Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, RIP MarkMan's #BeardStache

Man that purple Saturn shell goes hard. Considering going for it as a Nights themed Saturn.

2 Likes

A Nights Saturn would be sweet! From what Iā€™ve read, many of the color ways are going to come with black buttons and cart slot cover. Hereā€™s to hoping they offer color-matched options as well.

Unlikely, the foreign manufacturer donā€™t think its viable.

Well my case is from the exact same company making these so they definitely DID at one time.

ā€‹
More reasons why I never, ever will get a Apple Phone.

This Anti-repair Bull shit has went to a whole new level, also they can fuck off not including a charger needing a connector not many people have available.

ā€‹

Agreed, they did pretend to play nice for about 9 months, and support self repair and mom 'n pop repair shops working on Apple gear, but Iā€™m sure the 12 was intentionally engineered this way from jump off to get the cell phone repair market back the way they like it.

:smiling_imp: Devilā€™s Advocate would say thoughā€¦ If you can afford a Mercedes, you can afford to maintain a Mercedes.

:innocent: Myself, Iā€™ve been happy with my old Android phone for ~2 years now, a Moto Z2. Also I donā€™t see anything really compelling with recent smartphone tech that would get me itching to upgrade.

What phones you boys rocking currently?

1 Like

Oh here some PS5 controller teardowns

Nothing I can use for pad hacking, yet.
But itā€™s a start

Oh My phone a Samsung Galaxy S20

I really hope the PS5 (and controller) come in black later on. Not really interested in the while console-panels. I mightā€™ve been ok with the white controller if it wasnā€™t the stock one that was included with the system.

ā€”===ā€”

Phone debates are always way too heated, so I normally try to avoid them.
I used an iPhone XR myself.
I donā€™t agree with the way a lot of the business decisions are made at Apple (Lightning port for one), but I havenā€™t had any issues with my iPhones, so the whole ā€œnot 3rd-party repairableā€ thing isnā€™t really something that Iā€™ve been concerned about.
Funny story: I was coming from Windows Phone in 2016 and was actually going to go full Android at the timeā€¦ then the Galaxy Note 7 (the phone I had my eye on at the time) started blowing up.

Honestly, I like the tech on the Samsung side a lot more: Iā€™ve always wanted a Note for the stylus, and Iā€™m very interested in the folding concept (though I still think weā€™re several years out before it becomes truly viable).

1 Like

The new 8bitdo arcade

Is it just me, or does everything not feel centered correctly there?
I find that there needs to be a bit more space on the left side of the lever?

2 Likes

I donā€™t like how it tried to be a updated NES Advantage

Shouldā€™ve used the Super Advantageā€™s button layout LOL

Love the ā€˜vintageā€™ yellowing from the factory. /s

My nostalgia is rooted in a new looking gray-topped NESā€¦not a decades-old yellowed oneā€¦

The joystick mount point is too much to the left.

3 Likes

I played PS2 CvS2 via OSSC for only 30 mins on my LCD monitor yesterday. On hour three of a YouTube ā€œburn-in fixerā€ vid today and the top life/timing bars are still visibleā€¦

Bob deinterlacing sucks balls (at least on my LG monitor). Gonna stick to PS1 on my PS2 for the foreseeable

Ouch.
I thought burn-in was a thing of the past?..

Itā€™s now gone. I ran a seizureific RGB cycle vid for a few hours and it went away. Butā€¦yeahā€¦ I thought burn in wasnā€™t a thing on LCDs.

I read in shmups forum that the deinterlacing on the OSSC Pro isnā€™t as bad (prospectively). Hopeful that launches soon.

2 Likes

Depends on the technology the screen uses. TFT, ISP, ect.
Oled displays had similar issues.

Insomniac programming for the evening:

https://longhornengineer.com/2011/07/17/sega-neptune/

Hoping someone will create a ā€œEZ MOD STYLEā€ kit in the future to make this mod a little easier to do.

Just when I think Apple canā€™t get worst

TB3 ports but no EGPU support :man_facepalming: