Birdie Combo/Tech Thread: Chain (and Banana and Soda Can?) Combos

lol thought this was cool

I have a combo I fool around with after I land d. Hp>str. Hanging chain, I havenā€™t tried to do anything more with it then just that as I wanted to get the timing down. If somebody else has posted it alreadynI apologize.

Question about birdie. According to the prima guide, he is negative in vtrigger on many of his normals. (-8 for c.lp). I tested in the lab and although he didnt seem as positive, he wasnā€™t -8. I was trading with 4 frame jabs. Does anyone know what is going on here or if the frame data is wrong?

If thatā€™s what written there, itā€™s most likely wrong. Fyi, heā€™s around +2 on block after cLP in VT or not. You can test this by putting the opponent on guard reversal with a normal.
Maybe the prima guide meant to say that cancelling cLP into VT was -8.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Meaty overhead st.lk x head is so good. Gotta get this down after cr.mp anti air.

Agreed. I need to start doing this or at least mixing up with st.HK cc fishing after cr.MP AA

To be honest from what i saw of the Prima guide Karin page they showed as a teaser that is for V-trigger cancel. So for example if you Hit light punch and cancel it into VT you will be punishable. However if you cancel say a Cr.Hp you are -1 or -2 so safe.

in the corner after a forward hp CC, I really like to do a reset with mp xx bull avenger. Gets them every time!

Correct, VTX in the prima guide refers to the frame situation after a v trigger cancel.

anyone have any idea why half the time i release 2 buttons i still dont get ex? does ex require more charge time?

Also did you guys know you can aa bull horn into super? seems good to beat nuetral jumps in the corner

Iā€™m not sure, but I personally use the triple punch or kick button to increase my consistency.
Also, using ex bullhorn as a reversal feels tricky, it feels like it has a much smaller buffer window (if any?) compared to other specials.

I didnā€™t see anyone mention the s.mp, s.lk XX lp bullhead combo, is this less optimal then just going s.mp XX mp bullhead?

Also, can Birdie convert anything off of c.lp?

Youā€™re right, I forgot about that.
Sadly sMP is -1 on block so itā€™s less likely able to work as a hitconfirm from a blockstring, while sMP xx MP bullhead generally is used in footsies while buffering the bullhead as an option select or as a whiff punish. sMP xx bullhead is also usually used raw from a jumpin hitconfirm that can work from many ranges, I mainly used it from a spaced neutral jump.

Birdie can convert sLK off of cLP. Iā€™ll add these in the combo list. Thanks.

When Birdie uses V-Trigger does it speed him up, power up normals and specials?

Thats certainly my fav aspect of the vt. It also changes the properties of his special moves. Specifics i donā€™t know. Whether it changes his normals damage values i dunno either. Also keen to know

I think i had mentioned this in another thread. But it has no buffer at all. You have to be frame perfect on reversal timings of any sort with it which is a pain in the ass. It makes blowing up frame traps much harder as well.

Clearly they didnā€™t want Birdie to have a simple reversal / get off me move as i suspect that is supposed to be one of his weakness with up close pressure. However it is still nice they left it in as an option even if it is hard to use lol. Because if you think about it, he has one of the few reversals that almost works like an FADC, you land it with VT and get an almost 300 damage combo, which is a pretty strong option.

I wish it worked that way. I miss Zonk Knuckleā€¦

He walks faster, dashes faster, normals I think are unaffected, and specials do more damage.