Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, RIP MarkMan's #BeardStache

#1 that sucks, GL with your tax-free permit application and your DBA; Not really sure how we can help you, other than to be an outlet for you hobby/interests and a temporary escape from IRL crap/trappings, hang in there bro, these are crazy times

#2 is this the Snack Box? If so that’s an awesome foundation for a stick build.

1 Like

He whats the lag on this?

Also I wonder if we can get Gummo to Dual Mod it.

2 Likes

In a word…

They haven’t made a controller yet that that man can’t be Dremel into submission to house 3 or 4 common ground PCB’s! :bowing_man:

1 Like

I plan on tackling the issuance of my DBA and all of that this week. I also have to get a phone line installed before the end of training, since I’ve set myself up on two separate contracts for the moment.

Also, yes; that’s the one. I’m waiting on a shipping notification to come any day now, since they’re running about 7-14 days lead time on projects, at least that’s what they are saying.

Also, found out that there’s an issue with my wife’s Panzer; and that the QD for the X button is potentially FUBAR. Gonna try a direct wire into the Brook UFB and see if that will fix her issue this weekend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224045572504

Art’s Customs case? “PlayStation” top cut out in Pic #2 screams Art’s font to me.

1 Like

Those corner joints are totally Art’s. :grin:

1 Like

Climbed out of the eBay hole, fell into the Twitter hole:

https://www.twitter.com/Gummowned/status/1073728597670723584

@Darksakul did you already kno?

Look, Gummo could mod anything.
I saw my odds were good, took a wild guess and won

1 Like

So apparently this is making the rounds as a cheap yet effective Capture device.

http://amazon.com/gp/product/B0882XY5Q4/

Its known under a dozen different names, its all over eBay and Amazon varying from 20 to 50 dollars.

here a yt vid on it

I decided to order with along with a splitter, I want to see this for myself.

So I got a triple surprised today, I ordered what I though was a untested/broken White Sega Saturn.

1. It works and works fine.

2. I found this in the expansion slot

A CD Video encoder card

3. I found this inside while cleaning it

An old school Mod Chip. Which I am willing to part with.

Since this one works, I need to find something else to get parts to fix up this US model Sega Saturn.
I need to find a tension spring for the CD Lid to open, already ordered a replacement IEC 320 C8 socket as the old AC input socket snapped and Super glue didn’t held for long.

3 Likes

Was able to get the DBA papers done and a bank account for the business after that. Of course, in Texas they do not tell you that you can’t put LLC in your business name as a sole proprietor … unless you pay the two stacks to properly register as a LLC. So, I made two trips to the courthouse within 48 hours to file the DBA papers twice. Also moved my workspace from the living room (where my wife and I shared a workspace) to our middle bedroom.I also plan on addressing the cables that are behind my monitor and are slowly reaching eye-level as we speak.

472 hit combo on my wallet on wake-up in coming :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Yup.
Already planning with a friend from work to see if we can save some monies by ordering together or something; he’s telling me that the shipping rates to Canada from Analogue are ridiculous either way.

I’m going for the console, the dock, and the Game Gear adapter; I’m not really quite as concerned with Lynx or NGPC. Still comes up to 200+100+30 = 330USD = 440CAD. Ouch.

I’m just almost afraid that I wouldn’t use it enough to make it worthwhile; considering I’ve modded a bunch of “retro” consoles and barely use them as-is (IPS-modded a GBA SP, RGB modded both an SNES and N64 and have a RAD2X cable, mod-chipped a GameCube with GB Player, GDEMU installed in a Dreamcast, among others).

1 Like

SVC, KOF, and Metal Slug on NGPC are pretty righteous tho

Gonna get all the adapters because I fear they might be first run and dun, not exactly the most popular handhelds, but yes the add-ons make the total price get real ugly real quick $$$, ughhh :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am considering getting a MODE for my Dreamcast, so far I am loving how it works in the Saturn.
I know Laser Bear working on a new Mount project for both the Saturn and Dreamcast (he said both are going to share some common 3D printed parts).

He even designed his own SD card extension as what in the market isn’t working (does not fit) in the Dreamcast with the current version of the Mode.

1 Like

Gah, don’t tempt me to get all the adapters… -_-
390US = 520CAD

Mind you, my brother does have a NGP and NGPC with a couple of games (not even sure which ones) that I could grab. Neither of us have any Lynx games, though.

2 Likes

Adventures in console case repairs.

There a chip that nearly broke off and hanging by a thread.
Trying to bend it back just broke it off.

But a little but of Tamiya plastic cement and I was able to reattach it fine, the color isn’t consistent, but I am certain I didn’t put the plastic back in backwards.

By the way this was done like two days ago, I am just now posting about it.

2 Likes

My MODEs stay in the box until Greg launches those mounts. BTW, Is the cover/title art db easy to download?

Yeah, the link is in the updated PDF Manual.
Go to https://gamedb.terraonion.com/ and sign up for an account.

You put ether (or both) db files in the root of your drive, go do the folder(s) your iso files are and hold A, then select scan for covers and the MODE will do the rest.

If you got you games in multiple folders, you got to do that process with each folder. The Data basehas no problem with file names as it looks for known hash codes from good redump files.
Only games I don’t have covers for are patched/translated games.

Here a video of the install

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the detail here. It’s on me to have RTFMd.
Man, the UI looks SOOO much better than on GDEMU and Rhea/Phoebe.

2 Likes