BB Cross Tag Discussion: Fate of 4 Worlds

I hope that they also introduce characters in persona, BB and UNIB lore that aren’t playable in the main games, so that RWBY isn’t the only set of “new characters”

Also…Rachel with an assist is going to be godlike.

Imagine Rachel with Hilde keepaway assist. I am cringing at the idea as I type

Carl Clover w/ Persona character w/ persona

Lmao holy shit like did arksys really think this through at high level

The roster is going to be huge already. This is being done in the BBCF engine, so pretty much everyone in CF can be almost directly ported. But Blazblue doesn’t really have a lot of fighters left, unless we’re willing to pick people like Linhua and Bang’s Subordinate B.

Persona may or may not have some antagonists that can jump in. I’m not sure, watched Ultimax’s Story yesterday (P4 Chapter) and it was some real garbage. Unless they pick someone from 5 as foreshadowing of Persona 5 Arena, I don’t think that roster can contribute much.

Haven’t played UNIB yet. And I don’t even know who’s this Ruby chick.

Funny part, we can get 73 Characters (BBCF+P4AU+UNIB) without one new sprite in the roster.

That roster will be humongous.

Thre’s one important question I have to ask here

How the hell is ASW gonna balance this whole thing?

That’s the biggest question.

I guess they’ll have some pretty strong system mechanics to make sure everyone has at least a fighting chance. No assists also help with that. We can Burst and Counter Assault to be in for sure.

I’m also rather curious about the control scheme. P4A has auto combos and Personas. BB has Drives, no autocombos, a ton of command normals and I don’t even know what’s UNIB’s thing, but I heard they don’t have airdashes and they have some weird system mechanics.

How are they going to fit everything in one system?

Chances are arksys is going to start small so that balancing will be easier. There’s no way this wouldn’t be a shitfest otherwise.

Free tag and it’s game over for balance if that starting roster is over 25.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, until the added that Ruby chick and made it a 4 franchise crossover.

We’re getting a roster bigger than MvC2 at this point. You can’t have 4 franchises crossing over with less than 10 characters from each or you leave too many people out.

Just think about it, how many Blazblue characters are very important to the plot and iconic enough to get in? I can’t cut it to less than 10.

You still have to consider the RWBY side needs completely new work done AND it would have to match up to the other franchise’ character size, if they need it to.

Uniel has reverse beats, a hop button (which you can psuedo airdash with), and Shield which is like barrier blocking but reduces blockstun.

I don’t expect Uniel system mechanics to be ported over unless they do Grooves

I thought you were talking about MvCI until you said “highly anticipated”

Jesus are we sharing a brain?

I turned to my homeys after the reveal, and said if these two characters are in, I’m rushing down EB Games day -200 for this game.

I hope we get Guilty Gear characters anyway. I feel like someone out there might have the hands to play a Carl Clover/Zato-1 team.

Best girls shall always be best girls.

looks half baked and the full roster can only be underwhelming. might as well MUGEN. that mish mash fighting game is too try hard, and not a decent combination.
what a waste of money and resources. this just bloats the genre of upcoming fighting games in bad ways.

Like at least be original or make a pure sequel of something, instead of just stuffing them in a blender for a cash grab

They should focus on making a fun and functional game first. The balance can come later.

You’re not getting Guilty Gear characters. There was an interview where they asked about a vs series a while back and they said it wasn’t in the pipeline…obviously because this was in the works.

Also…XRD isn’t very anime compared to the other games I feel like the characters don’t mesh well with what BB is doing. I want Rev to continue to be it’s own thing

Let’s be honest here, they’re just saving the idea of GGxBB in Rev’s engine as a precursor to Blazblue’s sequel. They’re just too busy with DBFZ now.

I mean, Cross Tag does look like a last hurrah to ASW 2D depending on how you look at it. Everyone and their mother (including the fetus) in a massive tag battle?

Don’t get me wrong, maybe they’ll do another 2D game, but people have been asking for BB to get the Xrd treatment for a while now, and when Namco asks for it in a DBZ game, you know it’s good and popular.

According to someone on a fb group that i am part of, the highlighted part of this interview says that GG characters will be also in the game

https://scontent.ftgu1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20046579_1100479793417990_4321127120030433470_n.jpg?oh=c56ca8a020ca0f1f67ba91c6a3f7f33f&oe=59F11F6C

We need someone who knows japanese to confirm it.

It definitely says guilty gear in katakana. But why won’t they show the guilty gear characters in the trailer, are they updating the sprites or something?