AE 2012 Setups (Uncrouchables)

Something small, but I think Cr. MK, Into a EX or HK Oil Dive is an uncrouchible when you catch the guys standing. I donno if this was posted yet?

Found some more uncrouchable LK dive setups off oil rocket.

LP oil rocket >very, very slight pause> HP slide > LK oil dive.

Tested oiled and dry on Honda, uncrouchable, catches jumps. You can backdash out, but in the corner it seems to beat backdash also.

MP oil rocket> MP slide > LK oil dive.

tested oiled and dry on Honda, uncroucable, beats jumps. You can backdash out.

HP/EX oil rocket > LP sllide > LK oil dive

tested oiled and dry on Honda, uncrouchable and I also cant seem for the life of me to backdash out of it?

Some of these dive setups, and others in this thread people have found seem to be character specific when it comes to backdashing out of it. I could be wrong?

yeah I found that yesterday with Drew, think he posted it

It seems air to air diagonal j.mp, f.hk, lk oil dive is uncroucable as well. So we got something else to do besides slide.

Lol really!? That’s sick. Can it be jumped/backdashed?

Caught neutral jumps but backdashes beats it.

Ah okay, still really good though. It seems the ones that catch backdash are specific to the combo resets, i.e st.jab x 3 > LK Dive. Or F.LK > HK Dive. So hard to escape.

What the…Alright this is getting ridiculous, all oil dives can grab after j.mp, f.hk. If someone else is in the lab maybe you can help me double check this. Either Capcom made uncrouchables really easy now or I’m doing something wrong.

Yeah, it’s definitely just LK Oil Dive.

Add this : Meaty/Counterhit Spear > LK Oil Dive

Oh yeah don’t know if you want to include this but using the glitch, with the no followup, you can do a mp slide back towards the opponent which is completely safe, and looks kind of funky. Just something to note, lol.

Oiled F.HK -> N.Jump - > LK dive (grabs backdashes???)

Oiled F.HK -> F.HK - > LK dive (doesnt work on blanka)

Oiled F.HK -> Cr.HP - > LK dive

Oiled F.HK -> Cr.HK - > LK dive

Oiled F.HK -> st.HK - > MK dive

more uncrouchables, tested on Honda. all beat jumps, all lose to backdashes unless stated.

HP oil rocket > CR.HP > LK oil dive. tested on blanka, beats jumps, loses to backdashes

Here’s another

Slide, Press, Dash x 2, HK Oil Dive. Catches crouchers, jumpers, backdashers, if you mistime it you fly over the opponents head.

Found another! F.HK > Backdash > Forward Dash > LK Oil Dive. Again beats crouch, backdash, and jumpers! GOLD!

I’m at work, didnt test it yet, but it is almost impossible to catch c,bd and j except when active frames are 4f.

If im not wrong forced standup after knockdown = 3f
backdash = 3f inv
f standup can be canceled with backdash.

conclusion:
standup: 0 to 3 f > punish
backdash: 4…x > punish
so if the HK OD is active from 3 till 4 it catches both!!!

Sorry, edit: it is possible but have to time right to catch it at the overlapping frames.

Yeah, well I’ve just been mashing backdash to be fair. I’ve tried timing the backdash, but managed to escape maybe 1 out of 30 times. These setups are sort of like sweet spots, they allow the Dive to catch the opponent either jumping crouching or backdashing, we need to try and find more of these setups.

Found another: Slide, Press > st.mp > f.lk > HK Dive.

It seems, LK and HK Dive are the ones most likely to catch all 3.

At the rate we are going in finding uncrouchable setups, I don’t think any of us here can remember the whole list once we are done searching. With uncrouchable setups at almost every knockdown we have, any plans of setting a self code of restriction in real matches? Like limiting 3 successful oil dives per match so not to screw them over too much or even…gasp have scrubs whining to nerf us!

Heh, that’s the thing about the Hakan community, experts in the lab! Yeah, these new setups are ridiculous…I mean, yeah, you can mash jab to get out, but you won’t be laughing when you eat an Oil Coaster to the face. And you ain’t gonna be mashing reversal forever. I was hoping you could have a 70/30 with Oil Dive before 2012 came out, didn’t think it would actually happen though! But yeah I know what you’re saying, it would be easy now to start abusing Oil Dive, haha, maybe just ration what you’re doing not to make your opponent cry too much :wink:

I was testing these on Adon, and they work! Did they alter Adons wakeup to match the rest of the cast, or is it still faster? Did we have specific setups for Adon in AE? I’m guessing these setups works on every character then! So far I’ve tested on Honda, Ryu, and Adon.

As I mentioned before, Im sure theres some character specific weirdness going on when it comes to these fast LK oil dives catching backdashes, relative to how the characters animate when they backdash.

Slide press followup > Cr.HP > LK dive.

tested on Yun. you can backdash out of it, I had limited success jumping out of it. kinda weird, like one in ten times i jumped out of it with the Hakan dummy playing back the exact same setup.

I just heard Ultradave on commentating at SoCaL say that even Hakan can punish Akumas infamous St. HK on block now due to a -2 with oil dive. Is that confirmed?

Juris LK pinwheel can be “punished” uncrouchable with LK oil dive too, although SPD or slide press might be a more appropriate punish

I was having no luck with the first one, only dash x2 i got was with light dive. I tried it repeatedly and coulnd’t get it. However I could get dash, cr.lp hk dive and it grabbed everything but you have to vary the timing, because against rose for instance that will catch backdash but then if she just crouched it always whiffed, where as the same recording would grab blanka no matter what. Some of these may end up being a bit impractical or may need to be tested against everyone.