Blanka General Chat

Let’s talk Blanka

Veserius and I found this neat thing today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ4c2iDeoeY[media=youtube]gQ4c2iDeoeY[/media]

So guys, first impressions of the beast on this game?

From videos, after a jab ball knockdown combo, looks like we get hop/dash crouch short wakeup options. Or meatu jump mk.

Jab~elec still exists, though i dont know the max range. I saw sorta close far jab~elec combo.

low rh looked like it had an extremely short range, just barely further than low mk.

low fp on block was punishable by sakura at close range.

after connecting with regular upball as air-to-air, the upball recovery motion was pretty close to opponent.

Looks like full screen ex ball does not lead to wall bounce, likely has to be within several startup frames to lead to wall bounce, ala fp knockdown ball in sf4.

hori ball on block is extremely punishable with most normals, leading to chain combos or whatever. This is not a move to be thrown out at whim.

Ok thanks Josh, i searched videos but don’t find new stuff, only old videos.

search in youtube
"blanka sfxt"
then sort by newest first

How come the Blanka forums are down for the good game but up for this piece of shit game?

gonna play with him tonight, i think i will be maining him… standing mp > cr HP seems like good footsie tool.
Also, standing HK is some sort of launcher that has juggle properties… i need to play with it.

Post this shit again and I’ll make sure that the entire forums are inaccessible to you.

Someone needs to put a star next to grumpy

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I’ve been in the lab, so here’s some updates on move properties.

It seems to be really short range to me, you have to be basically on top of them for the electric to connect.

His c.fierce is actually a lot worse than it first appears. Because in SFxT adds a few frames of recovery when you chain upwards, if you accidentally chain up to c.fierce then this is punishable *on hit *(seriously). I’ve tested it against Ryu punishing with sweep, and if you hit him point blank with a crouching chain then he can punish, so it’s at least -5. If you don’t chain it then the sweep won’t punish.

This is a real problem due to the chaining system in SFxT, because unless you’re pitch-perfect with your piano timing you can end up accidentally getting a chain instead of an electric. I found that happened a few times when trying to electric straight out of a hop, so it might take some getting used to.

Ex ball does actually wall-bounce from anywhere.

Nice to meet you all!

Recorded some combos yesterday.

Going to try to make a legit combo video of some sort this week.

I could use combos. I’m not getting much damage without burning a meter. My default combo in footsie situations is CH something or low forward, stand jab low forward chain xx ex horizontal ball, low forward xx upball (possible tag). I feel like I burn entirely too much meter with this character and feel totally helpless when I’m getting rushed down and I’m not stocked. Also missing jab xx elec and getting jab chain to fierce for a “please kill me, take your time I’m not doing anything” has already gotten old. I feel like I should be pianoing into jab xx strong elec just because jabstrong chain isn’t instant fiery death.

On the bright side, walk around low strong OS launcher is neat. That and going fishing for s.rh is the total extent of my day 2 Blanka right now.

–Jay Snyder
Viscant@aol.com

So jab~elec is really hard to do due to the chains? I hope sliding helps. Still havent gotten the update yet, kinda waiting to see the local tournament response to this game…its not looking good.

It’s not ridiculously hard you just have to be fast and be clean and I’m not good at either. Inputs that are perfectly acceptable in SF4 have to be done faster in this game to avoid the chain. Also you have to think about how you put your input in and go backwards if you start on any button besides jab. Low short or low forward xx fierce~strong~jab~strong~fierce is going to be a chain unless the first fierce input is right on top of the initial input.

It’s probably something that’ll take a little while to master and then you’ll have clean inputs the vast majority of the time but it’s annoying as hell for me for right now. It’s also one of those errors that is way way more obvious because if you mess up you’re not ever going to get away with it. Chain into s.fierce or low fierce close up is -a billion.

–Jay Snyder
Viscant@aol.com

Wow, thanx for the info. I didnt even think of the issue with low mk~fp~mp~lp~mp~hp would always lead to the chain unless the mk and fp were done simultaneously.

Why does jab~mp~hp~mp~hp elec not have as many problems?

Oi, all stupid questions I could answer if I just bought the new characters.

Nobody in hawaii wants to touch this game…maybe I’m the crazy person.

A lot of people hating on SFxT and don’t give a shit about the DLC on my country ahah.

Have you found any uses for st.HK juggle? I feel I can’t use it as a A.A anymore. It has had priority.
And also, I couldn’t connect anything after for a combo. I thought it would be a good combo starter but I guess not.

You can link a c.MK and some other stuff in the corner…or you tag in

But not after you tag Blanka in, right?

1000 health? Any source of frame data for the new guys anywhere yet?