7 Minute Saikyo: Dan General Discussion Thread

Adventures in Sony Vegas

Anyhow, my [media=youtube]0BWQd7Bre0U"[/media] is up. After sifting through some video editing software, I got a fairly delicious quality by playing SFIV at 1440x900, recording full-size in FRAPS at 30 fps, and simply keeping the video zoomed to match the pixels up (Essentially overlaying the 1280x720 frame over my 1440x900 video)

When outputting it for Youtube, I used the Windows Media Video V11 (.wmv) at top rendering quality, using the Windows Media Video 9 video codec, quality cranked up to max, at 1280x720 using a 1.0 pixel aspect ratio.

I’m fairly certain the video was exported at 29.97 fps, but I can’t remember. In the end, it turned a 3.5 gig pixel-perfect video file from FRAPS into a 127 meg video with very minimal loss in quality. I can still easily read the text in the tiny GFWL window, even in low quality mode on Youtube.

Edit: I’m fairly certain this will also work even better with video captured from 360’s and PS3, you won’t have to resize your video, as the consoles display 720p, 1.0 pixel aspect ratios natively. SFIV locks out 720p on 60hz displays, for some dumb reason.

Interesting, I like this product, aint too expensive either.

Can you get all the stuff in one bundle or something? I’m using a 360, and be interested in doing something like that.

Windows Movie Maker is probably what you’d wanna use for video editing software. I haven’t used it, but it’s free apparently. Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere are expensive, but powerful editing software. I prefer Vegas over Premiere.

You don’t need a good video card to actually edit video, but you do need one if you plan to play games on your PC and capture at the same time. If the 360 can output from HDMI Out and it’s HD Component Out at the same time, you should be able to play on your TV with one of the connections and have the other run to a USB HD video capture/processing device in your computer.

That Dazzle thing would be perfectly fine if you wanted to do recording as well, but you’ll be stuck recording in standard definition analog as it doesn’t look like it can handle an HD video feed like HDMI, DVI or HD Component (Those RGB cables).

Actually, if you don’t have the right computer setup, you probably want to stick to standard definition anyhow, since a single captured match in HD can be around 3.5 gigs.

Step 1: Buy the Dazzle.
Step 2: Buy a Y connector.
Step 3: Hook it up video to the Dazzle and your TV.
Step 4: Capture video.
Step 5: Encode video in (EDIT: Actually, it’s probably best to keep it as .WMV), 720 x 480, 29.97 fps
Step 6: Upload to Youtube
Step 7: ???
Step 9: Profit!

I think that’s right. I’m not sure. Capture video at your own risk. :\

Lol my Dantics are still scrubbish, but like Dan I’d like to watch my glory in action :rofl:

Thanks man.

You missed out Step 8 :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a funny video, can’t believe that guy kept walking into the Dankuu :stuck_out_tongue: Seems like you get a bit cocky and almost lost the match though :stuck_out_tongue:

Free to whomever wants it. If preferred, I can make a non Premium one.

its too large, unless there is some secret way to enable it.

Okay, its like 80KB, so I’ll take a frame out. It fits now, I tried it.

Try this:

And try this non-prems

And enjoy.

I am an artist and am generally critical in that respect, Alpha 1 had amazing art direction despite lack of action. 2 not as good in that respect. SF2 the animated movie had both and a solid story.

happens to the best of us, alot of times I down right own the first round, and come into round 2 expecting more of the same and i get over confident and lose. Shit happens though. I had a odd match with a viper, I got perfected round 1, I perfected the viper round2 and won round 3.

Ugh… No one will take me seriously at all. Since becoming an avid Dan user, people drop on me, kick me out of their lobbies, taunt entire matches without fighting back… WTF? Even in player matches, it’s hard to find an honest opponent. They either get pissed and drop when they lose, or they kick me out before the next fight.

If anyone around here wants to play some serious Dan matches, please hit me up on XBL.

Its because the community has made him out to be, in my opinion, worse than he is. Nobody wants to lose to Dan in a serious match. So you will encounter those people that wont fight, or disconn at the matchup screen when they see you selected Dan.

In the case of player matches, no one especially wants to lose to Dan repeatedly.

I only get upset if I lose when I’m Dan fighting Dan. But then there’s always someone better than you,as well.

Shit, I’m not even that good. Not with my main, Honda, and certainly not with Dan. Motherfuckers are just poor sports.

I don’t get that problem, I guess over here people just want to win regardless of the circumstance.

I kinda wonder if people think I’m screwing with them though. Sakura’s my #1, Dan’s my #2 and Seth’s my #3, I always start with Sakura and play 2-3 games regardless and move onto Dan. So if I win those games and then play Dan people might think I’m taking them lightly, when I’m not, then I move ontop Seth who gets the absolute most hate in the entire cast.

I actually had one guy who I soundly beat with Sakura, then beat with Dan and he gave me the angry face for it but managed to win the next game (with Bison tricks >.<), then I switched to Seth and won and got the angry face again. I selected Seth again since I had only played with him once and the dude just DC’d in the VS screen :looney:

I must be one of the few that actually like playing Seth. I think Dhalsim is more of a pain in the ass than Seth believe it or not. I have much more of a hard time getting ahold of Sim than Seth, mainly because Seth players will actually come at you, its rare to see a Sonic boom, jumping HP spamming Seth anymore.

Yeah it’s certainly easier to approach Seth than it is Dhalsim, at least easier to approach my Seth :stuck_out_tongue:

You only need to get lucky a couple of times against Seth too, I know Dhalsim isn’t a heavy weight in the health department but damn Seth can fall over from just a light breeze x_x;;

You’ve gotta remember Seth doesn’t have much health or stun. If you lay it on him up close, he’ll be dizzy and not much health left.

Can’t say that I have too big of a problem with Seth either. Especially the ones that spam jumping stretchy arms. Only time I have trouble with Seth is against a player who does nothing but runaway/zoning (the way he should be played, IMO).