7 Minute Saikyo: Dan General Discussion Thread

Some of those clips were amazingly hilarious

That link made my day, good sir

Is it me or does Dan actually not have that bad a match up against Akuma?

Not really, the only time i really lose to akuma’s is when they obviously are just flat out better players than me and not related to the character i or he/she chose.

Dan is really good at putting an end to akuma’s runaway game, you can ruin akuma’s day if they get a life lead and try to air fb and port their way to victory. it is really easy to land an ultra on akuma when hes tossing out air fb’s. It doesnt require you be psychic or have pristine reaction, its simple, dash under the air fb > ultra boom, you will hit him in his recovery window.

Has anyone seen the two Street Fighter Alpha movies? Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter Alpha: Generations?

As a Dan and Sak fan I was highly disappointed.

the first one was decent, the second one blew.

SF the animated movie is still the best sf movie live action or otherwise to date. Despite not having dan.

Is that the one that came with Legend of Chun-Li or something? If not I hear the one that comes with the Chun-Li live action has some Dan action in it.

I saw the chun li movie, it was terrible. I dont recall dan being in it.

Street fighter the animated movie came out in the mid 90’s. By far the best cinematic SF related experience ever to come out.

Yeah, I heard it was. I heard if you buy the DVD it has an animated movie with it. I’ll look into it.

With all due respect sir, the SF Alpha anime did not have much satisfying action, whereas Alpha Generations had some good action a nice simple plot.
It also made me like Ryu more.
…but as far as Dan and Sakura go…Sakura Ganbaru is the one series I think does these 2 characters justice.

Snipped for the truth. Da troof!

I love the relationship between the two. Its very, comical, yet Sak does care about the old fart as well, which is evident when she cries on the plane trip back when Dan stays to fight Sagat (spoiler, I know).

Dan didn’t do anything in the Alpha movie but get stabbed by Vega, and choked out by Birdie.

Sakura got a nice amount of screen time in Alpha and Alpha Generations, a good fight with Ryu in Generations and a nice bath scene :stuck_out_tongue: They made her more of a comic relief character in Alpha though, she should have kicked those random peoples’s asses easily rather than being rescued by Ken >.> Dan’s appearance in Alpha is short but sweet :stuck_out_tongue: Generations was way too short, 45mins, pfft.

SF2 the animated movie is the best anime but it’s let down due to lack of Sakura and Dan :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite happy with Sakura’s role in the new SF4 anime, lack of Dan was disappointing especially since there was a sneak peak of him in the trailer :frowning:

Don’t they mention him in the prologue to Seth’s story in the game, or is that the trailer? I don’t play Seth, and I refuse to.

EDIT: They do mention him in Seth’s story.

Yeah they did, saying he just barely got by with enough points or whatever to qualify :stuck_out_tongue:

Sneak peak of the anime had him sit on ropes of a ring speaking into a mic, sadly that scene wasn’t in the actual anime :frowning:

Do you have a clip of this?

I want to see Dan smack talkin’.

It’s probably on youtube somewhere, it’s only a few seconds of him and you can’t hear him talk because it has music over the top and possibly Chun-Li doing some commentary.

I believe it’s the some video that showed Ryu fighting Akuma, which obviously didn’t happen in the anime.

In other news, I got a hold of Fraps, so I may be able to transcode some of my finer moments to video, or just general shedanigans and gameplay.

Please note my Dan is far from substantial, but I may get some good footage from him. :smiley:

What programs or devices do you use to record matches? I need critique.

Well, I recently picked up a GeForce 9600 GSO for 110 Canadian Loonies with shipping. (It’s a retooled 8800 GS, or something like that. So it runs SF at 60 fps no problem with max settings, no AA)

I’m still experimenting, and I haven’t gotten sound to work correctly with my terrible soundcard… but it looks like the best way to capture your fights is to run SFIV in a sizable window, set FRAPS to capture at half size, and use some video editing software to crop out the edges, fitting your video in a tidy 480p (720x480) format for Youtube.

I’m also messing around with upscaling video to 720p (1280x720) to see if that helps.

Frankly, it’s a big pain in the arse. I’m hoping to come out of this a little bit more learn’d, as I have to do the same thing for more important stuff soon. I’ll keep you guys updated and put up my stuff on the 'Tubes for testing purposes. (So you can laff at me whiffing cr.MKs to anything.)

This is what/how a friend of mine records his [media=youtube]5QJl4mB8Xkk[/media] He uses PS3 though so things might be a bit different.

I just won two straight 3 round matches with Dan, no losses. They were against Ken and Akuma. Felt good.

I did lose round or two against C. Viper, but eventually ended up winning that match. Broke even with Sagat til I stupidly fell into his Tiger Destruction.

Against Ryu, I was still messing up, I could have saved a loss if he didn’t Ultra as soon as my Dan Knee was almost in his face.

I think my Dan game is improving. Shit yeah.