A groove bison's silly head blash combo

i dont use bison cause i find him 2 be that cheap that i dont wanna put my opponent tho the pain of fightin him

• a pain i no so well

i seen on a couple of capcom video’s that A groove bison has a great combo, i dont no the move but it when he pretty much blashes ya ova and ova, u can get a silly amount of combo from it - something like 35combo

any1 able 2 help??

Technically, Bison is not cheap at all, since he has the priority, range, and speed of a mid-tier character. However, the move that you’re talking about where you can get combos anywhere from 35 hits to about 70 some hits is:
[enemy in corner, air] dp + hp * N

so this combo is not special at all??

i didnt no this game had infination combo’s is there a thread about them

forgive me 4 soundin like a noob

http://www.shoryuken.com/games/cvs2/CapcomVsSNK2_SystemsComboGuide_v1.txt

Ok, that combo that you are talking about is the infamous “paint that fence” combo pioneered by BAS. This combo is known of very well by all good CvS2 players and it can be up to around 70 hits. Every good A-groove player uasually has Sakura or Bison on their team. Often both. They both have set ups that can link into CCs that do unbelievable damage. Bison isnt cheap AT ALL. If there is no way that he is cheap. Nothing in CvS2 is cheap at all. Even that biggest game altering glitch in the game is allowed in tournys. Im talking about roll cancel.

Acually Bison’s and Sakura’s are the best combos in the game. And there are no infinites in CvS2(except for Kim’s). The way A-groove was made was that they give you the ability to make your own combo, but you can only do lv.1 supers. You cant kill anyone with the CC itself, but the setups add damge to your combo. For example Sakura has a setup to CC that will leave them dizzy by the end of the CC, then as there dizzy you can start up another combo then as your bar fills from the combo you can then link to a super. I use this combo and it leaves them with a centimeter of health left and comes out to around 90 hits!!! The same effect can be used by a good C-Chunli. IMO, if used corectly C and A are the 2 best grooves in the game. But C may seem basic, but if you have skill ou can take it to the next level using one combo dizzies then they finish the job by using little pokes that get there bar up and connect to a super in one combo. I saw a video of a C-chun that killed a guy with ONE COMBO. I cant do this one though. High level CvS is alot of RC, CCs and lv.2 cancels.

One of the things that makes Bison good is his ability to set up a CC(custom combo) from just about anywhere on the field. This makes him VERY intimidating with meter. And him and Sakura have setups to CCs that can devestate somebodys complete life bar. A-groove takes alot of practice to learn, but there is a reason why it’s the best. If you’re losing by ALOT then you can make a full comeback with one CC or you can push your lead up even furthur with a CC. And if you know what you’re doing you can setup a CC against anyone. A-groove is also perfect because it gives you a chance to RC which is important against high level players. If you look at all the tourny charts from last couple of years then you’ll notice that the top three teams ALWAYS have Bison and Sakura in it. Follow the link to see the tourny results from the last Evo…

www.evo2k.com

Remember that nothing in CVS2 is cheap. When I was starting out I thought that a ratio 4 K-Blanka was the cheapest thing EVER. But then I acually learned about the game and now when I lose it’s because of the other players skill. Not because there cheap. The only thing that many people consider cheap is roll cancel electricity with Blanka and roll cancel the chun li kick to C.Mk -> super. But even that is no reason to get mad or discouraged. CvS2 is there fairest game you can play by far and there is nothing at all cheap about it.

WORD! :tup:

I am a aspiriering A-Groove playa (TEAM: SAK, Bison, Hibiki). But is it just me or do you have to be a friggin Terminater bot to do Bisons and Sakura’s 14+ DP combos! Its soooooo hard! any tips or easier combos they have? I use a stick by the way.

Well I’m sorry to say that the only good CCs they have are shoshosho and paint the fence. Dont trip though, because alot people have trouble with it at first. I learned Sak’s first then I was just doing random activation. Then I started learning setups over time. The best way to do her’s is to do the buffer slowly and take your time, because if you rush it then you’ll surely get a Hadouken or something. make sure that everytime you get to forward you press fierce. It should be alot easier if your used to stick. just start with one DP and do a bunch of hadouken motions and everytime you get to forward on the hadouken then press fierce. Once you get get it, it will become EXTREAMLY easy.

As for Bison’s this one took me a while. But man did I feel like the shit when I finally did it after like a month of practice. I really have my own style to doing it. I do the same thing as Sakura, but MUCH slower. Alot of people say not to buffer with Bison’s CC because you dont get the max hits and damage, but it works for me because I still get 4 hits for every rep and damage of at least 9000 or higher. Basically I just do the motions seperately(like you’re supposed to), but I never go nuetral and I take it slow. Works perfectly and easier too.

