Any Magneto pad users?

Do you prefer the dpad or analog? I preferably use analog from the start, but what would you say would be much easier to execute combos? I can do flight combos and hyper grav loops, but when it comes to practicing the “ROM,” dpad seems a tad easier to sj compared to the analog.

I’m an xbox pad player, i can do everything but the full Rom(only like 2-3 loops before i mess up) and i use analog its a lot more comfortable for me.

I’m not one, but there’s plenty out there. I actually used to use a pad when I played BlazBlue, but a stick for all other fighters.

I can only do two reps of ROM in vanilla with the D-Pad and I never got accustomed to using the analog stick aside from TK motions.

I’m a Pad-Neto user. I’ve been using a WWE All-stars fightpad… yeah I know but it works damn good.
Sadly I can’t, for the life of me, do any version of the ROM but I can do some basic fly loops.

I can do his full ROM loop in MVC3 as well as his hypergrav loop along with all that other basic stuff.

so far I guess the “hardest” stuff I can do are his rom in this game, even though it’s ass, and his new hypergrav corner loop (juggle H xx light hypergrav, SJ adf MH, land, H xx Hypergrav etc)

How is a person’s buttons suppose to be set if they want to play a good magneto on pad? I really want to play magneto but me being terrible at the game and not being able to do some of magneto’s better combos makes me lose hope lol. Btw i use a madcatz fightpad.

I dunno how the fightpad is like, but I use a PS3 Dualshock. My buttons are pretty standardly configured

Square = L
Triangle = M
Circle = H
X = S
R1 = Assist 2
R2 = L+M
L1 = Assist 1
L2 = M+H

Also, I have an Assist 1 button configured to R3.

If I want to play a charge character (Zero, Viper, Vergil), I change L2 = L

Thank you, is it possible to do the fly combos with the l+M+H macro since heavy comes out or does it have to be L+M then H.

You can’t do the fly combo at all like that because of the delayed inputs of H after you input it the first time. You can use L+M or you can just mash forward on your d-pad and H.

Yall padneto mother fuckers are weird lol

Hi guys new padneto player here, learning the whole entire cast this Christmas break lol.

Anyway, what combos should I start to learn first and what basics do I need to get started with Magneto. I already got through all his missions if that helps.

Sup man and welcome to the Magnus threads!

Since you’re starting out I’ll link you to some basic things as well as a few advanced once you get your stuff together (team-wise at least. we have other topics like my own Ultimate Magnus Thread and there’s also Aerial Screw’s Mix up thread once you get the hang of playing magneto)
From our very own Kanta-Kun:
[media=youtube]hnle9GJHpHE[/media]

drispi91:
[media=youtube]C9LqiU2btL0[/media]
(If you need help with the combo notations, they should be around here somewhere…)

**Anima922 **

[details=Spoiler]

[/details]

Some basic corner combos:
[media=youtube]6JZt1Uo7TXs[/media]
(Note: Since you’re new, instead of doing Attraction just replace it with a hyper grav into magnetic tempest. When mashed it usually does around 820k)

Also here’s some links to notable Magneto users on the boards:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GarudaPSN (Kanta-Kun)
http://www.youtube.com/user/surprisecockbags (Aerial Screw, might not have much, but has some nice advanced technology once you get the hang out your basic magneto combos)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Anima922 (I forget what his name is on SRK lol)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AskFanatiq (Fanatiq, a well known marvel versus player who utilizes the team known as MSS, or Magneto Storm Sentinel)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlwaysGodlike (Featuring MarlinPie, another great Magneto user)

And here’s a link to my thread, the Ultimate Magnus Thread(still a work in progress) which should have everything you need to know about Magneto as far as basic knowledge of combos and the like.

Alright now that I’ve given you that I wanna see you hit the lab and come out bending metal.

Welcome To Die!

how do you x factor when you have that button setup
what exactly are the benefits of having L+M and M+H

I just press the all four buttons with my thumb. L+M is necessary for most corner loops and basically any ADDF jH combo because of input lag and M+H lets my jL’s come out faster.

Holy shit!

I’m only 2 days in with Magneto and I feel like I’ve been playing him for years, this guy is f’n FUN! The freedom of doing variations of combos is something I’ve yet to experience from characters other than Dante and Zero. Whoever says this guy can’t be played on a pad is full of it, Mags feels so natural on pad it’s astonishing.

Don’t let the Swag combos and loops scare you from picking him up, that was my mistake. Who know’s where I’d be right now if I’d been playing him since day 1.

Thanks man, best Orientation I’ve ever gotten.

Question though, how important do you think the hyper grav loop is ti Magneto’s game? Is it worth learning?

I’m having a lot of trouble doing it on pad, any tips would much be appreciated.

If you play pad claw style instead of with your thumb there really isn’t much of a disadvantage over stick imo. I’m a pad player but could never be fast enough with just one digit to play with.

In my honest opinion, once you’ve gotten ALL of your basics down then yes the hyper grav loop is well worth learning because once you get those down you can start getting deeper into magneto’s mind games with his massive amounts of resets available to him and you could be doing shit like this:

j.:s: cr:s: (or if there is too big of a gap precede that launch with a crouching roundhouse/cr.:h:) j.:h: adf j.:h: 896:l: {land} j.:h: adf j.:m: j.:h: {land} j.:h: adf j.:m: j.:h: land j.:h: adf j.:m: j.:h: land :h: 214:l: sju add/f j.:h: s.:h: 214:l: s.:l: (in the case of no air recovery, superjump IADFD(instant air dash down forward then :h:) uf j:h:|:a1: (OS heavy xx 896:l:combo…) land [dash up depending on space available] :s: j.:h: adf j.:h: 896:l: land j.:m: j.:h: 896:l: land j.:m: j.:h: 896:l: land s.:h: 214:l: [sjuf addf j.:h: s.:h: 214:l:]x2 [****:s: j.:m: j.:m: j.:h: j.:s: xx :m::l:~:l: 241:l: xx :qcf:+:atk::atk:]

Hyper Grav loop isn’t nearly as crucial as it was in vanilla but it’s still very nice for some extra damage/meter at the end of combos now.

I play on Xbox and ps3 pad but I do it like I’m playing on a stick. I sit the pad on my lap and hold it like normal with my left hand but I have my right hand on top with my first 2 fingers by the 2 punch buttons. That way I play on ps3 Xbox and stick with the same setup. My punches and kicks are default but my assist 1 and 2 is l1 and l2. I have r1 and r2 set to none because sometimes I accidentally press them. I’ve been doing this since mvc2 and I’ve always played magneto teams.