3s Strategy Journal

hmm. I’ll admit, I did not factor this into my post.

Ha! :clap:
Thanks mopreme for your supreme blogging wisdom. In depth strategy like this is few and far between.

can u offer any way to apply this?
Everyone knows this…
it’s like saying, to win blackjack u gotta count cards, but not explaining how to actually COUNT cards(red sevens method owns btw)

man, my Ken game got like 4 times better just after reading that, and the thing about fighting against the genei-jin was helpful with all the characters i use. good stuff.

Mopreme’s journal is like a godsend to a Ryu player who needs to know how to handle Yun, because a lot of it applies to Ryu as well.

Thanks, Mopreme! :tup:

dude, that’s the shit, mind if i add you to my friend’s list?

i mind.

good shit. i’ve been pondering doing something like this for like… forever, but i’m too lazy

tell me how to beat yun with chun and i’ll treat you to yakiniku next time im over there :tup:

and paulee is a hoe :tdown:

Great stuff Mark, lots of stuff I didn’t even knew it existed, got to try the far standing fierce link shinpuu one. I think you need to do a Chun vs Yun and a Chun vs Ken one too, since these are the top-tier characters and the matchups between these 3 should be very interesting to see.

What’s up, Mopreme?

This is a cool webpage. It’s the addendum to the Brady book I’ve been waiting for.

Quick questions though…

I can’t get Ken far s.HP, link super to combo. Suppose to be 10 hits right? I keep getting 9. Far standing STRONG links into super for sure, but I’ve been having no luck with the far fierce.

Is this far s.HP, link super only applicable to when you hit people on their standing wake-up frame or is it suppose to always work?

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own questions after practicing some more.

When you hit waking Yun with Ken’s far s.HP, Yun is still in his “crouching” animation. The far s.HP totally looks like it shouldn’t hit, because Yun is crouching, but it does anyway for some reason. The frame advantage must be the “crouching” frame advantage then, which give you enough time to link the super.

I think you should mention you need to dash RIGHT AWAY after the neutral throw as well, otherwise people will keep getting the close fierce and wonder what they’re doing wrong. That’s what happened to me for about half an hour straight until I realized I needed to dash faster, wait for the actual tech roll, and THEN hit the HP button to get my far s.HP attack.

I may be a scrub, but I’m thinking of doing something like this for CvS2 even.

I know Campbell should do one for sure with all the experience he’s had.

Posting in the regular forum and getting asshat replies and people that should be taking advice instead of giving it makes me angry at times. I have enough stress in my life already but I wish to keep my game sharp as well. Not living in a SF hotspot area makes me resort to SRK to discuss strategy and whatnot. But yeah, with so many non-modded posts and overly chatty people that shouldn’t even be on the site in the first place, my experience is being ruined. I’m about to go make my own SF website.

this is great, also thanks kcxj for that useful input.

kcxj: when a char stands up in 3s, they have one standing frame, except for chun. Thats why you can link it to super =) but only if they crouch ofcourse.

The point of game theory is to limit the “calculating on the fly” though. IE if Im in a situation where on wakeup option 1 will give me 40 points of damage 1/2 the time and I’ll lose 45 points of damage the other 1/2, and option 2 is blocking for example, You must ALWAYS take option 1. Blocking ALWAYS has high negative expectation against an opponent who can go high low, as 1/2 the time you gain nothing and half the time you lose life. Game theory when applied to SF is very dangerous…

I mostly have been updating about Ken, but I think I am going to start focusing on Ryu as well. Because we all know Ryu is the best.

only original colour ryu

:tup: gotta have the fresh white gi

True the white gi rulez !!

But i Play HK (dirty whites ) :karate: cauze every body plays white :clap: :tup:

I thought that the hk-colour was the one everyone used ^^

Anyways, secret colour ryu > all.

Well, I like the idea, but I was reading May 24th Ken’s best wakeup attack.
And well, I got to disagree about how he feels about wakeup parry. It doesn’t lose to throw if you’re going to parry --> tech.

:lol:

strong Ryu > all. that was the alternate costume from the SF2: WW days :tup:.

:rock: