B*tches Gather 'Round: The MvC3 Iron Man Team Thread

What assist do you run on Wolverine? Do you use it at all? I thought about using a team similar to that.

Damn, I am picking Dormamu with his pillar assist.Not only does the pillar help Tony but Dorm with a beam assist is gdlk.

Assist do you use for wolverine?

i put this in the wesker forum too but i have ironman out first and dhc into maximum wesker after a full combo. then unibeam assist to push ppl in the corner. and im loving samurai edge for the unblockable.and akuma tatsu for pressure. and because akuma xfactor is already a 9. (btw sentinal xfactor is already a 10 for reference.) (and if you want more jokes, its easier than holding down back with honda)

Iron Man (Repulsor Blast)/Storm (Whirlwind)/Ryu (Tatsumaki)

Tony starts on point, building meter and DHCing out to Hail Storm if the situation calls for it. Ryu covers people with Tatsu assist Akuma-style, and Whirlwind works well while Ryu is on cooldown. Access to three beam supers gives the team perfect DHC synergy as well.

Tony’s jump is too high to get instant overheads on Sent, so in this case I’ll switch out to Storm and cover her with Tatsu/Repulsor Blast.

Ice Storm and Shinku Hadouken are incredible assist-punishers, complementing Tony’s big damage on point.

This team also works very well subbing Ryu for Akuma.

I’m kind of torn at the moment. I’m currently running Wesker/Dante/??

I don’t know if I should put Iron Man in there for his awesome UniBeam assist that would really help Wesker’s already confusing and dangers approach or Trish who can set up traps with her assist. I’m going to have to play a few games with both to see which.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to which of the two, Trish or Iron Man, would meld best with Wesker/Dante?

Iron man with X-23 (ankle slicer) and Dr.Doom (hidden missiles)

I was running Morrigan over Doom for awhile but it was so hard getting in and starting an offensive that I switched to Doom even though I don’t like him that much.

I was actually thinking about IM/X-23/Sentinel.

I’m trying MODOK/Magneto/Ironman

Wesker/Iron Man/Dormammu

Wesker’s OTG+low gun attack assist to help Ironman create unblockables and to extend Dorm’s combos.
Iron Man’s Unibeam to aid Dorm and Wesker.
Dorm has his Purification assist to help Iron Man control space better.

One zoner, one rushdown and one character that’s a jack-of-all-trades. Dorm is good at long range, IM good at mid-range, Wesker good at close range. All deal solid damage and can take a beating. Wesker is the battery and pointman.

Right now I am using Ironman/Sent/Doom. I use sent for the drones when doing a juggle for a knock down into proton cannon or simple resets. I use Doom for offensive/deffensive, mainly offensive for tri jump pressure with Ironman. I hardly use the sentinel assist or OTG’s for Ironman, most of the time I am trying to pressure with fly/unfly pressure strings or resets with sentinel assist or crossover. I am enjoying the doom assist with Ironman and Sent, especially with the pressure/zone with sentinel.

I’d go with the Unibeam assist. It comes out pretty fast. I’m not sure if it stays out longer than Trish’s, but I definitely know Unibeam has helped me out a lot. Add that in to Wesker and Dante being able to teleport and you should be able to get in fine.

This teams actually really good on both offense and defense I’ve been running it with alot of success although I’m thinking of switching in wesker for x-23 because of the health differential. I’m undecided on this one though since I have alot of anti-sent setups with x-23.

Well I’ve been trying to play Ironman and I ended up playing with Ironman b(repulsor blast)/Deadpool b(Katana-rama)/Doom y(rocks). Its not that bad once you get use to the heavy hitting, yet difficult 0 meter combos that Ironman and Doom(?) have.

Ironman can extend his long hard hitting combos with Deadpools OTG assist for at least 60% damage. He also has Doom’s rocks so that he can get help with zoning and to get some cover while rushing down.

Earlier, someone showed us some Deadpool combos with Ironman’s Repulsor blast assist. It was in the earlier build but I think it is still possible to do them. Not sure how Doom will work with Repulsor blast assist (will probably extend the Buktooth loop) but I will experiment and post later.

i use Iron Man/Magneto/Dante but i suck at Mahvel at the moment

n e body got a good Iron Man on XBL so i can learn from them?

Combofiend’s old team of IM/Mag/Sent is still fantastic in this game. I’m running IM(Uni)/Sent(drone charge)/Mag(disruptor) and you have a healthy mix of keep-away and rush down. Team has good DHC’s and unibeam/disruptor are probably two of the best beams in the game, especially when paired.

I’m currently using IM/Mags/Morrigan, but I’m currently free at this game. I need some fly/unfly training. I just don’t get the timing.

Right now, I’m running Trish / Wolverine/ IM… I use IM unibeam assist to help connect Trish’s instant overhead into dive kick and combo, and it also give me coverage to go for a cross up Air dash H. Wolverine can dash in and instant overhead with j. L, j. L, J.S into combo using Unibeam and it connects with no real timing. But I’m having a hard time since IM is my anchor character and he really can’t do much himself…

so I’m thinking about running, Trish/ IM/ Tron. Trish still benefits from IM on rushdown and I have an Anti air with Tron if I go defensive that I can combo out of. I can also end Trish air combos with Round Harvest trick into IM and get a mix up with Tri jumping M (not sure, but it’s pretty easy with Wolverine). Also thinking abotu Trish/ IM/ Sent but I kind of want to avoid him for now since I use him as a crutch

I didn’t think I’d end up an Iron Man fan, but, shit happens and so here I am. Ended up with She-Hulk (Torpedo) / Iron Man (Unibeam) / Doctor Doom (Hidden Missiles). Totally rockin’.

Wow thats crazy NickGuy Im from Rochester too.

But any ways… Does dooms rocks help Iron Man get in with the same idea as Sent drones? Im using IM/Ammy/Sent but I want to replace Sent with Doom and Im not sure if I should run Hidden Missiles or Rocks