Blanka General Chat

I can’t find a proper combo to use after a launcher.

Best thing I’ve found is to use lightening because it propels them towards the edge of the screen.

So what does everybody here use when Blanka gets tagged in after a launcher?

Blanka’s level 3 has ridiculous range. Goes a little over half screen. Seems good for tagging fireballs and it punishes some other stuff. Me likey.

I don’t remember exact combos I was doing but you can mess around with doing st.jab xx hop after a wall bounce or st.hk and you can switch sides to get better positioning if you like.

Overhead combos still work. and the simple sweep, dash overhead setup from sf4 still seems to work.

Having trouble getting reasonable damage without the corner or meter use though.

how is cr mp AA? upball AA? and anyone know his health is 1000?

normal AA’s feel a lot worse than they do in sf4. dunno about upball

Standing fp no more anti air? For shame!

I also heard some jump normals just straight out beat standing rh…they give it nice new juggle properties, then make its anti-air potential nerfed to hell…lol capcom…

It dont matter though, his anti-air is gonna be ch jump fp, mad mad damage after that move.

Ex upball is just like sf4 from what ive seen, even whiffs in the exact same ways, my guess is that regular upball is also the same as sf4.

Ves, how long does it take for overhead to come out? Do you have to charge it like sf4? How hard is the combo afterrwards?

It works but the spacing is different and the hitbox definitely feels worse.

st.hk feels like a really bad aa

angled j.hp and nj.hp both feel solid.

upball does do way more damage which is nice.

Overhead feels like sf4 overhead but a slight bit faster, works the same mechanically. Combo after feels easy and you have more options because of the sfxt system

someone buy me the DLC for 360 so I can do labwork

Wtf? I sense Lulzsec are also Blanka haters.

I want to ask it again. What are his combo’s after a launcher and what can I combo after a CH J.HP?

How is the range of the HP elec?

terrible!

I don’t understand why it electricity is so bad now you can’t even antiair most neutral jumps with it anymore

[media=youtube]LaR2OHztglM[/media]

For me electricity still works as a great cross-up defence.

You can get two crouching shorts into up ball - that’s the best I’ve found so far.

That or horiball?, whatever does more damage, whats the damage on fierce hori and up balls?

I like st.jab xx hop cr.mk, sweep midscreen after st.hk.

in corner cr.mk x2 xx upball is good.

So, you think he’s weak as people said before the DLC is launched ?

I honestly didn’t expect his normals to be this bad. I was expecting sf4 hitboxes roughly.

Was talking to Viscant earlier, we agreed he’s a bad character(like most characters in sfxt), but if he’s viable or not will come down to matchups. He’s better at beating projectile zoning than he is in sf4 by a large margin, so if he’s scummy enough in some other respects he might be worth using.

I’m still considering exploring him for a bit as he is a faster option than my current anchors (Hugo and Gief).

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so accepting that blanka normals are crappy anti-air, how are blanka normals in the world of footsies?