Alpha Anthology *Capcom for the motherfucking WIN*

Ok so I guess there is suppose to be a mode called HYPER Alpha. This is just like AE where as you can play any alpha character from all versions vs each other. Sounds cool I guess. With that feature i can see alpha coming back to EVO. Since they adopted AE and all.

J-Cole

:sad: Thanks for the info Cole, I guess Capcom is just as lazy as ever it seems.

Such terrible news. And I had hopes for this one.:sad:

what do u mean by the same glitches are back?

So are you saying they’re actually ports from PS1 versions?

Cause if you say they have glitches, I thought the arcade version had glitches. =D

yes let me make it more clear. Alpha Anthology is a direct port of the ps1 version of Alpha =P Geyness. So glitches like no collision on Dhalsim standing Roundhouse on normal sized Characters etc. Such a let down.

Supposedly Capcom Classics vol. 2 is coming out and it has ST as one of the games. Since they failed with alpha, I actually have no hope for this version. sigh…fuck you Capcom.

J-Cole

If this isn’t arcade perfect, this is the final nail in the coffin…Damn, I mean they could’ve at least got this right. I hope that there is clarification of whether or not these are ps1 glitches or intricacies still left in from the Arcade Version.

Ouch. It’s funny how people wanted the arcade version of the game and the PS1 mode selection, and ended up getting neither. That’s what happens when you want the best of both worlds from a company that doesn’t give a shit.

Not Lazy. They most likely spent most if their time for games like RE and DMC. So it would be better to say they don’t care. But seriously tho. How many people outside of SRK is going to spend their money on this game?

Any word on the SFZero collection that was shown at SBO4? Not that the Japanese version would make a difference, but eh who knows. =x

Like my friend says, “BBR the shit” if capcom really is not concerned with the consumers point of view; they don’t give a shit about this. Dissapointing

perhaps there was there a setting like on the PS2 version of 3S where you could change the settings to those of the arcade boards? (ie; turn on unblockables, etc in 3S)

No way, that would make too much like a good idea.
To be honest, I didn’t expect them to get this right and give people what they wanted. With Capcom, I find it best to keep expectations low. I know when (and if) they let out word on sf4, I won’t get my hope up until I see them shits on the store shelf.

I think the price and its compatibility both are intertwined. To be more accurate, the price matches the game. Since it is only $25 or $29.99. And it is a collection, which contain five games. Capcom might think people are sure to buy it. Five games is the attraction to most of the street fighter players. However, they never realize that consumers, like us, who really have experience or whatever maybe familiar with the games, I can’t say, need more precise or better things from it. For instance, like one of you hopes no glitches. I think that the neglect of capcom is the setback of this alpha collection.

And here I am thinking that SNK screwed up their last blade collection ports sound and music. If these are PS1 ports and not CPS 2 ports, i am passing this collection.

Could you give few more details on why you think this is the PS version because your Dhalsim example is also possible in the arcade. Specifically, could you list which character
you saw this against.

A direct port of the PS1, eh? That sounds very strange because from the trailer that I saw, it showed no visible sign that it was a port of the PS version: V-ism activation animation was like the arcade, collision sparks were like the cps2 game and the extra characters of the home version were nowhere in sight (the character select screen was based on the arcade’s). Has this changed?

Forgive my skepticism, but after eagerly antcipating this game and to see it claimed as the PS 1 version based on a single example, it might be understandable.

So for the sake of clarity and distinction, could you please list any additional differences you noticed between this version and the arcade: crouch cancels, V-ism activation, specific character properties etc.

I also want clarification, because I’m not fucking giving omni $100. lol

Shouldn’t we all pass this collection? They keep making collections instead of new games. And people keep buying the collections. They have to be saying to themselves, “Well, they keep buying them and they don’t cost us much to make, so let’s make more.”

^^
im with booda, I let SNK get away with collections because they actually make new very good fighters, something capcom hasnt done in years.

wow this news if true means they really dont give a fuck, SF gamers have grown up now its a whole new generation out there, thats why SF4 would never happen not the way we want it.

no kid is going to ask their mom to buy these collection discs after they see MGS4 and what not.

I guess thats the end of SF aleast we still got the old classics like ST, ill play that till the end of time.

You know, I’m honestly not suprised.