A-groove Rugal

I tried playing Rugal A-groove today. It feels like different from any A-groove characters I’ve enjoyed doing the godpress RC then activate then do whatever you want hehehe :clap: after that super d,df,fx2 K.

Does anyone have other CC for Rugal?

It’s all about the godpress into CC, but what you really should know is what you can activate from:

connect air punch thingy: activate, standing mp, fierce godpress

in the corner: connect with shield (probably RC) activate, st. foward, corner stuff

also there’s the anti-air cc which is activate, dp+k cancel into fierce godpress.

when I do the anti-air CC of rugal it always cancels to a super after the DP+k of Rugal I dont know why?

Just make it clap

This might help chester: DP+LK cancel into, S.Fp, then Fp godpress, into whatever. Its easier, and the S.Fp doesnt really do a significant change in damage. :karate:

Ps: I tried Galzpanic’s version and it does about 7800+, and the version I posted above, the one I usually do, takes 7600+, but to tell you the truth I like the one he posted above, because it does more damage and its really not that much harder.

If you wait for the DP+Lk to hit twice and then do the FP godpress, into whatever, it only takes about 7100 in damage, but if you cant do the ones posted above, you could try the 7100 damage version.

In reference to your question, I cant really understand why a super is coming out…?

Unless your doing the DP+LK and after you have you hand on the joystick or controller in the down direction then from there you go d/f, f, HCB+FP, that would probally be the reason the super is constantly triggered, because thats the motion for the super.

I do the DP+Lk but im holdin forward at the end of that, then HCB+FP, this works for me with no problem.

Also try this combo: cross up mk, c.Lp, S.Fp, Fp god press.
This 5 hit combo does 5000 in damage, not a lot of people know that rugals c.lp can be combo’d into his standing FP. (might not work on small characters, athena, sakura, ect…

With that said… :badboy:

Try this Big Ass combo into CC: Cross up mk, c.Lp, S.Fp, Fp god press, activate, [sj.FPx4]x4, fp god press, into god press super.

DMG = 10080…Nough said… :clap:

Fight On:karate:

I tried playing Rugal today All of the CC of Rugal didn’t work Since my enemy knew what I’m doing.

except I hit the Big ASS COMBO but I didnt finish it with super because his charcter died before I hit the Super!!! hehehe

hell yeah, im just happy u hit the big ass combo, its even easier to hit the cross up on crouching opponents.

Its one of those combos that gives yo brain an orgasam, and your like, I got your ass now Mutha Fucka, Geh, Geh, Geh Geh, Geh, G-unit…in this bitch shorty…what you goin do…bump if you like that I can tell you like that…G-unit in this bitch shorty!!!

It’ll go something like this…

:annoy: -> :rock: -> :nunchuck:

and your opponent will be like -> :sweat: -> :wasted: -> :bluu:

then hell be like I dont want you singing about woopen in my
ass, cause your face…-> :hitit:

C.lp, into s.fp isnt that hard. Thats good news though.:tup:

Fight On:karate:

The only thing I miss is the c.lp.

What I did is after the crossup.mk, S.fp, godpress, CC and sj.Fp4x

but still he ate it all, then he stands up scratching his head what just happend. :lol:

Either way its still sick damage, after the convenience of a cross up combo.

By the way chester did I help any with the anti-air CC?

And does is there any sick rugal players out there, I doubt it but maybe there is.

Or does anyone know of any footage of A rugal?

I can’t still pull it off maybe I really need more practice to the anti-
air CC.

My friends do play Rugal but they always played N or C groove.

Like vid matches?

yeah A groove rugal match vids…

So I heard you wanna learn A Yun huh?? :clap:
I can help if you want just start a thread about A yun… :confused:

I do know some shit about A yun, seeing as I use him occasionally.

Fight On:nunchuck:

What super is comin out? I do it pretty much the same was as Odin, except I use roundhouse…I don’t really think it makes a difference as long as you do the godpress right.

I just activate, f,d, d/f+ roundhouse, f, hcb fierce

You might be trying to do it too fast…it’s weird but genocutter seems to give you plenty of time to cancel into godpress…just concentrate on doing the motions correctly.

