ARcades in Taiwan?

I’ve been to a couple arcades in Taiwan, most with little or no comp. They all seem to play KOF with no love for CvS2/3s.

this is a place south of Taipei. (Haven’t been to the place yet so I am not sure what the comp is like)
http://www.arcademongogo.com/

this site has a few places listed. I haven’t been to all of them, but the directions for some of the spots are vague.
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jjcheng2/arcade_banchiao.txt
This .txt doc includes some of these:

-Shih Lin Night Market (Jungle City? I think)
A few KOF 2002 players and some other SNK games I couldn’t identify (didn’t look like a good place for comp)

-Xi Meng Ding (Shi Tz Ling -Lion’s Cineplex or something- Dino World? lol)
Tekken 5 DR comp, KOF XI, KOF2002 and some Samurai Showdown game, I think

-Banchiao (South of Taipei ~40 minutes train ride, supposed to be pretty big, with good comp.)

Khao Hsiung should have more arcades than Taipei, hence more comp? meh. I think they don’t have as much restrictions.

I hear Taiwanese 3s and GGXX/ players are decent, but I don’t know where to find them.

Good luck hunting

(Oh, yea. Anyone know where the GM City Mall peeps moved to?)

Haha wow yeah I remember Dino World, Drummania V was 20 NT. 5th or 6th floor or something…

Hey Mogri were you born there or are you an ABC? How long are you staying there for?

ABC from teh Bay Area. Spending a few months here till fall '06, gonna be a long time without any comp :sad: but at least the T5: DR scene is alive and kickin. It seems to be growing too… hella ppl waiting to play nowadays. I haven’t checked out that really big arcade (Zhong Li) with GGxxSlash, though it’s supposed to have pretty good competition.

best place to play 3rd strike, GM moved from Taipei city mall to a place really nearby.
Directions:
There are 2 McDonald’s near Taipei Main Station. One is across the street from Shinkong Mitsukoshi and is right next to Nova (if I remember correctly). The other has like… nothing nearby, besides GM and some random small stores.
Walk towards the 2nd McDees from Taipei main station. You should be on Yong-De Road. A little before you get to McDees, turn right on Hua-(Something) Street and you should see GM.

Taipei 3s players have migrated to Ximen Ding’s “Dino World” Arcade.

I will be going back to Taipei in September (tentative), planning to stay a long time…should I bring my custom stick or rely on the arcades? I play CvS2 primarily. Anyone gonna be there? :sweat:

there are prolly only 3 ppl in taipei who still plays cvs2
they play on console cuz there are hardly any cvs2 machines around

Too bad dino world doesnt have 3s casuals out the whole time, the only time casuals can be played there are during days of the ranbat. Tekken (I got scrubbed by some 40 year old dude) and KOF = </3, no 3s = :’(. At least Ximen Ding is a chill place.

just for future reference, anyone know the location of zhong li and how to get there… say from the airport.

Yea suck balls.

There is a biweekly ranbat beginning this sunday at dino though

ahh dangit…this does not bode well…a year without cvs2??? :sad: I guess 3s seems to be big there but I just can’t seem to have fun with the game. Maybe I’ll try to resurrect the CvS2 scene once I arrive…

Still, I like 3s over any KOF game so I guess if worse comes to worse I’ll practice up a bit. I still wonder why KOF is so popular in asian countries…

yeah 8(… if you want casuals, post up on http://bbs.gamer.com.tw/board.php?brd=CAPCOM-FIGHT
cuz they have casuals at least every weekend, at least. They used to go to GM near Taipei main station but now they go to a place called Adventure Club (lol). If your Chinese sux, that’s okay. Larry on that ^ bbs and Xaero on SRK have near perfect English and are native Taipei-ers : D. Oh and that 40 year old dude… plays a shitload of Tekken :smiley: so don’t feel too bad.

yeah Zhong Li… uh… You should be able to take a bus from the airport to Zhong Li (bunch of bus companies right next to the main exit terminal when you come out) but I dunno, since I’ve never been so eager to play that I got off the plane and went straight to the arcade. XD Getting to Zhong Li is the easy part, finding the competition is harder… since the bastards keep moving all the machines around >.>.
???

??? - ???41???24???

??? - ???51???24???

is where you go to play GG slash… somewhere around there. not fuckin suure XD.

and if you want Tekken comp., then…

1. go to Zhong Li train station
  2. go out the back/rear exit
  3. cross the street to the Family Mart (on the corner)
  4. walk 10 more steps and you see a bunch of pps smoking and playing tekken :smiley:

yeah, too bad those bitches took out all the machines for maintenance >.<

Dude my friend and I have gone there the 3 times it was cancelled thinking they update the ranbat news at their blog instead of the fucking capcom-fight forums. And school is starting for us soon so we probably won’t be able to attend as frequently as we would like to.

By the way, have you participated in the previous ranbats?

Dude my friend and I have gone there the 3 times it was cancelled thinking they update the ranbat news at their blog instead of the fucking capcom-fight forums. And school is starting for us soon so we probably won’t be able to attend as frequently as we would like to.

By the way, have you participated in the previous ranbats?

There use to be 3s machines at dino world? @_@

Participated in 2 ranbats and sucked ass…

yeah more or less. as in… Only when they have ranbats >: O!

Were you Chris, the Elena player?

wait wait, so you guys play at the new GM now? or only at Dino’s during ranbats?

I went back to the old GM place once after a long break and it disappeared, so I gave up on playing 3s :sad:

and we have US players now? i miss speaking english! tell me when you guys play!

Me and my friend are just some TAS students… And we haven’t touched 3s outside of the house. Really looking forward to getting in a Ranbat.

And I don’t think GM hosts the ranbats anymore, while Dino does but is under repairs for now as far as I’m concerned.

ah that’s cool…
i’d still kill for any kind of 3s (or mvc2 :wgrin: ) action
do you guys have arcade sticks?