BattleGrounds CT presents a SF4 and T6 tourney Feb. 12th and 13th 2010

BattleGrounds CT is having it’s first tourney and it’s going to be a 2 nighter. It will start Friday for warm-ups, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood and will go all night until the SF4,SC4,and Tekken 6 tourney starts on Saturday. I am hoping to make this really big so I hope to see you there!

Address:
The BattleGround Game Arena
378 Kelly Road, Unit #3
Vernon, CT USA 06066
860-896-5288

Venue fee:
$5 for the tourney
$5 for fight night on Friday. You do have to pay two seperate venue fee’s for both fight night and the BG tourney.

Tourney fee:
$5 for Garuo: Mark of the Wolves singles(Pending)
$5 for Guilty Gear singles
$5 for Melty Blood singles
$10 for Street Fighter 4 singles and teams
$10 for Tekken 6 singles and teams
$10 for Soul Calibur 4

Time:
Friday - 5 PM (May vary)
Saturday - 3 PM (Set in stone) and 1pm Soul Calibur 4
Registration starts at 12:30pm
We will not be waiting for anybody so be on TIME!

Games:
Garuo: Mark of the Wolves (Friday)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Friday)
Melty Blood: Actress Again (Friday)
Street Fighter 4 (Saturday)
Tekken 6 (Saturday)
Soul Calibur 4(Saturday)

Rules:

General
-BYOC (Bring your own controller/stick)
-Button mapping will be allowed. Let your opponent know before the match.
-Pausing during a round results in that player losing that round.
-Double blind pick for people that don’t want to be counter picked during the first match. It’s available upon request. Call an announcer if you need any help with this.
-PS3 versions of Tekken 6 and Street Fighter 4 will be used.
-PS2 versions of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood will be used.
-Xbox 360 version of Garuo: Mark of the Wolves
-Double Elimination Best 2 out of 3 Matches, Finals will be Best 3 out of 5 Matches. Each match will be best 2 out of 3 Rounds.
-Winner keeps the same character. The loser can choose a new character.
-All console characters are tournament legal unless otherwise noted.
-All Seeding will be done by Location, just make sure you tell the BG staff your location when you sign up because if you don’t we will just leave it the way it is and you will be out of luck.
-Be on time. If any tournament organizer calls your name, be ready to play. If we have to call you more than five times in one minute increments, you will be disqualified. Exceptions will be made to those already in other tournament matches. Getting food is not an excuse! Plan ahead of time.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Xbox 360 US Version)
-Double Elimination
-Timer set to 60 seconds
-Best 2 out of 3 rounds
-Best 2 out of 3 matches (Losers, Winners, and Grand Finals are best 3 out of 5)
-Button binding is allowed

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2 US Version)
-Double Elimination
-Timer set to 99 seconds
-Best 2 out of 3 rounds
-Best 2 out of 3 matches (Losers, Winners, and Grand Finals are best 3 out of 5)
-EX, Shadow, and Gold characters are banned
-Kliff and Justice are banned

Melty Blood: Actress Again (PS2 Japanese Version)
-Double Elimination
-Timer set to 99 seconds
-Best 2 out of 3 rounds
-Original Balance settings will be used
-Archetype Earth is banned

Street Fighter IV Teams (PS3 Version)
-Only grand finals will be 2 out of 3 matches.
-Each team can only have one of each character. No 2 Bisons on a team.
-Players must stick with their character throughout the team tournament.
-Matches are done Waseda Style 2v2
-Double Elimination depending on the # of teams.-Only grand finals will be 2 out of 3 matches.

Street Fighter IV Singles (PS3 Version)
-Double Elimination Best 2 out of 3 Matches, Finals will be Best 3 out of 5 Matches. Each match will be best 2 out of 3 Rounds. Winner of 1st match must stay as same character loser can change characters if they would like.

Tekken 6 (PS3 Version)
-Double Elimination
-Timer set to 60 seconds
-Best 3 out of 5 rounds
-If they are available for selection, Azazeal and Nancy are banned
-Blind Selection available upon request.

Tekken 6 teams
-Only grand finals will be 2 out of 3 matches.
-Each team can only have one of each character. No 2 Jin’s on a team.
-Players must stick with their character throughout the team tournament.
-Matches are done Waseda Style 2v2
-Double Elimination depending on the # of teams.

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3 Version)
-Double Elimination
-Timer set to 60 seconds
-Best 3 out of 5 rounds
-Button binding is allowed, change buttons on character select screen BEFORE the match starts
-Hilde, Algol, and Bonus characters are banned
-Blind Selection available upon request.

