3s Strategy Journal

I got a better idea. Go kill yourself.

You can’t parry and tech at the same time. If you tap down, and your opponent throws you, you get thrown. If you tap down and jab-short, you get a jab, and if they your opponent tried to throw you and you aren’t Chun Li, you probably wil get thrown. There is no magic tech defense in this game that is safe and 100% effective. I explained how throws and teching works in the Brady guide.

yep in my white gi,yep in my white gi beat down ken in my white,chun in my white, gut punch you f.fierce in my white gi

lol don’t mind me it popped into my head and i had to say it

actually, there was this glitch a guy showed me a while ago, where Urien tech’ed Akuma’s SA1, then Akuma dashed in and kara-threw him, and Urien tech’ed the kara at the same time or something…either that or Urien immediately went back to parrying. Shit I can send u the vid if u want, i still have it i think.

edit: yep, just watched it, Urien looks like he techs the kara and parries at the same time…

That’s a different sense of parrying/teching at the same time.

He means as a wake up game, and you mean as an ACTUAL parry/tech at the same time.

For Mopreme’s parry/tech situation, can’t you hold forward and throw on wake up? That covers high attacks and throws because they can’t throw you right when you wake up. Obviously, low attacks beat this pretty bad.

that was a shameless plug =)

I dunno if I mislead you guys or something, but I’ll give it another shot on what I’m talking about on wakeup.

What I do on wakeup to help myself get out of a corner with someone breathing down my neck for example. High parry and If I didn’t parry anything then tech throw or throw them myself. Its a pretty fast parry throw if they hit me high on wakeup. Of course, this loses to low attacks. Of course, if the attack looks like a meaty UOH, I won’t do it, I’ll hit back or jump or something. I mean, obviously what I’m talking about loses to a couple of standing linking attacks. Ken’s s.mp, s.fp. Dudley’s f.mk, f.fk. Just to name a few.
I mean, i guess Empathy gets what Im talking about.
If no one gets it still then…oh well! I do it and it works for me!

Random question for mopreme: what kind of sound is “fumifumi”? I read it on a Japanese 3S board, calling Oro’s chicken combo the fumifumi combo.

:lol: x 1203890283567012843067509128430650912834012845.

Emphy’s not gonna be too happy :lol:. that is, of course, who you’re referring to, yeah? if not, then my bad!

:rock:

fumifumi is pronouced hoomy hoomy. i have no idea what that means.

and lol @ Empathy

another non related question what was the whole duds vs ryu tourney about?