Recommended Ultra to use:

General Strategy:

Useful OS’s:

Notes:

Player Notes about the match:

Videos:

T.Hawk

Current Tier List Match Rating: 7/3 - 8/2

Commonly seen as Blanka’s best matchup and T.Hawks worst, Blanka is able to exert control in almost all facets of the game.

Can Punish Blocked Horizontal Ball with: nothing
Can Punish Horizontal Ball on hit with: nothing
Can Punish Blocked Vertical Ball with: nothing
Can Punish Vertical Ball on hit with: nothing

Recommended Ultra to use:
Use whatever you are more comfortable with, you will rarely have ultra in this match

General Strategy: Blanka can essentially do whatever he wants in this matchup. The only range where T.Hawk is a threat from is inside his command grab range. The problem is he’s terrible at getting in that range vs. Blanka and he has to make a lot of very risky guesses hoping to close the distance.

Useful OS’s:

Notes:

Player Notes about the match:

Videos:

reserve

Any general tips against Seth?

I’m having trouble with the angle of his dive kick, haven’t been able to counter it with nj.hp correctly. lk. up ball or else or just block?

I’m playing the match aggresively maybe I should chill more.

I just use late ex upball so I don’t have to guess between divekick and j.hk. Another idea is jf.mp/hp.

Playing too defensively especially early on can be an issue. Generally If you can land one decent sequence on him you can get a dizzy. If you have the life lead, a u2 stocked, and 2 ex bars? Sure let him come to you because he can’t really do much.

I really like late crouching a fireball then doing a jab ball to beat st.fierce, it’s hilarious.

Oh man im getting wrecked by seths lately. What the hell is up with that tandem move? It seems to put me in never ending block stun.

if the seth player is ending strings in it, it is NOT a true block string. You can jump out and hit them with a full combo, you just have to be aware of the startup of it. It starts up very slow.

it is not a true block string, but if you aren’t paying attention and time the escape wrong you will get caught. Also the + frames of it depends on how far you are from it. THe closer you are the more + it is.

Hey guys

You think U2 is useful vs Ryu & Sagat ?

What you think about the match up Seth ? I have a friend who play Seth, and the cross up whiff often on him… he can punish rollings on hit with his HP like Sim, and with his U1 (can be safeball ?), and i have troubles with his jumps… play turtle is not a good idea i think.

And what you think about the match up Sakura in AE ? She look dangerous now.

I really would not recommend letting Seth come to you as there is plenty he can do. But I wouldn’t play recommend playing defensively either because Seth will win. It’s a hard match for Blanka.

On the defensive side, Blanka has it a bit rough. If you’re knocked down with no meter and Seth is next to you, you’ve got a problem. Best thing I can recommend is simply getting the fuck out of there because Seth will dominate you. If you’ve got meter, you…still have a problem, really. Seth will be looking to bait your reversals and it is pretty easy for him to do. On top of that, all your reversal options can be punished to varying degrees with Seth finishing next to you again in most cases. Any balls that aren’t EX are obviously off the table. Someone said crouching Sonic Booms and punishing fst.HP with a ball. I wouldn’t recommend that. It will work on predictable opponents, and might work once or twice against a competent player. But once you duck a Sonic Boom, trying to do anything else could result in Seth teleporting behind you and messing you up. It’s a gamble on both sides but it pays off in spades if it succeeds for Seth. Probably should just duck it and continue doing what you’re trying to do.

On the offensive side, Blanka has it bit easier. Without nj.HP, you’re free to jump in at certain distances so long as Seth doesn’t have Ultra 1 stocked. His Shoryuken can be safe jumped and if you can force him to play footsies, he’ll be at a big disadvantage. If you jump over a far standing HP you can usually punish Seth pretty hard. Any booms that are closer than midscreen can safely be slid under and punished on reaction. Booms that are beyond that distance can be punished too with EX ball or slide, but slide carries it’s risks as mentioned (basically if its read Seth may be able to teleport) depending on what Sonic Boom was used and where Seth is.

Hope this helps someone.

I also agree… you gotta play aggressive against seth… he’s got way too many offensive options and sitting back reacting to them… is nearly like a gradual suicide mission…

especially when you don’t have any meters… it’s pretty much guaranteed death if you’re on the defense.

-LAU

[media=youtube]mwNLOHcdSkY[/media]

haha, very entertaining fight!

Daaaaamn. That first round was EPIC. and I thought for SURE Ultra 1 would have beat that in the very last round. Would EX Upball have been beaten just as badly?

I’'m having more troubles with Sagat again. Anybody some pointers for relatively safe offence tactics against defensive minded sagats who can kara tu all the balls ?

What is the best distance vs Ryu ? Far HP to beat his crouch MK ?

You have to play super lame vs him, and take calculated risks, you need to guess right a few times and keep your spacing to slide tigershots.

far hp range and slide range are ideal. Far hp range doubles as a ball range too.

Yeah like upball and your ex rainbow are so useful in this matchup. Blanka is one of the few guys that seth has to be semi careful about approach because of these, and he can’t just jump away for free, you can hop forward upball and it covers so much. I rush seth down super hard if he gives me an opening but i try to turtle until that point. Usually i just turtle forever until he tries to attack then i go berserk.

I need to get up to Online Tony’s house to learn the Seth matchup. I lost to him in tournament Top 4 loser’s side on saturday. I think if I can learn to reaction hop vs. Tanden I would be in such good shape.