Battle at the Border 3 Results and Shoutouts

Battle at the Border 3 has concluded and what a tournament it was. Despite losing out on a good chunk of other players do to other tournamnets we still pulled through and we had over 90+ players in action, our biggest turn out yet. With over 100 people in total attendance. Thank you all especially to those who came in from out of town to help support our scene and tournament. And a major big thank you to the owners of NE1 LAN CNTR, very nice place indeed. Great hype for the Street Fighter 4 finals with Jan from Houston vs Luiz from Brownsville battling it out. And without further wait here are the results.

Street Fighter 4
Top 8
1st Jan - Houston (Zangief/Akuma)
2nd Luiz - Brownsville (Sagat/Ryu/Seth)
3rd Fro - Brownsville (Dictator)
4th Winchester - Houston (Sagat)
5th DeathNote - San Antonio (Ryu)
5th Legendary Gouku - San Antonio (Ryu/ChunLi)
7th Ratdash - Reynosa, MEX (Dictator)
7th OPP - San Antonio (Rufus)

Tekken 6
1st Surf and Destroy - Houston (Kuma)
2nd Fro - Brownsville (King)
3rd Ronin Warrior - Brownsville (Law)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo High Definition Remix
1st Shizuma_15 - Harlingen (DeeJay)
2nd Sir Fishhouse - Pharr (E.Honda)
3rd Jerry Lucas - Corpus Christi (Fei Long/?)

Marvel vs Capcom 2
1st Luiz - Brownsville
2nd Shizuma_15 - Harlingen
3rd Youtube - Alamo

Super Smash Bros: Brawl
1st Pax
2nd Vorguen
3rd Magik

Super Smash Bros: Brawl Doubles
1st Magik/Andilex

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Round Robin)
1st Kevin Michael - North Carolina

Shoutouts

DanEG (CO-DIRECTOR): My right hand man, seriously you guys don’t know how much help he was. I dare say that without him BATB probably would not have happened. This man knows his shit, support this mans future tournaments. Dan you have my up most respect and a big thank you for everything you have done. Not bad for your first big tournament. If you ever need my help with something you know I got your back.

Harry (owner of NE1 LAN): Thank you so much for letting us run BATB at your place. You own a very awesome place and that arena in the middle is actually very cool. Your crew and family helped us out a lot and I thank all of them. You are a very cool guy and I wish you the best of luck with your new LAN center. And again just thank you for getting everything we need and pulling through very clutch in the last couple of days.

Vorguen: You are a very cool guy. Thank you so much for letting us use your PA system. That helped us so much you don’t understand. Good shit getting 2nd in Brawl. I wish you luck with your future tournaments you host. If you need some tournament guidance or tips for running tournaments I will be more then happy to give you advice and help you out and I’m sure the same goes for Dan.

MC Clusky: You are my knight in shining armor. Thank you again for helping me out run SF4. You were such a relief for me I could have kissed you :confused:, no homo

San Antonio: Holly crap you guys should up in full. Next time you guys have a SA tournament I will definitely be there. You are all cool cats man and you are welcomed down here anytime.

Allen: Thanks so much for hooking us up with the HD camera. Really appreciate it.

Houston: Again you show up to beast in our main game LOL. Good shit to Jan for winning SF4 and Surf for winning T6. Thank you guys for supporting us and see you all at future TX tournaments.

Corpus Christi: Man I haven’t seen you guys in years. It was awesome to see you guys again. Felt a bit nostalgic. We definitely have to meet up more. Jerry good match in HDR, clocks are stupid. And J fuck man long time, great seeing you man and good luck with everything you got going on. Rey I had no idea you still played games thanks for coming out. You guys need to bring Big nasty and Phelps next time.

Shizuma15/DiscipleZero/Dans Friends: We have so much gratitude to you guys for helping us with the SF4 bullshit that is unlocking characters. Poor Danny is burnt out on SF4 for the rest of his life because of that. Thank you guys so much.

Michelle: Probably our main media person. Without you we would have never gotten the interest of noobtube.tv. It blindsided us but we were thrilled and it works out for both us. See you later in the week so we can finish our last interviews. Big thank you for this.

Jive: Thank you for running T6 and FUCK TMNT tournament fighters.

I am very tired so if I’m forgetting anybody I’m sorry but thank you and you know I got love for you guys, I’ll check it later again and add more people as they pop in my head. Again thank you to everybody for showing up and especially to the out of towners. We do this for all of you and I’m glad we can bring you a tournament you all can enjoy.

And one last MAJOR shoutout to NOOBTUBE.TV, thank you for gaining interest to our tournament. This is definitely an upcoming site you guys should really check it out. Great website. We will be getting you the footage later on in the week.

-DJ-

Thanks to everyone who made this shit happen. Its not really the ones listed above. Its the people who took the time to travel/spend money/give rides and enter tournies that made it happen. I had a blast, im exhausted but damn my first big fighter tourny and all I did was lose my wallet. I got a lot of you on tape/pictures etc so check noobtube.tv and PM for links to pics on my myspace being posted today.
Can’t wait for NE1 grand opening either. Next batb will be bigger and badder. Baddererer.
Congrats to the winners (where’s my cut jan??)

that dude taking pics. will they be posted up somewhere?

was fun. only upsetting i had was losing in t6. place wasnt cramped up like i thought. good shit to everyone!