I have few match vids with Rugal becuase of the stupid virus I had to format everything Damn it!!!

reallllyyyy A-groove YUN do you have any combo vids, this I want to see. :smile:

I just tried the roundhouse version I didnt know that
you did it with RH, im guessin you let one hit connect and
then go for the god press, I just tried it and it takes
7960, almost 8000, thats sick damage for a anti-air, letting
the DP+RH hit twice will do less damage considerably. Good
shit bro.

Well I dont know about combo vids :sad:
Unless you can find a copy of evo 02 or 03, there’s a match
or 2 with this japanese guy who uses a sick A Yun, RC all
day beating the shit out of people, at least I think so,
someone correct me if im wrong, I’ll try and find some footage
for you, it might take a little while though, unless you know of anyone who might have some vids, ive been using A yun for a while so I might be able to help with combo and strats a
little, plus I still remember the old namonaki combo,
but that shit is hard.

Just post in the Yun section, cause I aint tryin to make
buktooth angry again, so any talk about yun should be disscused
in the Yun section. :tup:

See You Soon Warrior :karate:

what did you do Neo Odin? I just post new thread about yun.

PM me if you want to answer this secretly.

By the way I only think that rugal is only capable as a battery, I really cant see using him for any more than that, right now im looking
for someone to replace my middle man (second spot) of my team, but even with roll cancel’s I cant really see using rugal at high levels of
play. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong. If anyone would like to
comment on this feel free 2 infact id encourage it. I wonder if there’s
a any sick rugal players out there who could give some perspective on
the subject. Has anyone ever one a tourney latley with him? :sweat:

By the way galzpanic (that game is tight), im also finding the custom to
be slightly hard im pretty sure that u cancel the first him of the
DP+RH into the god press, the timing on this is extreamly tight, even doing my old AA modified with DP+RH (1 hit), canceled into S.FP is hard as well. The combo you posted only does near 8000 if the DP+RH hits kind of deep, maybe my joystick sucks or something but im pretty sure that you dont wait for both hits of the dragon punch, then cancel into godpress, other wise the damage would only be 7400 or 7300 or so.
I guess I’ll just stick to my old custom. Oh well…

I guess so… but I don’t use him in a tourney game. Since I’m not good enough playing him.

Galzpanic plays A-Rugal as his R2 and is quite solid with him. All the Japanese who use Rugal usually have him as their anchor as well. He’s like A-Bison I think. Risky to use as your R2, but land one combo and that makes up for everything.

Where are you getting that Rugal makes a better battery character than anybody else? Because he can throw reppukens? He can whiff s.MP’s, but that’s about it. He doesn’t have an easy meter building bnb combo like Sakura or Kyo, and he’s better played as a zoning character than somebody that makes you block all day (and get mad meter in the process). Plus all of Rugal’s death combos come from using his meter as well. I really don’t agree with you here. I’d rather take A-Sagat or Blanka before Rugal if I wanted to build meter.

Your right kcxj, it does take a little bit to gain meter with him, the only reason I said that he would only make good a battery, is because I couldnt see using him as a secondary character especially in a tourney I have never seen anyone use him seriously so I dont know exactly what else hes capable of besides big damage, but like you say I guess he’s best at zoning like rock, but yes you have a very good point. Wouldn’t A todo be a better choice?

Neo Odin:

Huh? Where are you getting Todo from all of a sudden?

Waves do build lots of meter, but at midrange, like any other projectile, it’s not safe against rolls or jump-ins. Todo’s footsies are also a little weak in my opinion and he has a hard time anti-airing when the opponent jumps right on top of him.

Land one RC grab and it is peace out for the opponent if you play your up close game random enough though.

Todo’s CC does nearly 10000 damage from anywhere on the screen. I hope you didn’t mean Todo is a better battery than Rugal when you said maybe Todo would be better… I think he’s definately a user as well.

Guile, Blanka, Sakura, Kyo, Iori, and Rolento are hands down the best A-Battery characters if you ask me. What the heck am I talking off topic for though? So yeah, A-Rugal is awesome. :smile: