Current Tier List Match Rating:

Can Punish Horizontal Ball with:

Recommended Ultra to use:

General Strategy:

Useful OS’s:

Notes:

Player Notes about the match:

Videos:

Blocked mp/hp.MGB < U1. I long for a Dud to spam one out when I have gauge.

Anyone have ideas against a blocked well spaced sobat from Deejay? Kurokiba just tore me up with them, I generally beat him, but these are new from him, and I don’t have an answer that isn’t preemptive(crouch, elec, st.strong), and those lose to slide.

Generally he rushes me down or tries to zone, but he just did sobats basically for 8 rounds. I need to stop trying to bait ex sobat off of blocked balls, because thats deejays best use of meter in the match. Such a stupid habit.

i approach them the same way i do dash punches. neutral jumps mixing j.HK and then j.HP into LP electricity.

slides that will whiff normally or hit sobat kicks coming in. If they space and you block then oh well (just like dash punches). I don’t worry about them as much as just getting in.

I assume you meaning mp or hp sobats, because of the pushback making it hard to punish. LP you can punish with standing jab into roll, or upball. MP or HP sobats you have to read them coming, you can FA the 2nd hit and get a crumple if you read it early. You can also use any normal like slide or combo into anything between hits. It’s not that difficult to react to. Just have to get used to doing it.

Yeah I need to nj more I guess. I didn’t do it much at all.

I tried this, he was sweeping my slide recovery on reaction.

@ JOLThead, mk/hk yes. He was just tipping with the first hit to give him perfect distance. It’s hard to react to at 15 frames, I did a few times, but not everytime. I can’t FA the second hit/hit him inbetween if I’m in blockstun.

If the first hit whiffs, it is piss easy to punish, but thats not what he was doing. The only punish I worked out was ex blanka ball.

Oh I see what you mean, but he has to be in that sweet spot to get you in block stun, any closer and you can punish any farther and he whiffs the first hit. Just mess up his spacing. If you wanna react to it I think crouching HK and up ball(if he has no meter) are the best counter choices. Also you can crouch the sobat and then electricute.

E.Honda

Current Tier List Match Rating: 4/6(SSF4)

Can Punish Horizontal Ball with: HP, EX Headbutt, Ultra 1, Super

Recommended Ultra to use: Ultra 1

General Strategy: Honda does more damage and has more health than Blanka. It can be a turtling game in this matchup, so any damage including chip you can get early can help control the action. Honda can build meter by doing his command throw, try to sneak into slide range and tag him if he tries. Don’t do ball unless you see Honda walking foward. Punish HP torpedos with slide, and whiffed lp torpedos with slide or a combo if you can. Jumping HK into elec or sweep is also good. Torpedos can be ducked(not EX) and countered with hop or dash into combo or throw. Electricity is the ultimate shutdown for torpedo but don’t do it in poke range. Just doing lp and being ready to slide/piano into elec if he torpedos will shut down that option for Honda. Standing hk is the best counter hit normal for torpedo, but you have to be looking for it to react.

Sumo splash can be countered by doing slide if Honda is far, or lp upball if he’s close. Coward crouch into electricity is an option with no charge.

Getting a crossover jumpin and mixing elec combos with tick throws should be a priority if Honda has no meter. Watchout for his LP and EX torpedo AA. Honda’s command throw is slow but mixing it up with regular throw and combos can be tricky. Don’t let Honda jumpin and he should never be able to do any of that. Definately don’t jump or do anything dumb when Honda has super.

On wakeup a well timed j mk can beat any of Honda’s options but blocking. So it’s not unblockable, just unstoppable.

**Useful OS’**s:

Unblockables:

unblockable on honda? You sure? I tested that shit on him like 5 times cause it seems like you should be able to do it to him, but I couldn’t get it to work.

Your right, it isn’t, but it will shut down all options but blocking.

yeah, crossups that are also safejumps are good against him no doubt, cause generally sumo splash whiffs and lets you slide it.

I prefer to not b.throw honda personally, because I don’t like fighting him in the corner because then if I do a front/back mixup and he blocks, I can wind up cornered and Honda’s corner game vs. Blanka is amazing. I think I only b.throw him out of the corner. f.throw does a bit more damage as well.

I’m just happy that every single possible electric mixup works flawlessly on honda.

well, you have to space meaty cr.lk perfectly to not get hit by reversal ex headbutt.

AE matchup thoughts.

Dee Jay - Don’t think this is in Blanka’s favor anymore. Deejay is just better now. He does more damage, he keeps you out better.
Dhalsim - This feels much easier. Your nerfs don’t matter in this matchup, but his reduced damage is good for you.
Dudley - Unblockable not working correctly sucks. Dudley already won and he’s better now. This matchup blows.
El Fuerte - One of the matches where I think the hop nerf hurts the most. In vanilla/super hop was off the ground on frame 1, which meant as a reversal you could just hop out of tortilla/fajita, and get a techable knockdown vs. tostada. You have to actually think on wakeup now. Both these characters suck though and only one can unblockable the other so I don’t think it is too bad.
E. Honda - I haven’t played against a good Honda enough to judge things. walk forward jab xx hands still blows blanka up though. The damage nerfs help.

E-Honda… jab headbutt isn’t anti-air anymore… it leaves him one less option to anti air you when he doesn’t have meters…so the fight in general should be a bit easier than before as well

-LAU

that thing is that you could beat jab headbutt already with well spaced jumps on wakeup.

Why we can’t see how much the start up of the hop forward is in frame data ?

I want to see the difference between SSFIV and AE.

It’s the same recovery : 22 frames, but how much frames on the ground ?

first 4 frames are grounded.