Bad Players at Evo?

Yes sir, can’t deny that. :slight_smile:

More or less, that’s what the trip was going to be about. I’m trying to step my game up cause I’m tired of playing the people I do now. All they do is bitch and moan about how “Sent is unfair. Sent/Cammy is cheap. All you do is fly around you queer.”

In the back of my mind always thought about the drawbacks of getting perfected.I’m a Marvel player too(We know how bad that can get).

The tournament seems fun,but I when I go in the future,I want to go to win(Which will be unlikely:sad: ).

I remember last year at Evo my first match I went up in 3rd Strike, the guy I play says “I haven’t played this version of Street Fighter before, I thought I should enter because it’ll be fun.” I didn’t take too much heed and thought he was sandbagging, even after he said “Oh man, Akuma’s in this game?” :rofl:

Needless to say he got owned pretty hard. He really had no idea what to do, outside of throwing out fireballs like they were good like in Street Fighter 2.

I agree with this. Last week’s console tourney was a blast. I wasn’t expecting to play as well as I thought I did. Just go, relax, and have fun. You play better and don’t have to stress yourself over the fact that you didn’t get as high as you thought you would.

But then again, there’s always that first major tourney in your life that gives you the willies and you get nervous and expect to impress. Just have fun. That’s the key.

I only play Marvel/Tekken seriously, and I’ve only gotten two perfects in Marvel, and about ten kazillion ones in Tekken(perfects in Tekken don’t amount to much, but perfects in marvel are pretty rare).

My first perfect was with strider/doom against a player using ironman/warmachine/doom last summer. My second perfect was actually just two weeks ago using team scrubclops, against someone using Omegared/Guile/Colossus(my second perfect isn’t all that impressive once you consider the actual matchup at hand).

U Should Never Hesistate To Enter A Tourney

JaHa is a bad player.

If you’re soft, you’d get eaten alive in Marvel, ego wise and game play wise.

Confidence has a lot to do with how well you play, and don’t confuse confidence with cockiness, and don’t let your confidence get shot down if you lose.

Hey it can’t be as bad when I fuckin’ took A-Terry, Rock, Cammy to 2k5.

Go and have fun, You’ll lose your pools, win in the abnormal side games, and make sure if you shake hands with Daigo, he’s sober.

Drunk Daigo was really that bad?

At a tourney, its about maintaining composure to me, and trying to calm anxiety. This is especially hard since I have a anxiety disorder.

Maybe. Not sure if I can make it or not.

Maybe meditating would work? :wink:

If your not a well know player then what do you have to lose? I always figure great players are the ones that carries the most pressure because everyone is rooting for them and expecting them to win. You should always take the matches as if your the underdog. Then you will perform better.

hmm well a couple of years ago, justin wong the worlds best mvc2 player got ocved in marvel by soomighty, while getting heckled by the crowd. but no big deal. it happens. vid here

well put thats a very good motivation speech

Getting perfected is no big thing, it happens to everyone. If you don’t talk trash, then i don’t see a reason people would make fun of you even if you did get perfected.

Talking Trash is the only thing that makes a Player Bad.

When I see a really bad player at evo during the tournament I just assume they are not playing their “main” game. For example couple years ago I entered tekken and guilty gear. Guilty gear i went 0-8 but I have only played the game with 1 other person and played it casually, but in tekken i managed to win my bracket. I dont think evo is only about winning, although its a large and nice part of it if you do well, but the overall experience is well worth it and a chance to see where you stand in terms of your talent and how much more work needs to be done to improve your game.

ironman one hit kill/resets, i’ve seen it too many times from iron illan