’s

With Law, tagging in ASAP on Shaolin Spin Kicks (juggle state) works best. Immediately torward j.hp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx up ball is what I came up with so far. If you tag in late (second hit of SSK or later), just do the boost combo ender sequence: cr.mk, cr.mk xx up ball. In the corner, don’t bother trying the j.hp bit, I just tag in and do three cr.mk into up ball. You can tag back into Law from any up ball and continue. Not sure if there are many other opportunities to tag back to Law outside of boost combos yet, as I really only just started messing around with this combination. I’ve been using j.hk/mk, cl.mp, s.lp-s.mp-s.hp-launcher to bring Law in more often.

This boost combo does 276 started with j.hk. This spikes up to 306 if you can replace cl.mp with Rock Crusher and link to s.lp consistently, and that’s just Blanka, it’ll obviously do some more depending on who he’s paired with. So if switching characters is a good option, I think this boost combo isn’t too bad an idea to use.

A one-bar combo starting from Law’s j.hk and tagging into Blanka does 485 damage.

[Post Tag]
[358] Blanka [cl.HP xx Forward Hop, c.MK, c.MK xx HK Vertical Ball]

[Corner]
[306] Blanka [cl.HK, c.MK, s.HP xx HP Horizontal Ball]

from the combo tier list thread

can you post a video of the cl hp xx forward hop combo? I can’t seem to land from the hop in time to c. mk

It seems no one here cares enough to read my corner combo I posted. It’s a really simple one that does 318 damage.

EDIT: Take out the jump-in part and you’re all set.

When you tag cancel from Dudley’s H Jet Upper in a combo (anywhere on screen), blanka can immediately dash forward, juggle with H electricity, cr.mk xx H upball. This works because Dudley stays standing on the original side which acts as a wall for Blanka to juggle with Electricity without knocking the opponent away. You can also do H electricity, st.hp xx H horizontal ball (or upball if you can do it).

This might work with other characters too.

I have a 3 meter solo combo that does 483 damage. I didn’t see this on here so I figured I’d throw it up. Works best mid screen or when blanka is cornered. Jump Hp, st. Lp,Mp,Hp xx ex rolling attack wall bounce cr mk xx super art. It’s more for show than anything but I like to throw it in there now and there when meter is full. I keep seeing post about juggling with electricity but have not been able to execute it. Any advice would be great. I’ve been with blanka since sf2 and I will use him no matter how many ppl say he sucks. He has given me my best wins in sfxt. I love proving ppl wrong about him.

I apologize the combo does 529

I was messing around in the lab n came up with this one that I haven’t seen anyone use yet. In the corner you can use jhk, shk, slight delay holding charge Lp, Hp, ex horiball, upball or super/cross art. 504 damage with super art, and with law as partner nearly 700. The upball version is possible but not viable IMO. I don’t see any more posts on here so obviously not many blanka players out there. He has got to be one of the most fun players to fight with.

Nah, the character forums are dead, at least most of them.

yeah, and it’s really a shame.

I think it was entirely due to the reboot of the SRK forums. They were offline for like a week, then when they came back they didn’t work properly for like two weeks. Before that the forums were doing okay.