Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V

I’m so stoked that Toodles fixed the PSX support in the MC Cthulhu, not that unplugging/plugging was a major issue!

Also, I’m thinking of buying a used 32" Sony Wega CRT TV I found locally. I’m worried it won’t fit into my car though, my old 27" Wega was a tight fit in the back seat…

Fpr ps1/2 gaming?
Wegas were definitely top tier a ways back. I had a 32" I paid $1100 for a long time. That thing weighed almost 200lbs.

I still have a 34" Wega, and it weighs exactly 200 pounds. Still love it, though.

Yeah, for gaming with my PS1/PS2/Saturn/N64/SNES/NES systems. My 27" Wega’s picture is so bad right now, it was never the same after I paid to have it repaired (it weighs around 150 lbs.)

Can the LS-56 be mounted in any mass production stick, like say the TE?

I’m going to try and use this analogy all the time.

That and I gotta get my hands on an optical that won’t break the bank. As a university student, this is going to stupid hard.

not without modification to the TE’s mounting bracket

Yes.

For Universal Mounting Bracket like TE, replace default VF Mounting Plate with MS Mounting Plate.
For non-Universal Mounting Bracket like HRAP 3, then use default VF Mounting Plate.

Ok, here we go.
HRAP with no Universal Mounting Bracket.

PlayStation 2
HRAP ver.B
HRAP Amazon Edition
HRAP SA

PlayStation 2 with Game License
HRAP Soul Caliber III
HRAP Arcana Heart
HRAP Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2
HRAP Fate/unlimited codes

PlayStation 3
HRAP 3
HRAP 3 Amazon Edition

PlayStation 3 with Game License
HRAP Street Fighter IV
HRAP BlazBlue
HRAP Tekken 6

Xbox 360
None

Xbox 360 with Game License
HRAP Konamistyle Otomedius Gorgeous
HRAP Tekken 6

Ok, here we go.
HRAP with Universal Mounting Bracket.

PlayStation 2
HRAP
HRAP SE

HRAP 2
HRAP 2 SA

PlayStation 2 with Game License
HRAP Capcom Fighting Jam
HRAP Tekken 5

PlayStation 3
HRAP 3 SA
HRAP 3 SE

PlayStation 3 with Game License
None

Xbox 360
HRAP EX
HRAP EX SA
HRAP EX SE

Xbox 360 with Game License
HRAP Deathsmiles
HRAP Mushihimesama Futari

What?
TE Mounting Bracket does not need modify.

Just replace the the VF Mounting Plate that comes with Seimitsu LS-56(-01).
Replace the VF with Seimitsu MS Mounting Plate.

MS Mounting Plate is default on Seimitsu LS-33 and LS-55(-01).

My dad got a 50" Grand Wega for his home theatre. I loved playing games on it since it brought back memories of playing at the arcades in the late 90’s when Megalo 50 cabs were pretty common here.

Trying out the PS-14gs. Only like them for MvC2 right now, but prefer Sanwas for anything else. Going to give it more time before I completely write them off.

Still waiting for my LS-32-01, hoping it lives up to the hype!

You might want to give the stock stick in the TvC SE a whirl since it’s stiffer than the JLF, heck a few folks in the thread for that stick actually prefer it to the JLF.

I started putting PS-14G on everything after using a Namco and then EX SE. I prefer them to Sanwas and PS-14GN (though I wish they were screw rather than snap-in.) I seem to manage to break off the damned snap-in tabs every time I remove them from a case.

I was looking up a PCB diagram on Slagcoin yesterday and ended up mirroring the site. If anyone has time to look it over for missing content, broken images, etc. I would appreciate it. I didn’t see any when I was skimming it over.

http://srktt.com/slagcoin/

i also fell in love with PS-14-G’s. Kyle, do you have any of Art’s Plexi with PS-14-G’s mounted? i’m contemplating whether to order some Plexi from Art but don’t want to switch to another button (since the plexi adds extra thickness to the CP).

Hmmmm… Where can I get the clear nuts from the PS-14-KN without buying the whole button?

I want to use the nuts on the OBSN 30 buttons I have, and don’t want to use big orange nuts (oo-er!!).

yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i still find it a bit oddly disconcerting that i cant ear a click… sometimes it makes me feel like i havnt pressed the button…

i did this a few days ago on my se when i went to move around the buttons… sad panda…

Just buy Nuts AkihabaraShop.jp from.

:wow:50 inch CRT?!??! I bet that weighs 500+. He got that in the Philippines??!? All I know is that if I bought one from Manilla, it wouldn’t make the trip down here to Bias City.

Jesus Christ I thought that was just me…

I have a plexi from Art on my TE but that one has PS-14-GN. Unfortunately there’s not an all white PS-14G. You have to get a black rim on it which looked weird with a Vewlix red/white color scheme.

What’s worse is that I’ve done it plenty of times and I always manage to break at least one in a set. I press them very gently and they still give. Maybe it’s my manly Happ hands. The tabs on my SE stick all but disintegrated. I would highly recommend against removing those buttons unless you’re swapping them out.

And good god at the 50’’ CRT. I have a 27’’ CRT on my desk that weights at least 100 lbs.

I’m pretty sure Grand WEGAs are rear-projection, so that makes them a bit lighter.