[Apr 28, 2012] Civil War 4! A Road to EVO Event! (Richmond, VA)

why do u guys make it so hard to pre-reg i still didnt get a email to finish everything off or to be charged whts going on? Are u trying to make me pay tht 40? Lol

Nah, man. The pre-reg is a semi manual process, and I was away all weekend at a wedding. You should have the paypal invoice by now. I usually ask for 24 hours, but was a little longer this time.

Email me if you have any issues,

RVAtournaments@gmail.com

Delaware will be down there for both Marvel teams and singles.

Tekken 6 on 360 isnt superior. you got your info wrong. its been proven it drops frames (much like SF4 on PS3 did). i respect your decisiin to run the game on whatever system you have, but please dont try to justify it with a fallacy :slight_smile:

with that said, i think NC is coming for that KoF

I can now stay for the whole weekend, HYPE.

I like the way this guy thinks!

Awesome! Get those Pre-Regs in!
Teams will be on Friday night, I’ll post up team tourney rules very shortly.

Http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar

It doesn’t really matter which version T6 is actually superior, the way the Tekken community seethes at the mention of Xbox.

Bottom line though: this tournament would not be possible on PS3’s.

I’m excited about KOF though, looking to see who comes out on top.

[LEFT]**[SIZE=18px][http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/21333827512/civil-war-4-friday-night-team-tournaments

CIVIL WAR 4 FRIDAY NIGHT TEAM TOURNAMENTS!](‘http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/21333827512/civil-war-4-friday-night-team-tournaments’)**[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT]****

****[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Friday: 6pm doors open at Venue 7pm tournaments start.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Team tournaments:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]KOFXIII “Hot Potato” 3v3 tournament_ 3 people, 3 characters, 1 team, 1 stick. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]5$ per person, double elimination. 2 of 3 matches. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Street Fighter AE “character auction” 3v3 team tournament[/LEFT]
[LEFT]- Each character will be auctioned off once, then allowing you to form teams. Obviously, max of 13 teams. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Double Elimination, pokemon style, 1 match per character. Always 1 set.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]UMVC3 3v3 team tournament[/LEFT]
[LEFT]-5$ per entry. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]-Single Elimination. 1 game per player.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Street Fighter X Tekken Pair Play Tag Battle[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2v2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]5$ per player. Double elimination. 2 of 3 games.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]200$ pot bonus! [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Mortal Kombat 9: Tag Battle[/LEFT]
[LEFT]2v2. Double Elimination.[/LEFT]
[LEFT]5$ per player. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Additional Events can be added as necessary![/LEFT]
[LEFT]Arcade Games! (available 24/7, tournaments possible on ad-hoc basis)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]A sit down Naomi Universal cab with a Naomi GD-ROM w/ CvS2, MvC2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Astro City w/ MVS: Garou, Real Bout 2, SS2, SS5sp, Last Blade, as well as multi carts[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Impress w/ CPS2: A2, A3, MvC, VS, VS2, ST(jp)[/LEFT]
[LEFT]MK4 dedicated cab running UMK3[/LEFT]
[LEFT]American woody upright w/ viewlix layout w/ CvS2/ MvC2[/LEFT]
[LEFT]American woody upright w/ viewlix layout w/ 3rd Strike or CPS2 games[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Big Red Neo Geo 4 w/ MVS Games[/LEFT]
[LEFT]American woody dedicated SF2:WW cab with Super Turbo running [/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=18px]http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/21332908536/civil-war-4-registration-timeline[/LEFT][/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=18px]CIVIL WAR 4 REGISTRATION TIMELINE[/LEFT][/SIZE]

[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]****

****[/LEFT]
[LEFT]****Civil War 4 Registration Timeline ***[/LEFT]
[LEFT]********[/LEFT]
[LEFT]********Tuesday, April 24th, 11:59pm Cut off for 30$ preregister venue fee ********[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Non paid invoices will be edited and resent at the 40$ venue fee. [/LEFT]
[LEFT]

