Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Is the switch on LS instead of DP?

That makes a difference? Holy shit, I didn’t know that. My PS3 isn’t setup right now, I’ll start hooking it up and report back whether that helps.

EDIT: Oh my god, it fixed it, thank you thank you thank you.

Okay, this is going to be the newbest question there can ever be. But how do you get 4 fightsticks to play on a ps3 for SFXT? Especially if two are Tatsunoko, 1 a Madcatz TE, and the other a HORI UMVC3 stick. Do I just put in a generic usb hub and hopefully plug all that shit in to make it work? Or will it mess with the wiring of the ps3 itself?

That’s generally how USB works. The U stands for universal!

After getting both UMVC3 and SFXT for the 360 I’ve been itching to dual mod my PS3 MadCatz R2 TE. I have a wired 360 controller with a quirky left stick that I thought I’d use. I’ve been able to conclude that the controller I have is this one ( http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram1.jpg ), the late version. Now, there’s a lot of tutorials on how to dual mod and such, it’s generally confusing for a mod-newb like me I’d dare say. (though I’m not so much intimidated by the soldering itself as ‘what’ i should solder and in what order) So I have a couple questions.

1. Is a dual mod possible with the pcb from the 360 controller I have?
  2. If so, is a dual mod possible with ONLY that and no custom stuff like Chimp or TEasy? (not including stuff like connectors and switches that you can easily get cheap from an electronics store)
  1. No

I was going to ask this question here “What Stick/Controller Should I Buy?“ because Darksakul looks to know his stuff.
Just in case I fall into the “noob” category I’ll ask here.

Hello, this is a very large thread to read though and I’m sure it has a wealth of knowledge along with Darksakuls thread but I guess I’ll re-ask a question to my main focus. My budget is cheap and my area has been down to one BrawlStick this one.

WWE All Stars BrawlStick £22.60

Due to the fact I can mod it easily from watching 4 Youtube reviews & looks good enough (though I’m ripping off that WWE image asap).
My friend says he’s going for this one.

Datel Arcade Pro Joystick £32.40

& says I should get it instead.
My main focus and much help from “What Stick/Controller Should I Buy?” 1st page
I want to go for the WWE BS one the fact it’s better than the SFIV stick already and it’s modable.

My own goals are currently wanting to replay SF IV and buying SxT.
I’ve kind of had enough of using the controller as I’m sure everyone one else has,
and have been talking to a friend and searching the internet for a decent “beginner” stick.

Of course I would love to buy the SF tournament edition one but for the £100 price tag with my possibly interest span loss I’m going to play it safe and go with a beginners trial. When it comes to PS3 games in mostly on shooters RPG’s racers platformers etc, but currently I’m going into the Fighting range due to a mate.
(even though the first game I ever played was SF II on SNES, i dabble lightly on Fighting Games)

So what do you think? Go with the Detel one? Or the WWE one and mod it slightly?
Or are there any recommendations that anyone has with a previous same experience to buy one without mods?

As I may get bored and go back to some other genre of gaming.
Though I was interested in the modding of WWE Brawlstick as a project, in making it into a decent Stick as long as the parts where cheap enough.

Thanks to anyone who reads my TL;DR and helps.

Sadness =(

I was hopping around focusattack.com and saw the Paewang PCB there. Guess I’ll have to go for that one then.

The Datel one does both PS3 and 360. Madcatz only does one. That’s the one thing in favor of the Datel.
Out of the box, the Brawlstick has better parts, and is tons easier to mod.
Figure out if the dual system support is worth more to you than the parts and upgradability, and you’ll have your answer.

Yeah I personally don’t care about PC/360 use, as I’ll be a 1 trick PS3 pony with this Stick.
I’d rather go with the BrawlStick, & the newly found information about the better parts in box is a plus.

The thing that I was thinking before I even looked into the components side of things was its just like the SFIV one so I thought to myself why pay £70 for a brand name as the SFIV stickering and branding must be pushing up the prices compared to a WWE modal that has better parts.

Also from looking around this site has some excellent custom modals, really surprised about this hobby.

I picked up one of the MAS Systems sticks from Arcade Shock a month or two ago. I hate the Happ 360 stick that came stock on it, and I want to switch it for a Sanwa JLF. Will the stock JLF mounting plate fit? Or will I have to pick up a different mounting plate for it?

Howdy,

I’d like to breath some new life into my Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 which has been collecting dust for the last year.
My friend has agreed to help me replace the stock Hori buttons (yuck) with Sanwa parts.

Before I order from Lizard Lick, I’d like to confirm that these are the appropriate button sizes to purchase.

Sanwa OBSF-24 24mm Pushbutton X2 for Select + Start Buttons
Sanwa OBSF-30, 30mm Pushbutton X8 for HRAP3 face inputs

Is Lizard Lick still the best source for these parts at reasonable rates, or do ya’ll recommend another supplier?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Milan

Stopped reading at that point.

Don’t order from LizardLick, see their thread here for more info.

Depending on where you live you have several options for other suppliers.

Thanks for the information gahrling, I’ve ordered
Sanwa OBSF-24 24mm Pushbutton X2 for Select + Start Buttons
Sanwa OBSF-30, 30mm Pushbutton X8 for HRAP3 face inputs from FocusAttack.com

I’m eager to modify my stick!

Quite honestly, I only found out last night that it is so relatively easy to sacrifice a controller PCB for use with genuine arcade controls. But I stayed up late reading people’s progress reports and http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html. I got most of it figured out now (nice case construction aside).

I would love a custom arcade stick for my Saturn, mainly for some shmups. Slagcoin mentioned that Seimitsu LS-32 was considered best for shmups, so my plan was to begin with a full Seimitsu stick and button plan. Is this true? I plan to find out myself by making an all Sanwa mix for a dreamcast one where I play more fighters to find out myself but I’d like to know consensus.

One thing I haven’t figured out yet is how to do LED lights. The original page for this chip is in german so I’ll just give you a google translated link to it, http://tinyurl.com/78ngbvz

Can I use that for controlling 16 LEDs? I’d also like to know if I can just hook it up to a 5V node on the Saturn PCB.

Will that give the controller chip the power to control the LEDs?

I would love a genuine arcade stick and that it would be so do-able to make one myself was quite the eyeopener, never been much into electronics. I’m quite excited at the prospect of making series of sticks and would appreciate some answers very much :).

What you want the LED to be doing exactly?

If it would respond to button pushes would be great, especially with some fade-ins and outs. What LED control chip is typically used for that? I tried to google for it, but mostly I get DJ control stations :S.

Okay, you won’t be using what you linked then.
You want FGWidget LED Controller from Toodles.
http://gdlk.co is his website to buy the LED Controller.

awesome link, ty jdm!

is the jack on the madcatz TE only for sound or can I put in a xbox headset and can use the microphone as well?