Bahrain thread

i just went to this comando place, the store was closed, i dont know if they closed for good or just cuz its friday :S … i think we should talk to game-on’s owner and talk him to a reasonable price for 2-3 hours of play for like every thursday or something.

I’ve only been to commando a couple times a long time ago before they moved to the new location across the street. I think it’s just closed for Friday. I pass by it whenever I pass through Jid Ali, and I usually see it open in the afternoons/evenings. The staff at commando were pretty cool when I went there long ago. The focus is on lan fps on PC but if we can get a good rate for the TV and console, it would be a pretty sick place for gatherings I believe.

never heard of commando’s place? is it in juffair? I when out to eat yesterday and was tempted to stop in at game-on to talk the guy down to reasonable pricing for gameplay, but i’m not to sure he’s going to compromise. Any of you guy’s familiar with Bahrain, is there any other place we can hold weekly gathering’s? We all should be play’in MK9 right now lol =)

Commando is located in Jid Ali, almost exactly at the entrance from Tubli to Jid Ali. I passed by game-on today. It seems they lowered their rates to 3bd an hour per person. Still too high, but I hope they continue to lower the price. Right now, I can’t think of any places to hold regular gatherings, but I’m sure there are places around Bahrain that have people regularly come over to play fifa so maybe that could be a good lead to check out.

Also, Banicon (Bahrain Anime Convention) is holding a MK9 tourney at the end of June (or start of July, I’m not exactly sure). I’m gonna be putting most of my focus on MK in the following month. It would be epic to have a few practice sessions with you guys before the tourney. (Facebook page for banicon is here: https://www.facebook.com/banicon?sk=wall)

PS. It’s been idle for a while, but there is a Street Fighter Community Bahrain facebook group. I’m gonna be trying to get it back up and running hopefully ^^

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Fighter-Community-Bahrain/114034152002104

is this going to be on PS3 or 360?

They just put up a trailer for the tournaments. It looks like it’s gonna be played on PS3 and has a capacity of 32 players. I don’t know yet how registration works though. I’ve already shot them an email about that.

Ah well I won’t be able to play with you guys ( Abu Dhabi here)

Alright guys, I’m resurrecting this thread. First off, I want to spread this facebook page for Bahrain’s gaming community in several competitive games from Street Fighter to Mortal Kombat to FIFA and so on: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bahrain-Gaming-Community/243637918980244?sk=wall
I urge you to check it out and like it to help strengthen Bahrain’s gaming community.

Also, I finally have my internet up and running so add me on PSN: OFree

After my humiliating loss in Banicon, I have stopped playing Mortal Kombat. I’m focusing mainly on AE now with a bit of Marvel on the side so feel free to add me. Just mention that you’re from SRK and I’ll accept ^^

Also, I heard that Game-on has lowered their rates to 1BD an hour for the summer. I’m planning on passing by there to see if there is any possibility of it being a good meet-up place in the short run at least and see if there is any possibility of renting out a few of their screens for a small tournament or something.

Knowing game-on, its probably not gonna happen, but it seems to be one of our best options so I’ll give it another shot.

sup peeps. sorry i haven’t been posting up in here. been kinda bogged down with life. GGs to lewis, and steven for his awesomeness in a.e and Mahvel… dopeness. i need to hit the dojo. I didn’t get the other guys name but he’s good as well. i need to beef up -_-

Unlimited: are you still in bahrain? metallicaband? Yousif a?

Yah, those were good games. Other guy’s name is Lawrence. Pretty sure neither of em have SRK accounts just yet. Definately hoping to get more games in. I didn’t even know there was a Bahrain thread around here… I’m pretty sure this one popped up right after I stopped searching for one. Anyways, would definately be nice to get a community started up.

i see what you’re saying about the different button settings that ps3 has that the x-box version doesn’t have. You can just press the buttons and they will auto change to whatever you want to change to as appose to having to actually move the stick to do the change. I just didn’t know you had sticks man, i would have not brought the x-box over. ;p

Yah, but I only have the one stick for PS3. Those 360 sticks you have have a weird button setup too on the face, but I’d rather have to deal with annoying button checks than have to rotate around a pad among a group of people who all play on sticks. We still need more people though.

no doubt on more comp. It’s here but many of them are not in the loop about this site. I have Monday night off, so I’m game for that day.

Yup im still here, the other guys are as well…so have u guys been up to anything ???

If you don’t mind me asking have you gotten any good matches online against anyone from Oman? Wouldn’t mind playing you guys in MvC3, CS2 or SF3 (although my connection isn’t all that, I get good connection wit UAE though

i play with a dude from oman ( usually yellow bar ) his psn id is shinra_wr… not much lag thu

lol, I know him, played against him but he’s been busy lately so I couldn’t get any games with him in weeks.
Thing is his connection is prob. a lot better than mine (1’m 1 MBPS, don’t ask =p)
If you guys ar having a session this week or on weekend, mind PMing me about it plz?

Found it! Though after the last 5 hours of MvC3 I’m going to sleep finally.