Corpus Christi: Man I haven’t seen you guys in years. It was awesome to see you guys again. Felt a bit nostalgic. We definitely have to meet up more. Jerry good match in HDR, clocks are stupid. And J fuck man long time, great seeing you man and good luck with everything you got going on. Rey I had no idea you still played games thanks for coming out. You guys need to bring Big nasty and Phelps next time.

This post is too good lol

That was harry’s (the lan center owner) graphic designer/photographer. Check out ne1lan.com soon to see if the pictures go up. I have the guys contact info and will be talking with him soon to see what pictures he got. I know the poor guy had trouble taking pictures cause of the flash, and a lot of people didn’t seem interested or rather annoyed by him. PM me for links later.

what happened san antonio?

Thanks everyone for the hospitality, whenever you guys want to head down to Houston just let me know.

Michelle, I forgot your cut?:xeye: Hope to see everyone at future events.

Hey jim, how many entrees were there for marvel? Gah sorry i couldnt make it everyone.

Thanks for Luiz for the housing and the rest of the south for the late night casuals. Tournament was ran pretty well and the venue was a lot larger than it was presented in the pictures. Also liked the headphone set ups, they helped quite a bit. Anyways good shit to everyone and hope to see yall in the Dallas major next month.

uploading

winners finals
[media=youtube]Lcl8el6DwOk[/media]
[media=youtube]YrkhYH4oGbk[/media]
[media=youtube]YYGH9ofcGaI[/media]

tnks to everybody for this tournament, was great ^^

(headphones fuckin rluz :rock: )

ggs everyone, specially San Antonio, thnks for coming!! :nunchuck:

next time i will go, u can add me on psn if u want to get some games in demon_jim
p.s. good job jerry for getting third in hdr a way to represent.

I thik i would have gotten 2nd in TMNT if we actually finished the matches I was doing pretty good, that game is so good.

GG’s to all

Thanks to all the SA crew and Houston peeps that came down here to support this BATB! was damn good i had a blast

IM HDR CHAMP! deejay was on a warpath:devil:

stupid luiz makes me 2nd everytime in marvel:annoy:

Good games to everyone I played in SF IV. ratdash had a good Bison, I got lucky that I won in losers bracket. Bane after that ultra garbage in the corner I think I had mentally given up after that. You did really well in Tekken also. Good job!

Team SA - I’m sorry for resorting to mashing. I feel karma will get me back two fold for it. :sad:

This tournament was the balls and I had a great time getting trashed in SF4.

BIG CONGRATS to FRO from me because everyone in Smash always talks to much shit to him. Your Bisheens a beast dawg :]

And also, Congrats to Luiz and Jan rounding up the top of SF4, and all the winners in the other games.

If anyone cares to see Brawl results:

But mostly,

Jim: Thank you so much for letting me be a big part of Battle at the Border 3. I was stoked to be brought in and after a long three days of unlocking shit and organizing we pulled it off. It was so much fun. You are the most legitimate TO I have ever met and I’m glad to say aside from CO-Directors we are also friends (no homo)

Thank you to everyone who helped out by donating equipment and their time to unlock charachters and help set up. We never would have been organized without you all. Hamm, Burgers, Jake, YouTube, David, Adrian, Michelle, Jumper, Leo, Dimas and everyone else that lent from one game disc to a complete standing unit for marvel. If I left anyone out I’m sorry I am still learning everyones names :x

And the most important thanks is the the gigantic community that showed up. With 91 unique players and some spectators we were over 100 people strong. It was a great feeling to have everyone show up and of course this even could not have been on the level of success that it was without you all. Thank you to the out of towners for showing us some love and to the locals that housed and locals that showed up to see where they stand.

NE1: The venue was dope and I’m glad we crossed paths and were able to host there. Everybody should expect big things from this place. I have spoken with Harry (the owner) a lot and he has a gnarly vision for competitive gaming in the RGV. So with a turn out like this and a resource for players as excellent as this one I know the Valley is on its way to be a threat in SF4 and beyond.

I can’t wait for more action in the Valley. I am going to start practicing SF4 and my goal for the next tournament is to get at least 3 rounds deep and not 2-0d out of the bracket T_T lol. Thank you all again!!

I’m psychic. Who wants lotto numbers?

Dan, I have some pictures of the smash kids too. Let them know.

Edit: Guys, I put up BATB images on my myspace complete with comments. click hurr. I have a photobucket album dedicated to it too, however it does not have comments attached. Photobucket hurr.

Good Games to everyone!!
Now i know what i need to work on and such…
I’ll be looking forward to facing everyone again at future tourneys!!

kind of a repeat from the Harlingen thread

GGs to everyone at the tourney. Fro and S&D are beast in Tekken (I wanted to see Fro’s Lars though:shake:). My Day 1 Law still has ways to go until I can really compete with you two.

Blazblue is officially dead here. Not only was the tourney cancelled, but NOBODY played casuals either.

TMNT Tournament Fighters needs to become an official game lol. Make it replace Blazblue or something. That game is so fun in a hilariously broken-yet-balanced way.

…and I don’t even want to talk about Smash lol. I’m still pissed off at myself.

Thanks to San Antonio and Houston for coming! Oh, and Mexico too :D. I’ll try to see if I can make it to Dallas. Someone from down here said he was going and wanted me to go, so I’ll check in on that.

Great matches. Good shit to everyone! I got to bring out my Mid-tier Seth lol. I’m saving up money to start traveling for sf4 like I used to for marvel. SF4 is my new crack haha.

The venue was pretty nice. I loved the headphone set up. Can’t wait for the next BATB.

No shit. Better than other places in the valley by 100%