Adon FAQ's Thread: Quick Questions & Answers!

What Ultra do you guys use for certain match ups? You dont have to name every character in the game but a few key important choices would be great.

**I use Ultra 2 for nearly every match up. (The ones I use ultra 1 for are Ryu, Honda, Blanka, Seth, Sagat.) Honda and Blanka because if they roll/headbutt, free ultra 1. Seth, if he does a fireball/fierce. Ultra 1. **

What other AA do you enjoy aside from HK rising jaguar? I really can’t seem to like/get into this anti air. What do you feel about st MP? I use this more than anything actually and am fond of it…

I sometimes like to use s.mk, nj.Fierce/Roundhouse

3,Also, thoughts on jag tooths and times to use them? the ex version? I use it mostly for escaping situations but i like to use ex to get in close sometimes.

I rarely use it, the only times I do, is a cross up jag in the corner. But even then thats rare. (Shown in the adon option select video.)

Ultra 1 works well on Ryu, Sagat, Sim, and Seth. It definitely eliminates their fireball options. I use it on blanka to punish blanka balls. It can also punish hondas headbutts, but I don’t really use it that much on Honda. Started using it against Chun recently because her fireballs annoy the shit out of me. As of this week I want to start using it more against Bison. I know I read somewhere that a blocked psycho crusher is a free Ultra 1.

Just don’t use it on guile. Sonic Boom recovery is too fast.

I use:

nj. HK
hk. Rising Jaguar

Almost never. The majority of of my times using jaguar tooth is using the lk version to bait things.

Yo this thread is godlike, definitely subscribing this…this is only 1 page and I’ve learned so much!

BTW is U1 good on a Cody matchup?

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I greatly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Ultra 1 does less damage than Ultra 2 hands down. That’s the only reason why lately I have been working around just using ultra 2. It’s really not that hard. On the flip side, i’ve been looking for new ways to use Ultra 1. As stated above, I’ve started using it against Balrogs that are stupid enough to rush punch full screen. But I’ve stopped using it against Blanka because the timing of the ultra after a blocked blanka ball is pretty hard IMO.

Anti airs I use are the Rising Jaguar for sure, just delay it as much as possible to guarantee you get the invincibility. The other ones i use are nj.FP cause of its hit box and also s.FP (close and far). Theyre both good in different situations (s.FP against Rufus’ dive kicks & cl.FP against Guy’s Bushin Flips). Other than that I try not to deviate too much from the DP, because its such a good AA. I’ve hardly ever gotten out prioritized.

Jaguar tooth I don’t ever use honestly. Only when I know I can get out of the corner over them(not when it hits infront of them cause they can AA it.) or when I’m full screen to try and bait with lk JT, but even then I don’t use it.

U1 against Cody: Yes, I use it over u2 sometimes. It’s really good to do on reaction against EX rocks cause as soon as you see the glowing yellow and him picking up the rocks you U1 and it will hit like 90% of the time if your reaction is good. I did it for the first time a week or two ago against Hunter’s Cody and it works ladies and gents.

I could have sworn Ultra 1 did more damage than 2.

Question,
I’m new to the stick and am wondering for Ultra 1, is there any way to easily buffer the directional inputs so that as soon as you see a hadouken you can just hit 3P button?

2 qcb’s honestly. Just like you would buffer Seth’s Ultra 1 or Rufus’ Ultra 2. It’s not hard but personally I just do the entire input as soon as I see them throwing the hadoken.

My secondary is Seth so I learned how to react to fireballs, amongst other things, with Ultras.

The timing of the ultra is lenient enough where you don’t have to have perfect reaction time(The starting animation of Ultra 1 doesnt have to happen as you see the hadoken coming out of their hand). You just have to make sure you input the ultra while theyre hands are out (meaning they are still in recovery from the Hadou).

I’m on vacation and bored as fuck so if you guys have more questions, go right ahead… I’ll be around all day lol

Ultra 1 is good against Bison if they try to do a DR or you backdash and they whiff.
Also free Ultra 1 after a fully blocked PC.

I’ve started to like Ultra 1 more, because since it’s not combo-able, when i use it, i tend to see the full extent of its damage.

Ultra 2 is about the same dmg but only if it’s not combo’d which is rare. Most of the time, you’ll RJ xx FADC xx Ultra 2, and that immediately makes it weaksauce. Not sure why U2 is so bad on diminishing returns whenever you combo it, but it has its uses of course.

Yay. I feel like I’ve boosted the activeness of this thread? Lol.

Anyway, I am looking for someone who wants to play on PSN that can help my adon out. I have a pretty good ibuki and cody if you want that mu experience.

I just want to make my Adon tourney viable. I think I’m close. I have all of his basics and hit confirms mostly. Just need some practice.

PM me or something if you wouldn’t mind raping my new in training Adon.

Gracias.

I’ll take you up on that one, I’d like to learn the ibuki match up more…
And my best friend is a cody, so any additional tips and tricks to stop his shenanigans are more then welcome :]!

this. I don’t know why, but I feel like Avalanche doesn’t do the damage it was meant for. Can’t count how many times where my match is going down to the wire and I get a FADC -> Avalanche and it doesn’t close it out.

nj. HK on their wake up ftw :rofl:

On the topic of Ultra 1. Im thinking this would be a good use against C. Viper. Seeing how its big damage, her bad health, and it can stop her Seismos maybe?

That is why god created Seismo & TK cancels .__.’

well yeah the cancels are a factor, but not every seismo is gonna get canceled

Just the one you decide to ultra lol

yea I wish U2 did more damage, combo’ed correctly it does a bit more than 400 damage but that’s with conditions.

But if you really want to be fancy, U1 combo’s full animation from j.hp in the corner, although I haven’t tried it from anywhere else.

I must face some crap Dictators, I don’t consider myself good at all but my win percentage is 77% against him but then again online doesn’t count for much. I simply walk away from long range head-stomps and throw him. I take a very selective approach to my aggression in this match up, I put the pressure on, play run away, and go for the offensive oriented defense.

I play very close attention to their meter, once they have a bar of EX I will use jump in to air Jaguar Kick to try and bait an EX Psycho Crusher reversal, same for Ultra1, punishing might not be possible depending on distance but the waste of meter still benefits you.

Ultra2 makes jump ins and cross ups risky. I’ll try and make them expect one of those two or some footsies/pokes to bait the U2, soon as I see the screen darken I hold up-back and jumping hk them out of the air. I’ve been caught with U2 exactly twice using Adon.

For the dictator match FA is your best friend block heastomp and FA DR. In this matchup you have to be really cautious as his s.rh is mean and i mean mean it beats pretty much all of your pokes. Take your time and this becomes quite an easy match.

What i struggle with and a cant believe im saying this is chun. I keep eating her nj.rh no matter what i try she just seems to be able to nj out of all my attacks and gets me i can deal with everything else but this and iajk just seems to go straight through her leading me back to square 1.

Anyone know if there is any punishment guides out there for Adon? Like to either find or start a listing of what other characters special moves can be punished by adon.

I was thinking about this today for a little bit and wanted to get some opinions on the matter.

Obviously adon is more known for offensive pressure but…

What do you guys think about using him defensively? I feel he’s amazing at it. He stuffs pokes with cr mp from a distance, anti focus, invincibility on aa, punishes projectiles multiple ways, some fantastic footsies, and can escape situations with jag tooth.