Are you the worst Sakura Player? Vent here

It’s true. My win percentage is 25.43%.

It seems as if I can’t counter in combos, as my opponents do me, apparently you can get Shoryuken’d out of a Shunpukyaku, your opponent can block from behind, etc. And the only characters I face are the anti-Sakuras, like Sagat, Ryu, Ken, Blanka, and Balrog. I’m not quitting, I just need some encouragement here. I mean c’mon, 25.43%?

I think I need counseling. Am I the only one who shares these grievances?

Go ahead an vent your complaints. We all have bad days.

balrog should be an easy fight for you… stay on the ground… tatsus rape his punches and FAs rape most of his dash punches

honestly dude, my win percentage probably isnt much better if at all lol. personally i dont like playing online because of lag problems. but yeah dude i hate anyone with a srk theyre all evil

To add to shytzoo’s advice…

Balrog can be your bitch, esp newbies using him. Just like most newbs, balrog rookies are looking to hit the one combo balrog is known for…cr.jb, buffalo headbutt, ultra…and that’s almost all they’ll be looking to hit. Walk in close enough to bait the headbutt and tear em a new one. Throw a few st.RH to give them false hope in nailing the leg to start the combo.

Here are some things to look for versus other characters:

vs Ryu: psychic otoshis can make fireball spammers think twice. During a break in the action, jump back and wait…ryu players are engrained to throw fireballs whe ever there’s any space. Anicipate and punish.

vs Ken: the most common pattern is f.MK, cr.MK+hadoken (or another f.MK). Learn the start-up animation and punish the f.MK

vs Gouken: they will almost always throw the horizontal hado and then ‘predict’ another jump with a diagonal hadoken. Jump the horizontal and shouken to close the gap and punish.

vs Akuma: most are impatient. What I mean is that they’ll play keepaway but expect you to run into the fireballs. Don’t. Hang back and wait for them to attack. Depending on how long they play keepaway will be their other offensive skills. Most of the time, runaway works so they aren’t as accomplished with Akuma’s plethora of moves except for the obvious ones (watch out for the st.RH). Once they charge in, expect the jump-in fireball followed by a throw, sweep or overhead.

vs Sagat: when you see them spazzing with the crouch, they’re going to ultra, so stay away. When they spam tiger shots, jump in and kick those hands. You can counter the rh tiger knee with your cr.HP-tatsu combo, but don’t try it on their lk tiger knee…but you can expect an uppercut after so block and punish.

vs Cammy: no contest cuz cr.HP stuffs all her jump-ins and hooligan throw. Cannon spike can be punished by blocking it, then walking forward and hitting with st.RH. A blocked cannon drill can be cr.HP into a combo.

vs Vega: Same as Cammy. Her cr.HP stuffs everything he’s got, from normal jump-ins, to specials and supers. Block the Ultra and ex shouken to punish.

Her j.MP is an excellent anti-air, so get in the habit of using it.

Just enjoy the game And learn from every round. It’s not About getting to
s rank as fast as possible, but about knowing why fights turned out the way they did so it won’t happen again. Enjoy the game at your pace and don’t feel the need to get up to speed as fast as you can…otherwise, you’ll never enjoy the game

her lp and mp shouken are great against poke happy ryus and kens. They love sticking out cr. or st. mk into hados, get their timing down and punish it everytime. They wont be so poke happy after that. Or the simpler way to get them to stop is cr.mp, it has high priority, but the range is alot less obviously.

Joe you havent played me yet! I give no time to training and I really apologize I wasnt able to respond to you last night. I was playing a irl friend plus watching a movie and talking with the wife lol. Maybe tonight we can get some games in and really see who is the worst Socks player lol.

im 23.13%.

those are fighting words.

well, no you’re not.

im confused about the rog/sagat trouble though. if your win rates 25%, you should only be g3/g2, where the rogs and sagats play to sakura’s weaknesses by spamming dash punches and tiger shots. those should practically be byes. Sagats eventually learn better, but rog is always easy in g3. just spam focus and tatsu.

don’t give up so easily. ^^

unless you’re playing a blanka or honda. then you’re screwed. [cant punish anything!]

Alright, I’ll look out for ya :tup:

Thanks guys, its nice to know I’m not the only one who sucks. I’ll keep these strategies in mind. I’ve noticed that since I don’t win many matches, the ones I get very close to winning are the ones I play most patiently in. I usually lose by making a bad move in the heat of the moment. :karate:

Hey… smilies… I forgot about these things…

Dash punches are the ones that kinda suck you in aren’t they? I hate those, especially when they use their ultra when you’re airborne.

I started playing SF again 3 days ago after a 10 year or so break from the series.

My win rate:
5.00%

You have been shown who is the boss.

pish, at a similiar timeframe my record was half that.
my first win came after 38 straight losses. by the time my hundredth match rolled around i had climbed up to 3%.

how many matches have you had?

you sir, are not the worst sakura player on the SRK forums. I AM.

i’ve only just recently gotten hardcore about sf4, and i’ve never really been hardcore about any street fighter before sf4, so you can imagine the disadvantage i’m already at. I think the only “fighter” i really played hardcore was ssb brawl (i figure its blasphemy to mention the name of that franchise here on the SRK forums, but hey, i’ve long since given up playing that game =p).

any way, my point is, i’m horrible at this game, i suck at timing, i can’t chain or link for the life of me, and i usually turn into a button mashing scrub when under pressure in a match, but i still persevere. it sucks, but hey, i know i’m becoming better. currently maining ryu balrog and sakura, probably do the best with balrog cause he’s easier to beat other players with at lower level play (personal opinion), but i still play sakura more. >.<

oh and yeah, this is my first time using an arcade stick.

I think I’ve had around three hundred matches, won almost one hundred. I was playing Devilnem the other day, out of 48 rounds I won like one…

You won three matches with some close rounds.

You haven’t seen me lol. I haven’t got a clue how to play sak now. I feel naked without crossup MK :sad:

honestly if you don’t sit and practice all of her links, combos, set-ups, resets and all that junk you will always feel at a loss of what to do. Once you get all the BnB stuff ingrained into your brain it becomes second nature. So what I’m saying is work on your execution until you get really comfortable, cuz with saks in this game if you mess up a link or a combo, it can mean a round won or a round lost.

i hate links so much. I cant ever seem to get them off in a match, but i know i will need them, even if i dont now.

i cant even do hard trial one. :frowning:

worse, i think my d-pad is dying, if such a thing is possible. i’m missing so many gimme ultras these days, its embarrassing.

Best advice you’ll ever get-

save up and buy a stick. Ditch the pad.

My win rate:
0.00%

Out of 0 online matches.

But my percentage’s lower so I’m now the boss.

For all the hype, actual differences are negligable. unless you have lots of arcade experience, you might aswell save your money and use a pad. why waste money reachieving the status-quo?