5/9 SOVA Monthly

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this tourney by bringing TVs, Systems, and Fans. Now if we can only start showing up on time, then it’d be golden. Other than this, things went well and everyone had a great time, at least I hope everyone had a great time. Here are your results.

Singles

1: Joe S ($220.00 and free entry to the next two ranbats and Monthly)
2: Ryry ($60.00)
3: Moose ($30.00)
4: K1 Sauce
5: Joe E
5: Renegade
7: Winback
7: Mr 720
9: Foomy
9: Troyboy
9: Syber Ninja
9: Aleri
13: LV
13: Blackula
13: Kitsune King
13: Cdot
17: Gummoned
17: Scooder
17: RanDumbCat
17: Unknown Enemy
17: Neo Xian Wu
17: PHB
17: Jay in VA
17: Wiki P
25: Vegeta
25: DBC
25: Drizzle
25: Kam
25: Ronnie
25: Taj
25: Ariez

3v3

1: Time To Get Paid (Moose, Ryry, Joe S) ($105.00)
2: Super Panda Fun Time (Kitsune King, K1 Sauce, C Dot) ($30.00)
3: Penguins Suck (Renegade, Drizzle, Aleri) ($15.00)
4: Scrub (Joe E, Ariez, Unknown Enemy)
5: Satsui Noodle Soup (Blackula, RanDumbCat, Jay In VA)
5: I Have No Clue (Dsinnie, Troyboy, DBC)
7: Two White Guys and a White Guy (Syber Ninja, Foomy, Neo Xian Wu)
7: Me, PHP, and Kam (Taj, PHP, Kam)
9: Plan B (Mr 720, LV, Wiki P)
9: You’ve Been Gummoned (Vegeta, Gummoned, Ronnie)

Tonight I coined a new term. We’ve heard and seen wake up ultras. Tonight, we got a view of our first “drive-by Ultra”. During one of Ariez’s matches, I forget which one, he just simply walked up to his opponent and did Blanka’s Ultra while his opponent just stood there and ate all of it. :rofl:

Tonight I had a special prize for the winner. Joe S. got to choose his destiny. I had 3 envelopes each with something in them. The envelopes were labled 1, 2, and 3. I instructed Joe to pick any envelope. He chose envelope 1. I think asked him, is this the envelope that he wants, or does he want to trade it for one of the other envelopes. So he chose to keep the one he picked. Before he opened his envelope, we looked in the other envelopes to see what I had in them. We started with Envelope 3. Envelope 3 had a $20 bill in it. Then we opened Envelope 2, the one others told him to choose but he didn’t. There was a note in there signed by me saying that he will receive a copy of either BlazBlue or KOF 12 when they are released and he got to choose which game. So what was in Joe’s envelope? A note saying that the next two ranbats and monthly would be free for him. I guess sometimes peer pressure is a good thing. :bgrin:

oh snap joe s got…the money???

damn i woulda won this one too. gs guys.

Good games to everyone, glad we got to at least do everything we said we wanted to do.

DBC, for the longest time during our match and I was looking for hooligan the whole time. Then the one time you do use it as a trump card I freak out just walk back and make it whiff. Good shit though.

Joe S, staying solid as always.

Troyboy, needs more FINAL JUSTICE.

Moose: Naw, dude you’re fine. KO after getting hit with Final Justice

Fear SOVA, cause we have Guiles that make top 8 in our tournaments!

Shout Outs:

Troyboy: Good shit dude. 4 fuckin Final Justices, 3 of which killed. After the first match, I was reminded of a previous ranbat match with Foomy where I kept doing tiger shots and I ended up eating an ultra for that. Lesson learned, pay attention to your matchups. Something I really haven’t done with everyone. I did get a slight bit retribution in the team tourney though. Next time we play though, I won’t do something stupid like throwing tiger shots at you while you have ultra and giving you free final justices for my mistakes. Like the final justice in the third round, you will have to earn it. Again, good games.

RanDumbCat: Every time we play, our matches are ALWAYS close and tonight was no exception. Our match could have gone either way as usual. Good games though.

Foomy: Tonight I finally started using more Tiger Uppercut for anti-air. My diet needed more tiger uppercut. Roundhouse wasn’t able to completely satisfy me.

Moose: If there’s one thing I’ve learned through my years of competitive gaming, sometimes it’s just like rabbit and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race. It’s also why some people hate playing against me in fighting games since I’m naturaly a defensive player. My matches tend to go on and on and on :rofl:

Renegade: I’ll get you next time.

Joe S: Congrats on the big win tonight. You hould have chosen envelope 2 though.

:confused:

just :confused:

Oh and Joe S should read up on the Monty Hall Problem. (!!!)

shouties

randumcat- nice casuals. balrog mirrors are too fun :smiley:

Syber- gg, you got me. next time it’ll be different:wgrin:

Joe E- WOW you really shined last night yo. consistantly top 8! With a little polishing you could make top 5 easily.

MISTER SEVEN TWENTY- How do you rape Sagat? :confused: isn’t that match-up pretty lop-sided?

ariez- Balrog!

Moose- good shit. i hate your honda. was nice chatting with ya bro.

Renegade- hope to go to richmond soon. probably for your tournament… can’t wait.

!A- BODIED

everyone else- gg’s

Did Joe S use Sagat?

ggs everyone… moose, renegade, drizzle thanks for coming down again

viper needs a little polishing. sim is retired.

