Another Patch? Where's my mask?! El Fuerte Changes suggestion discussion

Sure thing I will explain further.

Quesadilla Bomb is ass right now. You give up a button for a move that is unsafe and gives no advantage after landing it since the opponent can quick get up.

Furthermore Quesadilla Bomb Level 1 is unsafe on HIT.

By changing it to a QCF input we can have:

LK: Does not knockdown. Your option to combo into Super.
MK: Soft Knockdown. Faster recovery on hit. (similar to level 3 right now, your Positioning Option)
HK: Hard Knockdown. Normal recovery (Your Damage Option)
EX: Wall Bounce on hit. Faster recovery on hit. Startup invincibility.

This eliminates the stupid level 1 all together. Having it be an easier input without sacrificing a button is a fair trade off for a move that is unsafe on block which has no invincibility like Cody or Balrog.

You wanna buff Bomb? Have it be combo-able off of more than ONE button. Have it combo from cr.forward. Allows for a hit confirm into something(jab, cr.short, cr.forward xx Bomb). It’s a knockdown if you have a level 2 or more charged and if you have stocks it could lead to a decent hit confirm combo of jab, cr.short, cr.forward xx Bomb(level 1), FADC, cr.jab, cr.short, cr.forward xx run (insert mix-up).

This can be remedied simply by decreasing the start up of the move. It would definitely give us an option for getting people to the wall quickly.

This would probably solve the age old question Skisonic threw our way with asking when is it worth it to use Q-Bomb

ground bounce fajita buster. comboable Ultra 1 lol. still funny

qbomb is good beats out alot of things and a good rsf ender

It beats Dive Kicks at the right distance yeah. But it’s slow startup makes it where you may as well just EX Run through whatever it is or EX guac, or Run back tortilla etc.

It all comes back to what the old argument to it was… Why do Qbomb when there is better options.

Why do Qbomb ender on RSF when you can do run slide for an actual hard knockdown and follow up or bait something to stun.

The move simply put needs to be made more significant. It’s too much risk for no reward

• Q-Bomb must be safe on block.

• EX Guac must be safe again.

• We need combos: make c.LP link to c.MK, and make c.MK link to GorditaSobat.

• f.HP needs faster startup (this move is useless, better normals)

• Fix PropellerTortilla hitbox (e.g. Akuma c.MK evades this move)

• Fix TostadaPress hitbox (sometimes seems to be reduced with crouching characters)

• Fix Guacamole trade

• Fix CalamariSlide on wakeup (still)

Elf goes up tomorrow right?

Next week

CORRECTION. El Fuerte goes up Tommorow the 12th.

A Japanese player named 705 tweeted that he wants jump fierce to force stand.

Japanese buddy on twitter also likes the idea of q bomb combing from crmk

Japanese bud states many fuerte players want stronger normals. He mentioned faster dash derivation as well.

Soooooooo about this whole “lets make fuerte better” thing…i say leave him the way he is and give me back my damn 500 damage ultra 2 back :’(

I still think he’s solid as is. I’m just fearful CAPCOM will fuck him over again like they did in AE. :confused:

I’ll be completely honest: I am expecting the exact thing that happened in Snap Da Condom On edition. A shitload of retarded nerfs, with a token buff. =\

