Balrog (Boxer) Combos

In regards to the advanced combos. It seems like it would be better to use the BnB comobs instead. I mean most of them do around the same damage and stun as the advanced combos. Also with the damage scaling it this games it seems like doing an advanced combo is huge huge risk, with little reward. If i am missing something please inform me

ur right, but some advanced combo builds good meter, and rog with meter is beastly

Anyone got some general tips vs dictator? A friend of mine is pretty damn good with him and we go pretty even we both switch up our tactics a lot. But i wanna dominate him

Combo thread dude. Go ask in the match ups thread:wink:

did this combo on accident today

3x cr.jab, st jab, st dash punch cancel into super
beastly 10 hit combo

Great thread, easy to read and very useful. Thanks for the help.

I got paid!@

Okay, I’m trying to re-learn Rog combo’s on my new SE FightStick. I no longer have the timing to link into moves. So I thought I’d look at some Gootecks clips and see how he does it. The first clip I found was [media=youtube]AakE1x94ymk&feature=channel_page[/media] one. The speed of the combo he does on 3.30 is unreal! He does the casual j.HK > c.LP*2 > c.LK > HB > Ultra, but just look how fast he links those normals. I tried copying it at his speed, but it’s just not possible. It would more or less go click-click slight pause click. But when I try do match his speed I dont even get out my second LP and it just goes straight to LK. How’d Gootecks do it this fast?

Edit: I think I’m just tired. I’m doing the exact same thing now too…

man
i did the most retarded combo today with rog

jump HK
st HK (close)
cr HP x Super

it did 500+ dmg (!)

anyways, this was all possible due to frame data!

also as a random side note:

the size of a character’s hit box changes as they wave their hands around when they are standing still

for example, chun and dan

^ gunna have to try that combo out, does it need to be performed in the corner, or is anywhere good?

Haha yeah hes got a bunch of funny super cancelable normals. The timing on that must be hella tight. It’s a 1 frame link right, the st.Hk link cr HP?

I was looking through the combos and I didn’t see:

j. rh/f – c. mk ~ c. st --> hb or dashing straight (348 dmg for hb)

It’s a hard link but I figured I’d throw it out there.

Yeah there are alot of little links and combos I could list but I think 1 frame links are kinda impractical however maybe I should make a list to including all of these kinds of combos.

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere but TAP’s level 1-7, cr. short, fierce headbutt works perfectly fine. I dunno how fast TAP charges though… I’d assume it’d be 1 level for every 2 second increment considering it takes 2 secs to get to level 1? The more TAP charge you have, the harder it is to link, and you have too much recovery to make the link.

EDIT: Not my combo, a friend and mentor showed it to me today to compliment the regular B&B of cr. jab, cr. jab, cr. short, fierce headbutt and stuff off EX Upper.

yeah st HK ~ cr HP is a 1 frame link

my test dummy was chun-li and the combo was working both mid screen and in the corner.

The jump in attack has to be hella deep (ideally it would come after a knockdown) for everything to link.

Are there any Anti-Air into ultra combos without having to first land the headbutt. Such as throwing a cr.HP while they are jumping at you, can you headbutt them as they land than line up for your ultra?

anyone find it impossible to do a dash upper after low jabs on the xbox controller???

the dash ground upper always comes out instead…

I can do low jabs then dash straight no problem.

I used to have trouble with that all the time, but here’s the trick:
to do dash upper, hold up forward and do it, or you can do what I do, I let my stick go neutral, then quickly tap forward kick. Honestly, I think letting the stick go neutral, then tapping forward kick is the easiest way to do it. I rarely mess it up now.

That is actually the sole reason for me being forced to learn stick for this game. it was almost impossible for me to do a crouching string into Dash Upper, as :l:charge:df::k: came out 80% of the time during a match. It is very much doable if you do :l:charge, Neutral, :r::k: as mentioned above, but my need and habit to slide my thumb along the d-pad wont allow me to do this. I tried doing :l:charge:uf::k: and it did increase my success rate a bit, but it was still like 50/50, I do not have these problems on PS2/3 pad though =(

Actually, you can combo his Ultra off any dash punch that hits as anti-air. It’s just that Headbutt is easiest. c.HP resets them, so there’s not much (if anything) that can hit them before they land.

Are there any reasons to do c. lp, c.lp, c. lk, hp headbutt over c. lp x3, hp headbutt?