Alex Combo Thread: THE HYPE(R) BOMB HAS LANDED

j. lk definitely combos into s. mp on non counterhit (I just tried it now) but it needs to be done extremely late.

Note on that sequence; if you’re already in VT you can do it as well, just cut out the second st.hp and change the Power Drop into EX Power Drop. No CA at the end of course, but it is a full combo. Does 795 pre-guts scaling if you end it on st.hk (CC) -> cr.hp xx EX Knee.

So here is the most powerful BnB from this thread (no Counter Hit). All combos performed on a standing and crouching Ryu.

S.HP xx VTC, s.HP xx Sledgehammer, MP Flash Chop xx CA
441 dmg / 465 stun
497 dmg / 555 stun with a jump-in

However, you can get more damage and stun.

S.HP xx VTC, s.HP xx Sledgehammer, s.LP xx LP Flash Chop xx CA
446 dmg / 492 stun
500 dmg / 575 stun with a jump-in

S.HP xx VTC, s.HP xx Sledgehammer, s.LP, s.LP xx LP Flash Chop xx CA
454 dmg / 512 stun
505 dmg / 588 stun with a jump-in

You might be asking “why did you add a 1 jab variant if the 2 jab variant is better?” Well, because these jabs are hard to connect. You have to be on point with them. After Sledgehammer, you have to wait quite a bit before you can land s.LP afterwards. And there isn’t a lot of hitstun from s.LP, so you have to be quick with the cancel into LP Flash Chop. So the 1 jab variant is there to be a little easier but still be more powerful than the MP Flash Chop variant.

This character has some nutty combos. You can get some fun stuff in the corner like:

CC s HK > HK slash > c HP > MK/EX DP
CC s HK > HK slash > c HP xx VT > clothesline > EX DP or CA

Air-to-air Flying Cross Chop (forward jump D+HP, the dive chop) juggles into a lot of stuff.

A2A FCC, LP Flash Chop
153 dmg / 285 stun

A2A FCC, c.HP, LP Flash Chop
182 dmg / 338 stun

A2A FCC, Air Knee Smash
207 dmg / 330 stun
*Any strength, but LK is more consistent in connecting.

A2A FCC, EX Flash Chop
226 dmg / 330 stun

A2A FCC, c.HP, Air Knee Smash
230 dmg / 378 stun
*Corner only!

A2A FCC, EX Air Knee Smash
234 dmg / 330 stun

A2A FCC, c.HP, EX Air Knee Smash
254 dmg / 378 stun

A2A FCC, CA
405 dmg / 150 stun

A2A FCC, c.HP, CA
406 dmg / 218 stun

A2A FCC, LP Flash Chop xx CA
433 dmg / 285 stun

It is like Zangief’s 800+ damage reset combo (St.HP cc, St.HP xx V trigger, St.HK reset super), flashy and might work sometimes as a high risk high reward you need a comeback sort of thing but not going to be practical for every match.

Eh, this seems reasonably legit. If you have VT either stocked or activated any time you land a Clothesline you get a 50/50 of strike/throw with either only options being block, reversal, backdash, or jump.

Made a video. Doubt that there’s anything that is both new and useful, but take a look anyway I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHHrmqTWGqw

Holy mother of god!

Anti air with Alex is tricky, seems like people can just jump over him anytime because all his anti airs moves him forward and hits at an angle. Good for long jump ins but if they jab, jab into a few block strings then jump, your kind of stuck and can’t punish them accordingly. Anyone developing tech to counter random close range jump ins?

Edit: After some lab time, seems like he actually has some unorthodox answers.

instant j.lk not only hits front but behind him.

jb.lp also seems to work, very fast.

st.lp deceptively good anti air on the ground even if they are just above them.

I only tested on Ryu. Will see if other characters with good jump ins and cross ups can be beat.

Hi Thread,

Here is Desk’s Alex video. I came to see if it was posted here. I’ll post it here for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk2ffzWKZ1o

• KaizenMaster

I also made a video. Tried to cover as many combos as possible. Please let me know if I missed anything important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVZqV23MlA

st.HK [CC], st.HP > VT, st.HP > SledgeHammer, mp.FlashChop (combo ends) ex.PowerBomb
this combo into setup deals a lot of damage on works with wonders
if the ex.Powerbomb is getting read (by jump) you can mix it up with st.MP instead
after mp.FlashChop you are +3 on hit advantage and really close to the opponent
st.MP has a 6frame startup so it will come out as a meaty and will hit players trying to jump or backdash and will counter hit if opponent is mashing normals
just be aware that it can be neutralized by 3frame reversal specials

as for non-VT Crush Counter punish your BnB to go is…
Lariat f+HP [CC], st.HP > mp.FlashChop
st.HK [CC], st.HP > mp.FlashChop

afterwards same concept as i mentioned before, Alex on close quarters is just terrifying

corner only + corner carry
st.HK [CC], hk.SlashElbow, cr.HP, AirKneeSmash
st.HK [CC], hk.SlashElbow, cr.HP, lp.FlashCHop > Critical Art

this combo can corner carry opponent from semi-mid-range of the stage

Guys for non-VT crush counter punish bnb its a waste of damage to use the standard bnb you all are doing… Sometimes you get a lot more damage by not using your CC buttons…

His bnb mid screen will simply be on counter hit st.HPxxHP flash chop follow up suplex

Its 301 damage… 50 more damage…

Good - a lot more damage

Good and bad - put the opponent on the other side… But takes you out of the corner. And put them in the corner.

Good - st.HK meaty afterwards… CC if they press

Lariat f+HP [CC], st.HP > mp.FlashChop
st.HK [CC], st.HP > mp.FlashChop

Good - ends with mp.chop

Good - st.mp/powerbomb afterwards

^thats only good for situation wise imo…
getting out of corner, when your in low health, opponent has a 3frame reversal special
the st.HK is so slow that opponent can easily see and react to it, much worse can be DP’d easily

i will still prefer offensive pressure and the mix-up-guessing potential after mp.FlashChop

St.hpxxhp flash chopxx suplex is alot more damage and you get a meaty afterwards, if they press a button you get a CC. And it switch sides as a bonus… Alex don’t have corner carry potential so mid screen that bnb you are using in not optimal.

Post suplex oki is pretty horrible dude. EX chop or MK Elbow both let you do dash -> Towards HP mixed up with meaty command grab, which is way scarier than the max range meaty st.hk/dash command grab/dash button mixup you get after suplex. Post mp chop is also okay. I guess.

We need to be aware of the max damage combos in case we’re in the situation where they’ll kill, or if you’re comboing to super anyway, but I don’t go straight to that stuff normally because I want the momentum.

Okay, last time I posted that V-skill allows you to combo from j.LK into s.MP, but it turned out that was already normally possible, but I can now say after doing testing that hitting a deep, CH/V-skill j.LK DOES allow s.HP. Also, CH/V-skill uncharged Clothesline/Sledgehammer (whatever you like to call it) allows linking into s.MP.