Anyone play Fighter's Destiny for the N64?

So has anyone played Fighter’s Destiny for the N64? I actually found this game surprisingly fun.

The goal is to get 10 points before your opponent. You get 1 point for a ring out, 2 for a throw, 3 for a knockdown or counter.

It has a different twist where instead of dying when you lose all your health you go into a dizzied state where you can move around but can be special downed for a massive 4 points.

Was also fun because it is one of the few games where a cow can take on a clown.

I did. I never could beat that fucking Joker.

Yeah I liked this game, but hated having to unlock moves. But I only played it like once. I liked the uh…karate(?) style point system.

I love this game, it was really original with his system… but the MEGA HYPER GENERIC characters (really, you CANT name the ninja and clown… “Ninja” and “Clown”, they just need someone also called “Pirate” or “Zombie”), somewhat poor stages and, specially, that motherfucking commentator kill all the charisma.

Still FD1 and 2 were the best fighting games on N64… and i know thats not too much to say, but still.

Yeah, I used to love playing FD1. It was so much fun. One thing I wish someone would bring back in another fighter and maybe add to, was the point system FD had for all the different ways to win round. You all know you loved Pierre and his French style Clown-Fu.

I still own my copy, but the sound doesn’t work on it anymore I think. It was pretty original and fun, I just really hated the main character’s design. They made it so painfully obvious that they were knocking off Ryu’s look.

Fighters Destiny 1 was so gdlk back in the day. I believe I still have my game. It was pretty solid too. Ninja ftw!

YEAH!! NOTHING TO LOOOOOSE!! WOW!!
KNOCKDOWN!! THREE POINTS WOOOOOOOOON!!

Still, one of the best fighters on the N64.

And one of the most obscure fighting games too.

I loved rodeo. Tryin to beat that goddamn cow in less than 60 secs. Holy shit.

I LOVED Fighter Destiny 2. That game was SO much fun and it was because it wasn’t like other fighting games that is was so. I loved the board game type of play you went thru to build up your character. It was also cool that you could do the rodeo thing with the cow as well. Fabien was my favorite, I could OWN with him.

My brother and I used to play each other with our built up characters and bet moves against each other, and that definitely gave a little more weight to our 2P matches.

Hah. These are two games I’d totally pick up if they were released on Virtual Console. I remember playing against my brother and loving that game. Of course, it was back in the day when he kicked my ass in every fighter ever. Six years older than me = a lot better at grasping game concepts at our ages. =/

Fuck, thinking of this game made me remember War Gods and Dark Rift. Holy crap were those two awful, but they were fighting games, which meant my bro and I played 'em. Oh, the happy days.

Sam Sho 64 was totally good times, but it was on a different 64:

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pcbs/hyper_neo_64/Hyper_Neo_Geo_64_Mother_Board_1345.html

“AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING ART!”

All I have to say…people who played this game know what I’m talking about.

I just remember a hot air balloon stage?

I loved the series and actually own both though I’ve played the second one a whole lot more. The announcer was generic but it was a step towards more dynamic announcers in other games. I’d LOVE to see a sequel. They do need to make touch ups with some of the characters. D-Dog makes Africa cry. :sad: What’s worse is that D-Dog is my best character–though there is some appeal to having a chain throw worth 4 points.

I liked the Hong Kong Stage.

This thread is gdllk.:coffee:

[media=youtube]BaprdihCrU0&feature=related[/media]

Bob’s theme is the realest.

Ninja has much strong and doesn’t afraid of anything: [media=youtube]GS0F5JcMNME[/media]

dude hell yeah this game was awesome i used to be a beast i was soooo good if you threw you better know how to counter cause i was just gonna counter and throw you back. my brother would get pissed lol:lol:

indeed the joker was hard to beat. :wasted:

I liked the throw system and how if you hit a button in time you could block or reverse the throws. The game had a lot of features like that that I wish Namco would use in Tekken or SC.