Oh well. At least we have

Personally for Fuerte i think he needs his either his vanilla hitbox on tortilla or have it do 150 dmg again. on his ultra 2 make it a 3 frame ultra again, forget the damage nerf i rather have more utility and be able to punish most of rogs dash punches on block than an extra 50 dmg. also as is you can trigger an armor cancel with a normal and then cancel the normal into an srk to make a fuerte waste his ultra. make ex guac and light guac have the same recovery it did back in super. light guac was great to spam over projectiles and make fuerte slippery which matches his overall play style , in 2012 alot of times you can light guac over one fireball and then you are forced to block the 2nd one due to recovery which locks down fuerte. Ex guac should get its old recovery back because fuerte has very little wake up options which is fine but i feel having the ability to do a reverse 50/50 escape at the cost of meter (ex guac/ ex run) is a fair option for fuerte and will help him with some bad matchups. People complained about the old ex guac being hard to punish but the move is very easy to bait out and punish what those players where complaining about was their inability to option select it. having every escape option for a character get taken care of by an option select promotes a lack of analyzing your opponent and shouldnt really be promoted in a figher (imo). EX Qbomb should wall bounce on NH, this will make ex Qbomb an option to stop players jumping away at mid screen since that is a common and viable reaction to habanero dash. This change would help fuerte damagewise in some match ups without being overpowered since the move is -17 on block and every character can punish qbomb quite well. also in order to take this high damage gamble the fuerte player is sacrificing not only meter but two buttons thus limiting his options while he charges the ex q bomb which makes him heavily vulnerable. well that is my change list, i tried to validate all my changes so that capcom will take it serious. id appreciate any feedback before i submit it

Hi guys, I searched capcom unity threads and tried to compile a buff list for most characters, based on the sugestions posted there.
The idea is - stronger characters will receive less buffs, weaker ones more, and top tiers mostly nothing.
I will post the entire buff list on capcom unity tomorrow.

This is Fuerte’s list:

El Fuerte

• Tostada Press: Improve hitbox. There are times when you will see El Fuerte touch the opponent and nothing happens.
  • cr HP: make it run cancelable
  • Quesadilla Bomb: decrease start up so it can be combed from cr Mk;
  • Level 1: +7 hitstun (-6)
  • Ex: decrease recovery on hit
  • Guacamole Leg Throw: fix the trade issue, by either making it a 2 hit move, or by modifying Fuerte’s grabbing box and reduce his hurt box.
  • cl HP: +25 stun (175)
  • Gordita Sobat: increased active frames
  • Ultra 2: Revert startup to 1+3 frames (from Super). Reduce damage to 400
  • Fajita Buster: Make it into an empty grab that does no damage but leaves the opponent in enough hitstun to combo into RSF, similar to the Yun/Fei command grab.
  • far HP: reduce the start up by 2 frames (15)
  • Ultra 1: +30 dmg (500)

Explanations:

[details=Spoiler]

