Bison advanced strats and tactics

Is anybody interested in making some Bison stickies?

I’m seeing people lose to some pretty lame tactics on Shou’s match video page. It’s like the players fall asleep or something and lose to Bison CC, (blocked), random roll behind, d.MK every time.

The LZJ trick with A-Bison (which I’m writing down now because I’m very close to forgetting it) is when your CC is blocked, fake the roll behind scrub setup. Instead, do (blocked) d.HK, close s.HP xx dp+HP xx roll. It totally looks like Bison is trying to roll behind you, but he stays in the front instead. For some reason, dp+HP locks you down in heavy block stun so you’re covered on your roll as well. The opponent will most likely get counter hit if he mashes.

Thanks kcxj, im using that from now on! taht is a very good technique.

IIRC; heres another tip. if you know ur opponent is mashing on those c.lk/lp hit them with repeated lk sciccors because the lk sciccors have little openings and i think the lk sciccors will beat them out of it, and you can follow up with another sciccors to the corner. let me try this out later on, and report back here.

ive tried it out, it only works if they dont time th c.lp/lk or any type of poke at the right time, if they do, your trading hits and it ends your CC. the trick kcxj tought me is a bit tricky and hard to cancel into a roll, that shall be my new project for the week.

i have a question about bison’s throws
i notice that his punch throw seems more popular, but i tend to use his kick throw (because it looks cooler, plus it does a little more damage). is there a reason to use punch over kick, or is it more personal preference?

punch throw executes sooner, but i think another reason it is preferred is cuz if you don’t get the throw, you get a close s.fierce, which hits faster than a close s.rh. i’ve seen a lot of bisons go for throw and get close s.fierce instead and it hits them out of something (prolly random mashing or tech attempt). correct me if i’m wrong.

question.

i know people say use MK scissors. but i normally find the opponent blocking the MK scissor and then punishing me freely. i normally mix it up depending on distance and find that LK helps to push them back and allowing me to continue my GC. IF theres anything im missing or wrong about my tactics-let me know.

also vs. hibiki. is her crouching jab faster than my jab?

edit: wtf is bisons useful anti-airs? and vs specific characters

well mk scissors is for when you actually hit them, if they block you only want to throw out lk scissors, and then pretty much only if its spaced to be 1-hit. I believe that most, if not all, characters do have some way to punish that as well, however. So be careful.

For AA i either try to trip guard activate, roll/psycho crusher/teleport away, or standing/crounch fp. training mode is your friend, load it up and set that dummy to jump w/ various people and various attacks.

like onikage says, use mk scissors if it’s in a combo, and lk scissors for pressure, but only if it’s a 1 hit scissors. i haven’t seen anyone punish 1 hit blocked scissors with any consistency. they are safe, in all practical definitions of the word.

any blocked 2 hit scissors can be easily punished, and i believe any blocked mk or hk scissors can be punished easily whether it is 1-hit or 2-hit, someone correct me if i’m wrong.

hibiki’s c.jab is not faster than bison’s.

to add to onikage’s list of good antiairs, you also have jump back rh or strong, or vertical jump fwd. also, antiair custom is better than trip guard custom when you are spaced right for it. for most cases you’re gonna use either s.fierce or c.fierce for aa though.

^thanks,too bad i dont know whats a trip guard custom or anti air custom.

unless AA custom is jumping mp-mp > activate

trip guard custom is when you stand there and activate through their jumping attack, then use a crouching attack. Since they hit a button in the air, they can’t block low for a quick second, so use a c.mk right after you activate and boom anti air custom. I’m just not a big fan of regular AA custom with bison, cuz I suck at it. =D Yeah I forgot j.mp, but that to me is more air-to-air, I lose a lot when I try to use it as a reaction anti-air. Your milage will vary, of course. Jump back roundhouse works, but I prefer to hold my ground and I try to move backwards as little as possible.

can i get any vids of him besides the ones posted on Kim’s new site?

the trip gaurd custom can be baited. the REAL anti air custom that works 100% (unless they JD or parry) is

CC, s.mp xx lp dp. drag to corner with whatever, paint the fence.

Pretty simple.

oh so that’s the correct Notations for the AA CC. I’ve seen it done but never used it yet… but for some reason I thought it was Activate -> s.HP xx DP+HP
but that’s just what I saw in my head. I can tell the way you posted it would work better for a faster output. I’ll practice the way you posted it.

I do MUCH better with Bison when I am playing a defensive punishing game then aggressive rushdown game.

Jump in HK, cr LP, st MP, HP psycho crusher

ok and also I heard he can activate after a psycho crusher…and I tried it and I can’t do it…

and also I can’t seem to begin his CC after doing a scissor kick mid screen…only in the corner

what’s that combo? i wouldn’t use that combo.

you can activate after psycho crusher in a corner but i think it’s easiest after a realy meaty jab psycho crusher, this isn’t really practical in a game.

to get cc going after mid screen scissors, activate sooner if you can, and s.strong sooner if you can, haha. make sure you’re using fwd scissors.

i think an important part of bison’s game that has been neglected in this thread is his fast walking speed. things like walk up s.strong (if they can’t duck it), and walk up c.fwd, and walk up throw become very effective, especially when you have meter.

yo im kinda new to everything in this game and i played a really cheap bison all he did was that jump in the air stomp on my head then fall with that punch thingy lol and i cant beat it help please!!

atruevat0: dunno if your question belongs in a “bison advanced strats and tactics” thread, even if most of the info in this thread doesn’t belong here either. try watching some videos and reading threads for your characters to flesh out your game.

ok.

Guy whos asking how to activate after a psycho crusher:

corner: c.hk, whiff a c.lp, then do a meaty hp psycho crusher, activate, c.lp, s.hp, paint.

j.hk c.lp s.mp hp psychocrusher. The initial jump in will most likely get punished by good players, so i wouldnt count on that. your better off with just c.lp, c.lp, s.mp, sciccors/PC. or c.lk, c.lp, s.mp, sciccors/psycho crusher.

ATV - Who are you? Bison? after that blocked headstomp, air to air anti air him with j. mp mp, or j.hk. if you’re using A Groove, get under him after the head stomp(or when he’s doing the head stomp) and activate. Otherwise, if you’re someone else, like… Sagat, just punish that shit hard with a lvl 3/2 Tiger Cannon. or like i said, air to air anti air him with something when he stomps on you, or after.

A-Bison has the easiest punisher to another Bison’s Headstomp/Devil Reverse in the entire game. Do a CC, and then slide right away. So easy you’d have to be dumber than a caveman to mess it up.

why you dissing on cavemen. geico already has a commecial that does that.