A Progression as Inevitable as Death :: Phoenix Combo Thread

My Non- DP BnBs

:d::l:, :d::m:, :d::h: , :dp: :m:, (wait) j.:s:, :s: (SJC), j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, :d::h:, :f::h:, :s: (SJC), j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :qcf::uf::l: , Pheonix Rage (504, 300)

It’s pretty easy except the part where you have to link the j.S into the st.S

It’s also positive on meter, so dark pheonix could still work with this combo.

Actually, do you do use Phoenix Rage at the end of combos?

On another note, are Flight/Air Dash combos possible with Jean? I read so somewhere around here, but haven’t actually *seen *any.

After messing around in Training Mode, I learned that Dark Phoenix has a nice rest during a mid combo that involves flight at the start while in the cornor. The first segment, which { } is in, is where the reset starts and also it is universal meaning midscreen or cornor.
{flight, air LMH f+H S> cLMH S> air LMH f+H S>} otg TK shot L S> air LMHS> otg Tk shot L, Phoenix Rage
Does around 1.0 ~ 1.2 mill easy to combo for regular or tall characters.

2nd version does about the same just no L attacks are used and an addtional a.M is used
flight, air MH f+H S> cMH S> air MH f+H S> otg TK shot L S> air MMHS> otg Tk shot L, Phoenix Rage

Small characters don’t always work since they get pushed back before launch. You can slow the input of the first cLMH for the hit.

Why would you do a reset instead of a touch of death?

Pretty sure that combo still works fine.

Its not a reset like wesker or someone who needs to perform a grab or something along those lines. The combo forces the hit count to reset itself as well as hitstun and damage without assists or grabs. I’d say its a touch of death on its own.

Hey guys,

So I’m running a typical phoenix team. Scrolled through this thread, I’m probably blind, but I can’t see a decent combo that I can do that doesn’t end with super. Right now I’m doing a very basic phoenix combo that just breaks 400k.

Thanks

Well the standard is something like cr.lmhs mmh d.h xx teleport (not necessary to teleport but makes the combo more consistent), f.h xx L trap, f.h xx L trap, f.h s mmhs, potential OTG shot into dp+L/H if you are close to the kill.

She also has an Xfactor infinite (either in dark phoenix or not) with L trap over and over.

There seems to be a heavy lack of meter-building combos in here, which just blows my mind. Has no one tried to build Phoenix combos around meter gain rather than damage?

Hey guys I’m trying to create the most damaging regular Phoenix corner throw combo by herself without use of hypers. This is what I got so far:

~307,000
Forward Ground Corner Throw:
:qcf: :uf::l:, jump up-forward, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:d::h:, :f::h:, :qcb: :l:, :f::h:, :qcb::l:, :h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s: :qcf::uf::l:, :dp::h:

If you replace the H w/ another Forward H after the 2nd L trap you get 308K.

Just got 310,800 doing:

OTG Fireball, Forward H, L trap, Jump medium, Jump Heavy, Jump Down Heavy, Forward H, L trap, S, Jump Medium, Jump Medium, Jump H, Jump S, OTG L fireball, H TK overdrive

Yeah that’s super close to my second combo. Difference of an h and a m haha. I’m not sure if she can do more damage than that. Maybe I’ll have some lab time this weekend.

Yeah man. It’s hard to get good damage off her grabs in the corner lol. But good stuff finding that initial combo. Now I can start using this 310K grab combo now for my tick throw setups :slight_smile:

Phoenix Forward Corner Throw Combo:
:qcf::uf::l:, :h:, :f::h:, :qcb::l:, j.:h:, j.:d::h:, :f::h:, :qcb::l:, :f::h:, :s:, j.:m:, j.:m:, j.:h:, j.:s:, :qcf::uf::l:, :dp::h:

[media=youtube]SY_39bS2XHM[/media]

So here’s a situation and a question for the scientists in this thread.
Situation. Jean gets snapped in. You have all 3 characters available so level 1 x-factor. You are 100000000000% certain they are going to do something right in your face for the snap mixup. Wolverine dive kick + Sentinel. Nova airdash in H looking to create a guard break + Sentinel. Spencer jump H xx zipline + Sentinel. Magneto airdash in H + late Doom call. Etc. Everyone here plays Phoenix you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Incoming Phoenix rage beats all of these. So here’s the question: what’s the best combo you can get off of incoming rage xx XFC level 1? Meter is not a concern; by burning level 1 XF you’re now no longer playing for DP anyways, it’s nuking time. If you can get to 950 this is now 100% worth it. I just can’t get to 950 myself. Show me what you got!