If you have any more questions I’d be glad to answer them. I’m glad to see someone posting something positive to me for a change. Normally all I hear is shit talk from people who dont agree with me. Anyways, Anything to help an aspiring A-groover out. Peace. :tup:

SnakeDizzle, Good luck :tup:

Just given props where they are do:karate:…

I am going to try the methods you mention for show. I guess I will need a “back-up” team til’ I get them CC’s down. Cause it just might take me a couple of months to master it. My main problem is probly doin the motion to quick, as I get moves I don’t intend to get such as fireballs and c.P’s with SAK or c.HP’s and his charge move with Bison.

Damn. Those are the same problems I was getting too. C.Fp, Hadoukens and Bison charge moves. To stop that it helps to go slower, because then you have more control over the motions that your doing.

What I would recomend for you is that against the scrubs in your area practice your A-team and on the good playas use a team that you know how to use better. If you can RC and have a large knowledge of setups and CCs then A-groove is gonna switch to your main groove in no time. I used to use N before I could do CCs and I though I would never leave the N teams I used, but now I never ever use N. A just owns too much. I use K alot too now because I like JD, Run, safe fall, small jump and fast supers. I acually try to use every groove except for S, but I know a few tricks with it. What grooves do you use and characters? Just curious. Good luck learning A. Hard work, but you’ll be pleased with the results when you master it.

SnakeDizzle,

aww… man… just when i was about to trip out the idea of playing A-bison (it would hurted me a lot since i’m a big fan of shadowlaw)you came from the sky and I understood that i wasn’t the only one who couldn’t do the Paint that Fence combo at the beginning… thanks for the info man it was really helpful… but i want to know how do i do to get the opponent in the air? because i tried in the corner to double knee press then dp+fierce but it was too slow to follow up…

Ok well after the scisors kick you can do a S.jab or s.Mp to get em higher then you can start the combo. The air to air setup J.mp mp, activate. And the best one for an A-Bison beginner is activate C.mk, C.mk, Sweep, s. jab then super jump after them with H.k til’ they’re in the corner. You also do this after the air to air setup. These are the best easy set ups I can think of. If you want me to make a link to a sight that will have some better setups then tell me and I’ll try to find it so I can post it up for you. I think it was somewhere on VO so I’ll find it and make a link later. I dont feel like typing right now cause it’s late, but I’ll make a link later so you can get the info you want later.

Peace out,
-SnakeDizzle

http://www.video-opera.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=103

The link above is where you can find the perfect A-guide for every charcter in the game. Setups, Finishers and the CCs themselves. I would have posted some of them myself, but I was too damn tired to do so. Anyways it’s better if you go here to find CC info from here because you can learn how to play A-groove just from this link because you can get all the info you need for anyone. I have this shit in my favorites, bacause it’s just so damn perfect for learning A-groove and CCs. Good luck!

-SnakeDizzle

what-up snakedizzle

I also luv N-Groove. for some reason I have really grown to love this groove. I guess being very offensive orriented, has somthin to do with this. you have your run and roll as well, and a small jump all in one groove. As well as the possiblity of doing a level 3 super and still have a super left.
I have been playin around with the S-Groove also, but man I think you need some major skillz to be really compotent in that groove… Habiki has some nasty stuff in this groove though, as well as N-Groove.

When you play A-Groove Bison, what is your most common combo starter. I know he has plenty, but which do you find you connect most offten?

thanks a lot man this will really help me out… and now… to practice!!!

N-groove pwns for shizzle. My current team as of now for it is… Well I use alot of N-characters so I just mix it up between Hibiki, Geese, Cammy, Morrigan, Blanka and Sagat. I own beyond beliefe with Sagat because the small jump mixups to super I have are practically fool-proof. I love the everything about that groove. I would have to say I like run and small jump the most because that what I use to do pressure and damage. The ability for a powered up lv.3 is good too and being able to store lv.1s as fast as you can in N-groove also makes it a really good groove. Plenty more to N too than just all that. I also like K-groove about the same because it suplies me wth all the shit I have in N but with JD. Only thing wrong with it is that you cant RC, but JD fills that gap pretty good.

Here is the setups I use for different situations…

-You can use any combo you may have into M.k scissors kick(BnB is best), activate CC, S.mp(f), H.k scissors kick, H.k, H.k scissors kick, S.mp, Then you paint from there.

-When there in the corner any scissors kick will can set up a CC. Just combo a scissors kick, activate, s.mp, then paint.

