Amaterasu GLAIVE ground/air runaround & mobility study

Ok. So I been looking for ways to make Amaterasu more mobile. Lots and lots of interesting shit here, and further proves my point that Glaive is indeed her best stance. Heres what I got so far:

• sidenote: So if you do a divekick and it’s ends up missing and goes past them cancelling into :qcf::s: auto corrects stopping them from punishing the whiff, furthermore it can cancel into okami shuffle. Fucking awesome. .in a nutshell, you should ALWAYS be canceling her divekick into glaive chop*

Theres probably more. I’m trying to put things together.

I’d just like to add, I’ve been working this little strategy where I have been mixing up :m: xx (charge):qcf::l: with a beam assist to get in and the airborne variation to play with their heads a little.

Ammy is starting to look fancy.

good shit I’ve been at a loss as to how glaive works and I never use it

But how does Glaive make up for the loss of the space control options that Beads gives you?

I will use the glaive when I can pull off a combo with it :(. I can never connect anything to the qcf l.

It’s cool that you can move around, but show me some uses for it. Like use it in a match or something with sent drones and doom missiles all over the screen.

I always thought an easy combo to get into qcf l is l(however many times you want), m, cr. h, qcf l.
But im still awful with glaive stance, so what do I know :stuck_out_tongue:

lol. Day 4 much? I’m working on it. Online is kinda crap for me.

Rosary cant space control as well as you think without assist. You cant cancel into specials and they are negative frames on hit.

I find reflector the best. Glaive is too slow and rosary is too weak imo. And reflectors…reflector helps a LOT in this game. So many projectiles…

Thanks for this, some good info here. I haven’t been able to pull off stance switches mid combo, and usually just really on the mirror during my online fights. I’ll try to work some of this into my gameplay.

Glaive :h: is i around 15 frames startup, so you gotta be smart about it.

I’ve been trying the Glaive too, and it seems kind of bad so far. I couldn’t figure out how to do that combo with it that was shown in her premiere trailer. I’m still fighting with the controls trying to get the best scheme so I was pushing it trying to perform that.

what is it about glaive that you guys dislike? in glaive ammy has the same options as reflector but loses: jump cancelable H, reflecting projectiles, easiest hitconfirm in the game.

but in glaive ammy has: still an easy ass hitconfirm, really good if not better air H, harder hitting air combo and otg ability, much harder hitting hitting combos in general, divekick which increases her mobility options over reflector.

with only the loss of jump cancelable H, she has the exact same rushdown in glaive that she has in reflector.

-dime

Ok I’m gonna record a shitty video on my cam in a second to show you what im talking about.

This essentially gives Amaterasu a triple jump and airdash that she can divekick out of.

I’ve started working in j.:h: for the people who try to chase her around. Its so hard to catch her.

But Rosary also gives you access to Cold Star which is important if your main strategy to to keep your opponent blocking at the other end of the screen.

Its really not that important. Especially if you shoot the wrong angle, you’re a sitting duck.

Rosary doesnt have cancelable normals, air mobility or +frames on :h: attacks.

I’d love to see how you are making Rosary work. Because its the weakest stance.

Fooled around with some of this stuff in training mode, and like the results.

Makes the Ammy much more mobile, thanks for the ideas.

Dunno if it’s because the comp here is weaker or anything, but I’ve only lost once with Rosary. Of course, with it, I’m calling on Sent practically every time I can. Basically I just use it to keep my opponent at the max distance that Rosary will hit. Also, the angles of Cold Star and Drones tends to keep people I beat holding down back which is a good thing in my book.

Well Ammy Sent is STRONG lol.

My main team right now is Ammy/Storm/Trish and I had a bigger problem keeping them out in rosary. It’s lacking.

Might be conditioning or plain mind games. Once you get them to fear letting go of block, then you basically have them in the palm of your hand.