Absolute Question and Answer Thread v.3 (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Probably a SnackBox or a BNB case

1 Like

Also ETERNALRIVAL - https://www.etsy.com/shop/EternalRivalJStick?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=767579518

2 Likes

Hello, is there a feature comparison of the Paradise Cthulhu, The Jasen x Brook retro Board, and the (I don"t know the American partner) The PS 360+

1. Do all of them have compatibility with the same NON-usb systems? Or does one have more?

2. does the SNES have both original formation (yba) and SF lovers default (bar)

3. Does it use “Duke style SF configuration” on the Xbox Prime?

4 Do they have wireable LS RS L3 and R3 mode? Or is there a “soft l3/r3/ls/rs?”

All 3 boards have documentation out
Look it up.

1 Like

Is there a specific thread which does a “dare to compare” for the multi console Fight PCBs for systems from the NES to 6th Gen systems? (I was hoping for a specific thread topic in one easy-to-find place.)

Or are you saying piece it out one question at a time? (I’ll do it the old fashioned way until I see a good one stop shop)

Just so there a list of systems each of those PCBs support on one post.

Here the PS360+ manual
http://www.akicus.co/PS360Support.html

And the PDF for the Brooks Retro board
https://jasenscustoms.zendesk.com/hc/enus/article_attachments/360016750592/Retro_Manual_20180626.pdf

Here is the PDF for the MC Cthulhu Multi-console PCB
https://paradisearcadeshop.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=30

And the original SRK thread for the MC Cthulhu
https://archive.supercombo.gg/t/the-official-cthulhu-and-chimp-thread-try-our-new-dreamcast-flavor/45730

PS360+ console list

Summary
  • Xbox 360
  • Xbox (Original)
  • Playstation 4 (8min Time Out, Soft Reset Possible)
  • PlayStation 3 (PS2 backwards compatible for older PS3 systems or PSN titles)
  • Playstation 1/2
  • Dreamcast
  • Saturn
  • Wii U / Switch (Pokken)
  • SNES
  • NES
  • PC (Windows, Linux and Mac OS)

MC Cthulhu Console List

Summary
  • Playstation 3 (PS2 backwards compatible for older PS3 systems or PSN titles)
  • PS1/PS2
  • Sega Saturn,
  • Gamecube (including Wii VC titles and disc based titles that support the Gamecube controller)
  • Original Xbox
  • TurboGrafx-16/ PC Engine
  • NES/ Famicom
  • SNES /Super Famicom.
  • PC (Dinput)
  • 3DO

Brooks Reto Board System List

Summary
  • PS3
  • PS/PS2
  • XBOX (Original)
  • Dreamcast (Fighting Stick)
  • Saturn
  • GameCube
  • NES/ Famicom
  • SNES /Super Famicom.
  • TurboGrafx-16/ PC Engine
  • PC (PS3 Mode)

All 3 are common ground and can be dual modded to other PCBs.

Beware the rj-45 mod is a pain in the ass to do.

You have to be more specific than that, especially for someone who new to modding like tripletopper.
I am assuming you are speaking of the MC Cthulhu. As the other boards have RJ45 jacks on them.

Yep, I forgot he was new. To clearify I ment that the it isn’t difficult to rj45 the mc cthuhlu, just realy frustrating.

Thanks for the encouragement! I got a new Pro Cable from Jasen’s Customs, and that seems to have been the problem! Just played a bunch with the new cable and everything seems to be in good working order :smiley:

(maaaan he’s in Japan now – deployed perhaps? – and shipping takes forevah to the US)

1 Like

Is there any way to make a IL eurostick feel like the IL compact joystick or would I be better of like for a new old stock compact joystick?

Far as I know, No.
For example the Shaft in the Eurostick is shorter than the Compact.

What about the Compact are you trying to replicate? The shaft length has to do with the Compact actuator being able to be flipped for 4 way or 8 way use.

Ohh, hey you’re on here now, that’s pretty cool. Are you saying there’s more difference then just the switches?

I’ve been here I just lurk. The Compact actuator is designed to be flipped so it can act as an 8 way or 4 way. The Compact actuator is round vs the Eurostick square actuator, and the spacing and location of the switches is different due to the point of actuation from the lever as well.

Levered switches on a Eurostick, like on the Compact, would mean most likely a custom switch plate and new actuator.

1 Like

So I guess I’m looking at either trying the magnetic joystick or buying used.

Just curious why do you want levered switches in there? It can certainly be done, I’m just curious.

Have a few questions.

1. Should you remove the dark blue gate on the LS-32, if you want a square gate? I’m wondering, because the light blue gate undernearth is already a square gate, and the dark blue one is “open” to one of its sides so I wonder whether this influences the feel of the stick to that side.

1. Is it worth trying out different springs, a Kowal actuator or an octogonal gate on the JLF? Does the octo gate suit non-fighting games better? I have many sticks with JLF’s, so wouldn’t mind having different setups.

2. Does Sanwa still make OBSN-30RG buttons or have they been discontinued? Are there any European webshops selling OBSN-30RG or OBSF-30RG buttons? I found them on akishop.jp, but would rather avoid paying the import tax.

3. How do Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons compare with PS-14-GN buttons? Exactly the same aside from the way you mount them? I read some old threads on SRK, but found conflicting info.

Thanks SRK :wink:

The open gate has higher sides except where it meets the 2 way gate, that does effect the feel I like mine better with it on but sometimes they do get installed without it like in the Sega hss-0130 so feel free to try it and see if you like it better without the gate.

1 Like

The Subgate (the dark blue plastic) on it’s current 4 way selection does not get away with anything.
The other two selections would, one would restrict your access to corners, which is necessary in some old arcade games like Donkey Kong or Pac Man. The 3rd is a 2 way, used in a rare few old Arcade titles. You can also remove the sub gate completely (make sure you put back the two retainign screws)

Springs are relatively cheap, so why not. Thing about arcade parts is you don’t know how something is like till you try it for yourself. Like I tested out a dozen of so mods, optional parts, aftermarket parts and configurations till I was certain that I hated the Sanwa JLF. Nothing to me make a JLF not feel like a JLF, but that is me. Your own experiences and preferences will not reflect mine.

I want to say no, but there enough still out on the market if you want some new, you can still find them.
Paradise Arcade sells Sanwa OBSF-30RG and Sanwa OBSN-30RG buttons.

Your Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons use the same size switch as the Sanwa OBSF 30mm.
The Seimitsu switches are a bit stiffer, I find that the Sanwa OBSF buttons take too light of a touch.
PS-14-GN have a physically larger switch and take a put more force to push. Something you want to factor in. How do your own touch handle with push buttons, you wish they require less or more force.

Best advice for arcade parts out there, especially if you don’t have to pay a dime to try it out.