–Jay Snyder
Viscant@aol.com

So here’s a situation and a question for the scientists in this thread.
Situation. Jean gets snapped in. You have all 3 characters available so level 1 x-factor. You are 100000000000% certain they are going to do something right in your face for the snap mixup. Wolverine dive kick + Sentinel. Nova airdash in H looking to create a guard break + Sentinel. Spencer jump H xx zipline + Sentinel. Magneto airdash in H + late Doom call. Etc. Everyone here plays Phoenix you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Incoming Phoenix rage beats all of these. So here’s the question: what’s the best combo you can get off of incoming rage xx XFC level 1? Meter is not a concern; by burning level 1 XF you’re now no longer playing for DP anyways, it’s nuking time. If you can get to 950 this is now 100% worth it. I just can’t get to 950 myself. Show me what you got!

–Jay Snyder
Viscant@aol.com

Adding to the above, looking for damage while still holding 2 characters. You can approach 1 million by doing incoming phoenix rage xfc teleport M. Low H, launch, MMH, down+H, stand H, launch, BBCS, TK light fireball, H overdrive xx Phoenix Rage. The problem with that combo is that if you’re trying to hold Mag/Nova/Wolv/Spencer + Sentinel, the point character will bounce high and the assist will stay low. Plus the weights complicate things.

The main solution I’m using for the problem is using a normal to hold the assist up (low M), then doing an L overdrive to time the point character falling. The problem with that is that it sucks away damage and ramps up hitstun and it’s not an easy conversion.

Anyways, just curious to see what people come up with.

–Jay Snyder
Viscant@aol.com

With 2 bars… and both characters in the air

Phoenix Inferno (hit confirm into all 10 hits), XF1, air:rdp::m:, dash forward, :h::f:+:h:, :qcb::l:, jump forward, air:h:,air:d:+:h:, :f:+:h:, :qcb::l:, :f:+:h:,:s:, jump, air:h: Phoenix Inferno, :df::atk:+:atk:, air:s:, :qcf::uf::l:, :dp::h: (as the last hit of the :dp::h: hits you’ll gain the last bit of meter to hit “1” on the super bar), Phoenix Inferno.

Damage = 1,110,900
Done on = Wolverine

EDIT* This won’t catch a character and their assist.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying in his best Mordecai voice:

YEA-UH!!

With 2 bars… Wolverine + Sentinel Drones assist

Phoenix Rage, air :rdp::m:, :d::m:,:h:, :f:+:h:,:s:, jump air:h:, Phoenix Inferno, :df::atk:+:atk:, air:s:, :qcf::uf::l:, :dp::h:, Phoenix Inferno.

Damage = uhhhhhh. So far it’s 1868,800+

Notes: Like Viscant said, the :d::m: will hold Sentinel because if Wolverine is in the air and sent is on the ground, when the Phoenix Inferno hits, they’ll both be seperated when you do the teleport.

To time this combo correctly, the :d::m: will hit Sentinel first because he falls before Wolverine. So once the :d::m: hits Sentinel, then do the :h: to hit both him and Wolverine as he falls into it. After that you should be able to do the rest as you will build enough meter for the 3rd Phoenix Inferno after the :dp::h: because as you juggle both the characters you’re getting a great amount of meter.

It definitely kills Sent. Not sure about Logan. I think’s close though.
Edit Magic pixel for Logan.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

I’ll try to make a video of it later.

Has someone got a nice combo after Dark Tk trap m?