-When you play A-groove you get 20 invincibilty frames when you activate so basically for example if You’re playing a predictable Sagat, you activate right before his C. Fp hits, then you counter with C.mk, C.Fp, C.fp, S.Hk, sweep, then you can either jab and super jump after them with hard kicks and kick doing that until they’re in the corner or after the sweep you do a S.hk, H.k scissors kick and repeat til’ they’re in the corner.

-Air to Air. IMO the best anti Blanka, Vega, Bison, Mai Setup because since there all characters that rely heavilly on jumping you can set them up really easilly. When you see your opponent jump then jump up and… J.mp mp, land, super Jump, activate CC. J.hk H.k, and just keep super jumping at them til’ they’re in the corner.

I know plenty more setups, but these are the most practical and useful. If you have anymore questions then post them and I’ll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Good Luck,
-SnakeDizzle

Snake you got any good strat against Cammy? What I tend to do is d. MK and random light scissor kick other then that Im at a lost.

I do that alot too, but against Cammy scissors kick really isnt that safe because Cammy can throw you out of it just about every time. Against Cammy it’s best to just wait things out alot because her cannon spike has alot of priority and can catch you off gaurd. Try not to get to close to her if you think you’re gonna get placed into a situation where she’ll be able to throw you alot. If your opponent knows how you think then he can easilly mix you up with her dive kick by alternating between throws and cannon spikes so you should use Bisons jump capabilities to play keep away. And if you air-to-air then do his J.mp mp, but try not to jump in unless you see her feet leave the ground. It’s ok to jump over her as long as your safe from a wakeup cannon spike. And try not to corpes hot on her because she can wakeup throw or cannon spike. And when I’m on the ground I usually use Bison’s C.fp and s.mk. S.lk is good for ticks as long as you think they wont beat you to the throw. And dont be afraid to sweep or PC if you can get one for free, granted that you dont have the option to do anything else that is better. Her s.Hk(f) and s.Fp© are some of the best pokes in the game for alot of reasons so watch out for them. They combo alot of shit, they can be used in mixups and they do gaurd crush like crazy so every now and then go for a cross up because since the cannon spike goes sort of horizontaly you can get them with one and be farely safe from getting AAed and you’ll be away from the threat of her incredible normals.

This is all I can remember for now. I’ll post more later if I remember anything else. To sum it up… Play safe, dont be predictable, and watch out for the unexpected.

I hate playing Cammy because shes so different from anyone else in the game. She combines speed with power and has some of the best mixups in the game not to mention shes always a really scary matchup even without the threat of super or CC, but if you play your Bison right you should be able to pwn her.

Hope I can help, Good luck :tup:

-SnakeDizzle

Ain’t that the truth. I am thinking about adding her to my future team of complete pain: A-groove Sakura Bison Habiki/Cammy. I luv her, she can be sooo offensive yet safe. Scarry, but well she did work for Bison:devil:

So does Bison’s j.MP, have a like insane priority or somthin of the like? Will it beat out things like Blanka’s j.RK?
Trying to theorielize how it could be used as an good anti-air.

BTW: my N-Groove team: King, Raiden, Mai… thinkin about trying them in K-Groove also (this would favor my Raiden, I thinks)

Hey guys. Im posting from school so I’ll make this quick. To answer your questopn about Bison’s air Mp yes it can beat out the average attack like Blanka’s air Hk or Vega’s air attackes and what not, but there are quite a bit of moves that it cant beat out like Sagat’s air fierce or Blanka’s straight up fierce. Still though IMO Bison’s best AA is to do a j.mp mp when you see them leave the ground. It can be stopped, but only by some of the better air attacks e.g Sagat’s air fierce. However you can get it alot because people are really only gonna use his fierce if they think your gonna jump, but if you wait til’ they jump first it shouldnt be a problem.

basically to answer your question basically. Yes Bison’s air fierce has ALOT of priority and you can use it to set up CCs plus it gives you a knock down. One of Bison’s best normals in general and you should definately use it.

And about Raiden on K, I’ve seen a match where a guy came back on three whole characters with an inch of Raiden life left. His opponent had cleared out his entire team with just his Sagat and had left Raiden almost dead(one hit would have killed him). Then once Raiden had finally taken out Sagat he had killed the next character in a matter of a few seconds(I think it was a perfect). And the the Raiden finished him off extreamly fast. So Raiden caught up on 3 characters and this was also a ratio 1 Raiden too. So yeah I would say that K-Raiden owns alot. So go for broke. :tup:

Good luck, :tup:
-SnakeDizzle

I have got to see that match! It is kinda hard finding any Raiden matches at all though:sad:

yeah, m.P for life! their too good…
Priority and knockdown nice.