Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition season VI, RIP MarkMan's #BeardStache

Nice.

Finally got around to completing the exterior of these cases; they all look complete, but nothing is wired on the inside yet.

#1) orange sides, FF7 art: silent Sanwa buttons, JLF with Spark CE. Will be for PS4.
#2) red sides, RWBY art: Sanwa JLF and OBSF-30s. Will be for Switch.
#3) blue sides, Azur Lane art: Sanwa JLF with blue aluminum shaft cover and clear blue/violet balltop, and OBSF-30s. Will be for PS4.
#4) silver sides, Lindbergh art: LS-40 and PS-15s. Will wire it up with the standard 20-pin connector; not sure what I’ll be putting in here.

Now to get my ass in gear and wire them all up.

3 Likes

Modded my Game Cube

I took the case buttons and handle off the Original Shell, painted the front controller plate and memory card slot doors, Installed a GC Loader, I already have the fan mod put in (runs quieter)

I am debating what to do with the jewel, and if I should paint the power button to match the other buttons or not.

3 Likes

Last two posts are dope! dammit… stop making me want a Gamecube!

1 Like

…in other useless trinkets news (but you’ll be kicking yourself in 5 years for not buying one OR ALL FOUR)

Those are too small to actually game on.
They are like $40 with 4 games, and I need all 4 for the collection?

Hard Pass.

2 Likes

Oh Sega…WTF are you DOING these days?!
Nothing but a quick cash grab.

1 Like

Had they not be keychain sized, and have more than 4 games for $40, i might consider.

Like if its close or at the same size as the original Game Gear and had like 30+ games. Like the Neo Geo Mini manages to fit 40 games in a light weight shell with a decent sized screen. No reason the Game Gear can’t do the same.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t get the point of those.

I was a Nintendo kid growing up, so I never really got to play extensively on a Game Gear in the past, and it was never a portable that I really chose to go out of my way to acquire as an adult. Would’ve been nice if this was close to original size with a modern screen and 20-30 games. Would be worth even $70-100 if the build quality was good.

1 Like

I did call them useless trinkets :sweat_smile:

Overcame my midnight madness tho, had all four in my Amazon JP cart initially :man_facepalming:

Ended up just pre-ordering the yellow one ( to support the wounded animal that is the OG Shining Force series )

@Darksakul what kind of paint did you use on your GC, might have to paint mine up too, my indigo gameboy player finally arrived from Japan, and it + XCM Viper shell + the from a smoker’s home GC are a hot mess of different purplely shades :imp:

1 Like

I haven’t decided if I’m going to paint my Indigo GameCube.

I got the GameCube at a pawn shop back in the winter; they only had DOL-001 in Indigo; kind of wanted either a black or silver one. None of their other color GCs were DOL-001, oh well.

Ended up winning a lot of 5 GameBoy Players from Japan, in the not-released-in-America colors (2x Indigo, 2x Silver, 1x Orange), so I picked the Indigo one that matched my GC the best. It’s faded slightly differently, obviously, but it’s not horrible. I think my brother might want one of them, but I’ll probably unload the other 3 GB Players at local shows/conventions when those are open again.

Adam koralik done a new cube video, he has a good setup with ode and hdmi

I used this

What ever you use this on, I would wash the plastic part you want painted in dish hand soap, and lightly scuff the entire surface with a green scotch bright pad, the scotch bright pad breaks up the surface of that plastic, breaks that surface tension, and allows for the vinyl dye to get a bite into the material and seep into the plastic. It works best when you trying to make a light colored plastic darker.

2 Likes

For US and EU Saturns with an Action Replay cart, VHT black dye is the only way to fly

1 Like

PS5 is fugly. That is all.

Still looks better than that POS Xbox what ever its called

1 Like

I’m not the biggest fan of the look of the PS5 either.
I don’t like major curves on my consoles, so the PS3 (+Slim +SuperSlim) and PS5’s designs are among my least favorite.

My favorite console designs have got to be the PS2 Slim, the GameCube, and the Dreamcast. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really hope both are quiet…looking at you PS4 Pro.

A slightly less useless trinket mehaps???

1 Like

I wondered about that too.

Big fan of Dan Kunz (citrus3000psi) who designed it, but this GC port upgrade seems… kind of useless to me?
$40USD for an upgrade kit to get a digital port on your DOL-101 GC (plus labor, whether you do it yourself or hire someone); while I’ve found a lot of DOL-001 GCs locally at pawn shops or small shows/conventions for $15-$25USD.

I mean, unless you’re really attached to the DOL-101 that you grew up with as a kid?

2 Likes