Yes. He used Sagat during singles and Abel during 3v3.

ryry - i broke my streak of gettin eliminated by you haha and sim is now retired :encore:
also gs on teams!

moose - honda?! you are a beast. thanks for coming down man, and gs on teams!

renegade - thanks for coming down and bringing the competition. i’ll def. consider going to that richmond tourney.

drizzle - thanks for coming down and the abel training for like 10 minutes helped me in team finals :tup:

magman - i just read it… i fail :sad:

umthrfkr - you would… only if you came down :sweat:

troyboy - i thought you told me you sucked at this game when we played halo online, but you placed 9th :wonder: good shit

phb - you’re the navy guy? but thanks for making that food run for me, i really appreciate that bro.

winback - your guile :pray:

!A - luther vandross swag ahahahahah

dre 720 - you make sagats look like bottom tier :rofl:

blackula - gs on those ocv’s… and hosting… and the secret prizes!! free copy of blazblue :annoy:

Good shit to everyone! that shit was nice, but it got to late and eveyrone was tired as hell haha.

Kitsune - i want that rematch man! good shit

Aleri - damn, you balrogs ahh! haha

K1 - first time i fought you, i wanna spar again!

NOVA - good shit as always… we’ll try to come by for that richmond tourney!

everyone else, i can definately see that everyones leveling up… this shit is too fun!

Kitsune - Man, our fights clearly showed my lack of practice. Thanks for the casuals though, I needed it.

Blackula - I swear, you’re gonna be my rival for a long time…our matches are always nail biters

Foomy - I hate you. I want my plush doll.

Did anyone get video of the “Drive by” Ultra? I didnt catch it.

First time doing teams and it was fun as hell.

Big props to JayinVA for bringing the Purple Drank and the Iced Tea

Kam - Thanks for the food. Ill throw in some money next time, I didnt know you had to PAY for it. :sad:

just google blanka hop ultra, it wasn’t that special…

They told you to pick envelope 2. :rofl:

GG’s everyone I had a blast…It was an awsome First SF4 Tourney for me. That was even like my first real get together…Good Shit! I’ma bring that Abel Technology again soon.

K1 Sauce - Good Shit bro I’ma practice up against Bison ALOT and maybe I’ll get you next time…Lets get on that Halo in the mean time.

Kam - Good Game in the Tourney Akuma had me scared…But Final Justice just does so much to Akuma. Can’t wait to get some Guilty Gear matches in with u and BlazBlue.

Nelson - FINAL JUSTICE!!!…I need more in my life, lol. Great match Bro your Chun is solid as Hell for someone who doesn’t own the game.

Jamie ( Blackula ) - Thanks for hosting and having me over man, I’ll deff try and come as much as I can. Good shit with Sagat in the Team Tourney u deff. played alot smarter then in the Singles…Final Justice :wink:

Nick ( Winback? ) - Fucking Guile…Enough said. Naw but good job bro, I’ll get my revenge I hope, lol.

Aleri - Good Chatting with you and gettin to know ya some…Deff. gotta get some games in next time I need my Balrog practice.

Dsinnie - Great teaming with you bro good job on the OCV Blanka’s super is RETARDED!!! See you online.

DBC - Great teaming with you as well bro, good shit with Cammy doin shit I never seen before. Good job on your OCV sorry I couldn’t get one, but when it was my turn I had Renegades Team, lol.

Renegade - FUCK ZANGIEF!!! That’s a bad match up :frowning: Good shit though.

Everyone else I forgot GG’s…Till next time FINAL JUSTICE!!!

I want to clarify a few things. There really was no first or second place. They split the pot. Didn’t play serious at all during finals. Ryry and Joe used Sagat. I lost to Ryry’s Sagat twice. First one was a close match at about 12 IN THE MORNING. 1:30 IN THE MORNING I LOST IN LOSERS FINALS.

TOURNAMENT RAN WAY TOO LONG 9 HOURS IN A SWELTERING APARTMENT WITH NO AC AND 90 DEGREES. NO OFFENSE TO BLAKULA ITS JUST MAD UNCOMFORTABLE. SAGAT DOESN’T TAKE ANY THINKING AT ALL WHEN YOUR THROWING TIGERS FULL SCREEN. IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING VERY EASY TO EAT TIGERS FOR A MIDNIGHT SNACK.

IN THE TEAM TOURNEY I USED HONDA, RYRY USED VIPER AND JOE USED ABEL. I HONESTLY THINK SAGAT SHOULD BE BANNED FROM FUTURE TOURNAMENTS. WOULD MAKE THE GAME WAY MORE BALANCED.

I’M USING FUKING HONDA FOR NOW ON AND WILL FALL BACK ON ROG IF HE STARTS LOOSING. I’M GONNA PLAY HIM LIKE AN ANGRY WHOPPER FROM BURGER KING.

Should have just stayed outside unless u where playing a Tourney match, it worked for me, lol. Or next time bring a window A/C unit if it bothered u that much. Black said it was gonna be hot so u can’t complain. And if people showed up on time it would have been done earlier, less then half the people where there at 4.

Let’s keep the complaining to a minimum…And Thank Jamie for hosting instead.

Angry Whoppers are surprisingly sweet as opposed to being hot and spi-- leaving now, really I am.