Thursday, April 26, 5 p.m.: Cut off for online registration
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][LIST]
[
]No more new pre-registrations
[/LIST]

Thursday, April 26, 7 p.m.: Cut off for completing Paypal payments********
[LIST]
[]Any pending Paypal bills will be cancelled at 7 p.m.
[
]If not paid by this time, registration is cancelled and player will need to register on-site. If you do not pre-pay you are not “pre-registered.”
[*]On-Site registrations will not be seeded and may have to play in conflicting tournaments.
[/LIST]

Friday, April 27, 6 p.m. to Saturday, April 28, 12 p.m.: Badge pick-up and on-site registration********
[LIST]
[]Pre-registered players may pick-up badges and pool assignments
[
]Players registering on-site may do so and will be added to pools as space permits
[]Players who have paid the venue fee may continue to add games as needed until 2 hours before game pools are scheduled to be begin
[/LIST][/LEFT]
[LEFT]
Registration for any given game ends two hours before first pool is scheduled.**** [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]This includes games with 11am start times on Saturday![/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]These games will likely be: Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, Tekken 6, Blazblue, and Smash Melee Singles. [/LEFT]

Ugh…Sorry, hate to be a troll, but can you please make UMvC3 teams double elim? I almost guarantee it would still run faster than KOF or SF x T double elim.

I’ll consider it, but we need to do something to make it shorter since:

-it’s open to everyone (no hard cap on teams like in AE)

-only one person can play per match (unlike 4 in SFxT or 6 in KOF)

Maybe double elim top 8 or something?

Ideas…

How about this: Two people play, then the next two people play, then (if needed) the next two people play. That way, the most games you can have in a set is 3 (as opposed to 5). Some rounds might only have 2 fights in them.

I was just going to suggest have the finalists run it in a hotel room if they run out of time. They did that at one of the recent majors. Seemed to work okay (one of the major streams covered it).

Keep finals at 1 round. 2 out of 3 in teams takes forever. Especially if there’s a reset.

Just trying to think like a Marvel player…No one who plays this game wants to see single elim.

how do you pay if you don’t have paypal.

Dually noted.

Won’t do 2 of 3 in any finals for sure. That’s awful.

I may just start marvel teams last, Marvel’s the last game on Saturday anyway… It’s under serious consideration.

Paypal invoices can take standard Credit Cards without Paypal accounts.

If you don’t have a CC, you can buy a VISA prepaid gift card at a 7-11.

If not that, you can register onsite with Cash.

I wish i could of planned for this tournament

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2wqhcqM7e1r06g8po1_500.jpg

48 hours left for the special 30$ pre-register price for Civil War 4. Save yourself 10$
http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar
Join players: [FC] NYChrisG, Dieminion, UVG Noel Brown, MH|AlukardNY, DMG MCZ Lud, MH|Rayray, CoCo OmG iTz Andre, JiBbo, HAV, Ultradavid, Skisonic, DJ Huoshen, RyRy and many more as they all battle for EVO points and the right to raise up one of our Civil War champion swords!
The action starts on Friday night with hype team tournaments! Catch up on after hours exhibition matches in the 24hr Salty Suite! Come play on one of the 8 arcade cabinets set on free play the entire weekend! Enjoy the multitude of food options with over 50 food establishments within 3 miles, along with with plenty of delivery options.
If you can’t make it, catch all the action streamed by Team Sp00ky.

It’ll be double elim, but be prepare to stay up late.

On behalf of just about every Marvel player coming, thank you.

C ya’ll there. Probably just gonna enter Skullgirls.

On the way to VA from Boston, Right Now, to Kick some ass at Civil War 4! 6 of us took advantage of the package, deals that we put together, but we still have room in the hotel for a couple more people. If you are going to Civil war and you need a hotel room share at the venue please let me know ASAP! I will be canceling the room that is not full by 3-4pm today if no one bites I don’t want to be struck paying for it. AGAIN IF YOU NEED A ROOM (and possibly food) PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP!