Blackheart team worth noting?

http://www.zachd.com/mvc2/ although a lot of casuals, the finals and grand finals vids are good to watch

http://ase.tufts.edu/csa/commy/mvc2/ bunch more mvc2

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84173 these from recent tourney and if you want more … hopefully others know good sites o.O or just add me on msn

I’ll check these out, thanx man

hey guys it’s been a while i sort of stoped playing my usuall team blackeart, cable & capcom for a while cause i was being hammered. But now days i picked up my team again and im doing well, though concerning which is a better team b/c/capcom from b/c/cyclops i would say b/c/capcom is way better. And there is only one reason for it, OFFENSE, TO ME BLACKHEART/CAPCOM FEELS LIKE STRIDER/DOOM. Once your opponent gets hit by capcom into a heart of darkness he is loosing 35% of life and if is a weak character maybe more. it may not be a lot butif your balckheart is very aggressive you may get your opponent on a regular basis. And besides against sentinel and magneto there is no better assisst than capcom for blackheart.

Actually I think cyclops is better with blackheart than commando. He stops anything and if you are in the unfortunate situation of getting rushed down commando is useless. Cyclops is also a much better individual char than capcom. By the way guys Blackhearts infinate is very usefull in many ways.

Blackheart’s infinite is god awful. It’s so bad it killed the pope.

Uh, no. No. A thousand times no.

If you play BH/Commando and you’re getting rushed down, you are not playing BH/Commando correctly. The only time BH/Cyke makes it easier than BH/Commando is when you’re playing someone with Doom assist, and even then, in the long run Commando’s still better.

And I’ve already discussed why the infinite is useless MANY times.

Whats commando going to do when you’re getting rushed down by magneto or storm on speed? When you play against someone whose magnetos rush down is extremely good its almost inevitable to get caught in it. I consider my Blackheart to be pretty descent, well above average. Normally I can get away from being rushed down, by staying in the air. But once in a while a magneto comes along thats way to fast, and that’s where cyclops comes in, to give a little breathing room. Hey Dasrik I’m new to shoryuken, I know you have written it before, but can you tell me why you think Blackhearts infinite is useless :confused:

I think I’ll take a stab at why he believes the infinite isn’t worth it. I’ll also mention some good parts.

=Arguement for the infinite
+The infinite sets up tag combos AND the risk of landing ugly DHCs. Count this as 2 points.
+You can make your opponent look bad [useless, they should look dead]
+You build okay meter (see arguement against)
++new As a side note, you can also score the infinite of the Capcom beta assist. [Dlk+capcom, dmk sj cancell, hk or drop Capcom and immediately sj hk. Both work]

If you don’t abuse it [as in do more than 2 reps] it can be very useful as you give your assist character time to leave. You can now score a combo that tags in another character. Tagging in the likes of Sent, Mags, Ironman, or Cable is liable to peace out a character [and in the case of Ironman might even end his game].

=Arguement against infinite
-The maximum damage you’ll do to your opponent is 60%.
-The opponent gains meter at almost twice the rate you do for hitting them.
-There are far meaner things you can do in less time than it takes to infinite for the full 45 hits.
-Capcom assist blows them back and sets up something like Inferno XX Armageddon [whiffed]DHC HSF.
-Infinite reliance often means Cyc assist. This means that you might have to be slightly more stationary near your opponent to take advantage. There is also the fact the space Cyc controls can sometimes be controlled by BH’s pokes, and your head is less protected without Capcom. Capcom also makes it more dificult for Sent to tapdance on your head. [Of course, if you can control your demons he shouldn’t be there anyways neutralizing this.]

In other words, you maxed their meter without dusting a character. This creates a potentially unnecessary critical breakdown point. It can triple compound a later error. It can even cause other ones as the other character might have more lattitude. If he pays you back for the hit he might do what you should have (killed someone), and has the firepower to do it thanks to you. This is assuming that he didn’t have that capability before. If he did, the arguement is mildly moot. Your next character gets guardbroken into the supers he shouldn’t have had, and you’re now behind possibly 2.5 characters to 1

Example: BH, Cable, Cyc vs Mags, Cable, Sent-a
BH infinites Mags, tags in Cable, Their mags dies (I’m being lenient). Your meterless character [BH or Cable] is now staring down a loaded Cable. This is not good.

In conclusion
I don’t think it’s a good idea to rely on the infinite as your method of doing damage. If you feel the need to use it, restrict it’s use to 2 reps MAXIMUM. That’s it. To each his own I guess.

/\ in a fucking nutshell

Just for the record, there IS a time when I would say go for the infinite.

And that’s when you’re playin against team SIN and the person has cable on point. If you’re playin a GOOD cable and ya get him bouncin in demons, and you’re no where near that 2nd bar to cancel and kill him with, go for the infinite.

I’d say it’s more important to kill off that cable and give them meter, than it is to do like a third of a bar worth of damage and still have to deal with him.

Especially if you’re confident against playin against Sent with your BH like I am.

Blackheart King, good point. When fighting a Cable, however he dies, he MUST die.

Blackheartking and Deathfist you both make graet points, and I pretty much agree with what you both say. It sounds to me that Blackhearts infinate isn’t useless. I never said you should abuse it, and it isn’t my main focus of attack. I’m aware that a team that has Cable 2nd is an obvious exception, Cable is an exception to many ideas in this game. Another possible scenario is if you have been laying a good beating on their assist you can snap him back(preferably their anti-air assist). Or if you do already have say 3 bars of super meter at the end of the infinate and you have Cable 2nd(like I do), switch to Cable and AHVB hime twice. Follow that up with a guard break and he’s down 40% life just like that. Simple, yet effective. As far as Capcom being a better fit for Blackheart, in the end, I’d much rather have Cyclops to rely on. He’s a much better individual character.

