AE v3 (2013?) Dudley buff request/discussion thread

doesn’t matter as long as Capcom listens.

idgaf about reasonable. in a game where every character is cheap as fuck, i want dudley to be cheap as fuck too.

c.mk 6f start up, 6f active, -5 on block. reduced hurtbox, extended hitbox to the end of his glove.
f.mp 6f start up, -1 on block, +4 on hit.
ssb- L -1, m -2, h -4, ex -2. all armor breaking.
m.JU 5f invincible
cross counter- ex version 3f invincible.
j.lk bigger horizontal hitbox to make cross ups easier.
s.hp bigger vertical hitbox below the glove.
s.mp bigger vertical hitbox below the glove.
s.lp bigger vertical hitbox below the glove.
f.mk bigger horizontal hitbox on f.mk
c.lp +3 on block
c.mp bigger horizontal hitbox.
mgb- L -1, M -3, H -5 ex -6
duck- L 18f total
straight -3 on block
upper -5 on block

yea… that’s good enough. make him cheap

MP JU invincible lol no go back to SFxT
Upper’s fine at -4, It’s good when players try to punish empty ducks or straights. Duck upper has invincibility on it (or some shit) and will beat their moves out.

how about UPPER body invincibility only on MP JU and like you can’t FADC it.

my dream is to JU sakura’s retarded jump hitbox without getting traded.

gouken’s neutral j.hp too

and bison’s stomp

give dudley Sagats LP JU?

also EX version gets seth’s HP DP invincibility frames

no but on serious note here how many times did you guys get chipped out or got hit out of your EX JU by most characters meterless DP faced on? EX JU has so little invincibility it’s not even funny to joke about this

buff recovery on cr.MK and cr.HK on whiff, what was mention before about the moves hitting where they should be, increase hitbox on f.MK, more frame advantage on TCs and/or normals on block (cr.mp should be +6 imo), idc about JU, but if they give him 1 buff of inv on any JU not EX, i’ll take it. Dudleys jab should be as good as Ibuki’s jab on block/hit… why the fuck is dudleys jab not as good as Ibuki’s? +7 on standing hit +6 on crouching hit, but then jab st.HK would be too easy… I think this makes dud OP tbh. He will get in better and faster, he will make opps afraid to block/tech, EX Duck xx straight/upper should cancel on frame 3 k.

Best buff I ever heard.

Also @ the invincibility buffs on Jet/EX Jet Upper.
It wouldn’t solve Anything. Dudlye’s Jet Upper travels up TOO FAST. His upper body can have all the invincbility in the world but it will probably still trade with DPs that don’t travel as fast which means no matter what unless they change the speed of the move, which they wont, it’ll still be the same.

Jet Upper just needs more range during the grounded frames so it can hit moves like dive kicks without getting counter hit so easily. Someone post the hitbox of Dudley’s Jet Upper when he’s like pic related

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3229/jetk.png

I stopped caring about jet upper outside of combos for that reason. and yeah do you not understand how many times you cr.HK whiff before they jump, and when they do they still get a full combo on you >:[ that’s frustrating. I like cr.HK but it’s just terrible on whiff, no normal should take that long to recover, ever, except hard knockdown sweeps. oh yeah reduce startup on f.HP and/or make it -1 or better on block k thnx.

Agreed. I’m not too concerned about any start up times of his moves, any invincibility, or anything like that. Having more advantage on moves like mgb, getting some range on jet upper, and some midscreen poke range is what I’d like to see.

I don’t use cr. HK enough to be concerned about it. I use it sparingly as an anti air only, but if it recovered a little faster I might try it more in an oki situation against certain characters.

what about cr. hk having a slightly more vertical hitbox so its easier to AA with it and st. hk and st.mk having increased horizontal and vertial range

a little more horizontal range would be nice, I hate that I get beat by ryu shallow jump HP all the time. I guess thats what duck upper is good for.

How would you guys feel about armor on EX SSB? I still think it’s something that (unlike armored EX MGB) isn’t going to completely overpower Dudley, while giving him a more viable move to use on wakeup that isn’t loleasy to beat out.

Armored EX MGB??? what? Why would that overpower Dudley when it is only used during combos?
Please don’t tell me you do full screen EX MGB like 2 twice every round.
EX SSB is fine

Wake up?
4 frame EX DP w/ some invincibility
backdash
focus > backdash
BLOCKING

armored EX SSB would be godlike when you think about it.

It’d be a good wake up option because the speed dud sways back + the armor makes multi hitting moves whiff on it like Seth’s DPs, AND you already cant grab him out of it because it’s ungrabbable on start up.
Armored ungrabbable reversal would be beast.
Would also blow up getting hit on the way back instead of stopping Dud dead in his tracks.
Rapes focus for free now since it cant be counter hit on start up.

if this was the only buff Dudley got i’d be ok with this

Oh I know that would be sick. But EX SSB doesn’t need to be buffed. I thought this thread was for stuff that needs to be buffed.

Cammy didn’t need a buff but they gave her one in every single version of SF4.

Thread is about discussing buffs you think Dudley need to be a more complete character.
EX SSB would help him a lot just for being a good move to break focus from almost full screen alone.

Lmao EX SSB beating dive kicks with the tripguard lmaooooooooo YO ARMOR.

Make a list of buffs you want and why btw so when capcom does make 2013 announcement I can make a video on things Dudley players want.
of course I wont let it get ridiculous like the last thread

I was kind of talking about EX SSB being used on OPPONENT’S WAKEUP (I like using SSB as a throw fakeout and a way to get out of range of certain characters DPs), but hey on Dudley’s wakeup is cool too.

What about lk.ssb is simply a duck back (or focus-cancelable before the forward moving attack part of ssb). Be nice to have another way to get a little distance if needed.

@Cliffside i love the Avatar

But yeah I doubt they’ll make another balance change i mean people haven’t asked for it.and some of the stuff requested in here is broken lol