Prizes:

Subject to change depending on entrants(Example: Less than 10 entrants winner take all.)
SF4 Singles- 70-20-10
T6 Singles-70-20-10
SF4 and T6 teams-80-20
MB:AA-80-20
GGAC-80-20
SC4-70-20-10 plus $100(This is coming from Jian’s own pocket)
Garuo: Mark of the Wolves- Depending on entrants

Setups:
We are in need of setups to use for the tournament. We need PS3 for Street Fighter 4 (with every character unlocked) and Tekken 6. We also need PS2 setups for Guilty Gear and Melty Blood. The more setups we have, faster and smoother our tournaments will run. Any setups contributed would be greatly appreciated and measures will be taken assure that your setup will not come across harms way and will identify who they belong to so there’s no confusion when packing up. Please PM me if you’re willing to volunteer!

SF4 setups

1. kona
  2. Vyers
  3. blueNINE
    4.Mangler Excite

T6 set-ups
1.Jian

MBAA setups

1. kona
  2. Fraga

GG setups

1. Fraga
  2. Vyers
  3. blueNINE

SC4 set ups
1.Jian

Garuo: Mark of the Wolves(Xbox 360)
1.Kona

TV’s(The more tv’s the easier it is to run tourney’s!)

The reason why it is a two day event is because of casuals and people can have there own tourney but please don’t let it interfere with the main tourneys. If you want to make a thread in any other forum please just let me know before you do.

When players start signing up for the tourneys please tell or type in all your information at the front desk of Battlegrounds. An example would be if you wanted your character next to your name in the results then you would put your name then a dash and right next to it the character. The tourney organizers are not going to be responsible for any information you didn’t tell us at the front desk. Once everybody is all set with telling us their information we will then seed it accordingly.

I will update with more info once I have more time so please bear with me.

good shit man

This is hype as fuck. All night warmups then tourney? Epic MM’s better go down!

Alright, good shit. If there’s enough interest and time, I’d like to run a side Blazblue tournament. But like I said, there has to be enough interest. I’m not taking any less than 6 people.

Also, you can count on me for a SF4 setup.

Sprinfield crew please let me know what info I have missed so I can post it up.

Thx,

Thomas Vigil aka Vigilante

Hey, I wanted to know if we could hold a Melty Blood Actress Again tournament on Friday before the actual tournament. Since we’re slowly gathering MBAA players on Melty Bread I was hoping we could get our first actual tournament going and officially start the scene.

Yes you can and that’s why I put it up as a 2 day event because Friday is for anybody that wants to have a tourney for any game and Saturday is for the main tourneys(SF4 and T6) so it’s up to you what you want to do but make sure it doesn’t get in the way of the Saturday tourneys. Don’t forget to copy and paste this information and then put your tourney info after or before it.

Thanks alot, I’ll set the info up on Melty Bread now.

Tom, are we gonna post this up in Tekken Zaibatsu or do you want me to?

if you want to you can I was waiting for Damien but if you don’t mind you can.

well fuck, im out of town that weekend :confused:

you know im down

Ok, shit’s posted on TZ. http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115638

The date has been changed to Feb 12th and 13th of 2010 and there is a change in Venue fee’s so please look at the first post. Please update as needed for the other sites.

Thx,

Thomas Vigil aka Vigilante

Tom, shit’s taken care of on Dustloop and Tekken Zaibatsu. Also, check on of those pages for an update on setups.

Can anyone run a side 3S or alpha 2 tourney?

I’m mega-fucking down for this (especially all nighter deal).

I’ll call in some personal hours at work.

I do have one quick question though…

The tourney fee and venue fee = 10 bux total, with another 10 to enter sf4? That’s 20 bucks just for sf4 alone?

EDIT: I’m not being cheap just wondering how much $$$ I have to bring with me (or if I can even afford to go :((((((((( )

also also: TOM please put THIS STORE DOES NOT ACCEPT DEBIT CARDS BUT THERE ARE ATMS IN THE LOCAL AREA. I got boned pretty hard last time, had to walk up to a fuckin’ drive thru atm in the cold… :expressionless:

If you want to run them you can but the reason for the 2 nighter is so anybody can step up and run whatever they want. It’s up to you what you want to do so just let us know and post the info when your ready.

tom, tekken 6 tourney standard is 3/5 rounds per game, fyi

What about teams? Is my info on teams correct or do I need to fix something?