Magneto and Storm rushing you down is something that should be prevented, because if it happens, it doesn’t matter if you’re Blackheart/Cyclops, Jin/Gambit or Sentinel/Commando, you’re relying on guessing.

The reason I prefer Commando overall to Cyclops are twofold: 1. space control - Cyclops is a helluva lot easier to get around than Commando; 2. damage - Psylocke’s going to get hammered eventually even if Mags/Storm doesn’t. It’s as simple as that.

Heart of Darkness with demons

I have gotten it done in practice. Edit:~below~
It is difficult on people because the RH demons have to connect.
In the corner when the demons connect 1.xxHOD
Then at the end when they are falling - 2.standing RH.
When those connect, 3.call out projectile or capture assist(I use Silver cause the shiruken last long enough for me to call RH demons), while that is connecting 4.RHxxHOD, repeat until energy bar is done.

If this combo has already been posted just ignore this post.

I just saw in a video blackheart did an inferno heart of darkness (in the corner) and before he landed he dashed back. Is this possible only in the corner, or can you do it anywhere. This sure would help against Cable.

I’m not sure how this combo is possible, seeing as in Flying Screen state you can’t call assists, and the state is PROLONGED when roundhouse demons connect.

But even given that it IS possible, the opponent still has plenty of time to shake out. It’s not worth it.

It does more than work itself out Dasrik, it’s top notch if you have a great since of distanceing too. The biggest thing other Blackheart players do I have seen, is run a way. Contrary to popular beleife Blackheart rushes down very well. It isnt so much a rush down as it is pushing them back to the corner as it were. You get a player in the corner with Blackheart…even using BH/Cable/Cap(My team), there isnt much even Cables can do. If you time f.k demons correctly off of the super jump, and know were to place them off the first set, then the second set off of the air dash - you can keep them pretty much locked down. Make sure you have more life than they do once you put them into this position, cause it will cause them to fight for there respective characters freedom. In that sense, they get caught by something nasty. i.e Infinant, or Capcom assist into Inferno/Heart of Darkness. Even still… BH is a meter builder for Cable; so play it how you see fit.

Now, how you ask do you rush that shit down with Blackheart? Especially against Capcom assist/Sent or Doom helpers? That my friends I leave up to you. The only way to get passed them is “YOUR” timing skills. You need to know when to air dash over behind cap’s corridor, and know how high you have to be when you air dash over Doom or Sent. But the keys for rushing it down once you can time getting over assists is this.

1. Falling down, l.k, l.k.( Hit the ground ) crouch l.k, l.k /w cap helper
  2. If that Hits, take it from there whatever you wanna do.

Or.

1. Falling down, l.k, l.k.( Hit the ground ) crouch l.k, l.k /w cap helper
  2. If they block, jump f.p demons, quick s.j backwards f.k demons.( This keeps your assist being punished if they pushblock even. )

You can also molest your cap helper while dashing backwards with BH, and immediatly go into inferno HOD afterward. Leaving CAP out for that brief second will usually bait a person to where you can punish them. Make sure not to use this strat when they have a couple meter though. Bad Idea. Normal jump fp works really well in space control again storm, sent and mags too.

Late’

-Dizznurty:cool:

Heh heh. I went and said this and then used BH/Cable/Cyclops instead of Commando in the last PDX tourney. The losers’ finals is on Zach’s side. I did a beautiful job handing Theo the second and third games with this team after winning three in a row with it and before going to a bit of unexplained lunacy with Sent/Cable/Doom.

However, I did a somewhat nice trick in the first game where I counter-AHVB’ed and guard broke Theo’s Cable off of the counter, which basically proved decisive in the game. Second game I had a brain fart and missed a chance to shoot both his Magneto and Sentinel to death, and in the third I had another and countered in Cyclops fairly early, and never took the chance to get another character in really. Fourth game… not real relevant to this forum.

Should’ve probably played BH a little more aggressively in this series, which contributed a fair amount to why I lost. However, the mistakes were what really killed me in the end, which will do it to you every time. One was a matter of execution, the other was a matter of complete failure of situation awareness.

MMMan!, it’s been a long time that i have not been in this forum. Which, by the way why you guys are still fighting over which team is better, to set the record straight black, cable, capcom is the best team from the two.And yes, is not only possible but very usefull to rush down with black and is not as difficult as people think. 'cause noone expect for black to rushdown so it gives you a slight edge, since people don’t know how to counter it. To be frank to this day i have not seen a decent black either on a vid or in the arcade. And i have been to some of the top arcades in the east coast, most people just throw demonds or piggies but do not do any combos or cross-ups.

Anyway i was playing sanford the other day with my team (black,cable,capcom) and though i played him five times of which he beat me horribly. The six time however i beat him, every one was like, wow?! Even i was like, damn did i beat him with this team. Oh, and he had one of his top teams mags, storm, sentinel, so you know he wasn’t playing around. I think the reason i got him that one time was because i stoped every one of his movement by playing very carefully and watching my every move cause even a jab out of place it could have ment an infinite or somthing worst. Anyway the reason i told you guys about that was to let you guys know it black, cable, capcom can compete and even win top teams if you get your game straight.

Should’ve probably played BH a little more aggressively in this series, which contributed a fair amount to why I lost. However, the mistakes were what really killed me in the end, which will do it to you every time. One was a matter of execution, the
other was a matter of complete failure of situation awareness.
[/quote]

I saw your matches. You played Blackheart pretty well. But your right, you should have been more aggressively. Normal jumping and handing out jabs, using his pokes more. Like I said Cyclops is better with Blackheart than Commando.