• Tostada Press: I’ve had people beat me in tourney because splash whiffs right on their shoulder on critical down to the wire moments while they were crouching, then they got a free punish. It’s already punishable and focus beats the option and its rewarding if they block/counter correctly, on Paper, its technically riskier for us to do it because it can lead to death.
  • cr HP: this would give us more mix up options off an anti air plus it forces stand soo we could mix it up and land rsf more often.
  • Quesadilla Bomb: There are ways this move can be improved. But I want to go into why this move is bad and needs more help.
    For starters. We can compare this move to Balrog’s Turn Around Punch (TAP) and Cody’s Zonk Knuckle, you must give up a button(s) to charge the move.
    The main difference here is that Balrog’s and Cody’s have invincibility. Fuerte’s does not.
    now we go deeper into this move’s problems:
    Level 1 Q-bomb, the only one that does not knock down, is punishable on hit.
    El Fuerte can only combo this move under the following circumstances:
    close Fierce XX Q-Bomb.
    This is bad. if you landed a Close Fierce you should be going for close fierce.
    on counter hit combos after close MP, Far Mp far MK crouch MK. But what else combos after these counter hits?
    you cancel to run and do Calamari Slide for a hard knockdown.
    or, in the case of Close MP, and crouch MK, you cancel these normals to Run and you combo into close Fierce. His run stop fierce.
    Translation: everything you can use with Quesadilla bomb has a better use.
    We move on: the other use it has is to simply use it ‘randomly’ and by itself as a surprise move or to counter a few specific moves, in the right positions it beats divekicks, hurricane kicks and even trades with Sakura’s upwards Ultra 2, beats Abel’s ultra 2, and smashes counter ultras since it’s an armor breaker. BUt a random move is a bad move.
    How to fix:
    Decrease the startup enough to allow it to combo from crouch Medium kick.
    Reason: Fuerte’s only damage option right now is Run Stop Fierce. allowing to combo from crMK means we now have a new combo with actual damage being crLP, crLK, crMK xx Qbomb
    Decrease recovery on hit for EX Qbomb.
    Reason: it is very difficult to follow up EX Quesadilla Bomb’s counter hit wall bounce.
  • Guacamole Leg Throw: There are times when this move trades with normals or specials. While I understand that things trade, the trade is unfair. if Sakura does a jump roundhouse and Fuerte correctly reads and Guacamole, the move can trade. when the trade happens Fuerte is hit out of Guacamole and takes damage, falling out of the air like a normal Anti Air situation. Sakura would teleport to the ground in a Hard Knockdown state but takes ZERO Damage. By the time Fuerte has landed Sakura has already stood up and is likely in a position of advantage.
    Solution A: make Guacamole 2 hits. Because trades will still happen, have the Guacamole deal half of it’s damage when Fuerte ‘catches’ them, and the other half when he slams them onto the floor.
    Solution B: Modify Fuerte’s grabbing box and reduce his hurt box. If he catches you, you are beaten cleanly.
  • cl HP: close HP. back in Vanilla the move did 90 Damage and 200 Stun
    so on a naked 6 Hit Run Stop Fierce would look like this:
    Damage: 90/180/262/315/369/414
    Stun: 200/400/560/700/820/920
    Scaling% 100/100/ 80/ 70/ 60/ 50
    Finishing this with a Calamari Slide would be a Stun on 950 stun characters and 454 damage.
    Currently the damage is the same, the stun was changed. Where the same RSF would yield
    150/300/420/525/615/690
    We’ll get 770 stun if we mop up with a Calamari Slide.
    I’d say we bump the stun to 175. You’ll still need 2 reads, and execution, but it’s better than the low reward high risk he has now.
    Stun 175/350/490/613/718/806
    Scaling% 100/100/080/070/060/050
  • Gordita Sobat: This move sucks. It’s supposed to beat back dashes yet is not active enough to do so consistently, and still loses to typical wake up options. And if you land it on a standing opponent what do you get? You either burn all your meter for Super, or you get to link ONE measly jab, and this ONLY works if you land the move deep on a grounded opponent.
  • Ultra 2: Make it that dangerous Punisher that it’s supposed to be but lower the damage so it won’t be absurd like it was in Super
  • Fajita Buster: This is a move that is very rarely seen, it is a grab that only hits standing opponents and only does 150 dmg - high risk, low reward. I have seen many fellow amigos request more damage from this move or for it to hit crouching opponents and that would also be great but I have an awesome idea for it. Make it into an empty grab that does no damage but leaves the opponent in enough hitstun to combo into RSF, similar to the Yun/Fei command grab. Fuerte currently has zero ways of reliably setting up an RSF outside of a punish or a focus attack and while I would hardly call a telegraphed command grab that only hits high ‘reliable’ it would certainly be a great improvement and an awesome reward for a hard read on the opponent. Also keep in mind the follow-up RSF could be scaled by the initial command grab – this is my most desired buff for Fuerte.
  • far HP: this move is NOT special cancelable, and is excessively slow
  • Ultra 1: A non-comboable grab. a big damage reward for a good read. [/details]

Would you agree with this ? anything broken/ too strong ?

Broken.

Holy shit, you want one Fajita Buster to score you a free RSF?

If that ever happened, I would quit this game on principle.

Forget wall bounce,thats a waste of meter.save it for armor,super or EX legs.

-EX Q Bomb needs to have an invinsible start up,like Ex Zonk…if I have to hold down 2 kick buttons while tryin to RSF it needs to count for somethin; its another wakeup option…

-They could improve his focus atk.

Everything else is fine as is…