3rd strike tier list

This man doesn’t lie.

actually,

it’s:

1. Everyone else
  2. Epsilon with anyone

:smiley:

I’d agree with this, except maybe dropping Oro above Ryu, and perhaps Twelve below sean

Ok, Heres My Top 5 Then

1-Yun
2-Chun
3-Ken
4-Urien
5-Alex

Even Tough Yun Is In Number 1
That Doesnt Change The Fact That Ken Can Still Beat Him
Even Alex Can Defeat Yun ^___^

i thought it was

5)my ball hairs
6)your yun:o

1. Japan
  2. Japan Nut-riding
  3. This thread sucks once FMJ posted

ok, besides top 3 (honestly dont care too much about them)… what is everyone elses opinion about the rest of the cast? how would u rank 4-19?

11.ibuki
12.akuma
13.alex
14.remy
15.elena
16.hugo
17.q
18.twelve
19.sean

epilson_'s list is the most correct one.

He has Oro to high in the list and Urien over Dudley and Yang, the list should be more like this:

Ken
Yun
Chun
Makoto
Yang
Dudle
Akuma
Ryu
Urien
Oro
ALex
Elena
Remmy
Ibuki
Hugo
Sean
Twelve
Q

Dudley does better against top tiers than Yang. Urien is WAY better than Akuma, Ryu and Yang. And hes a notch better than Dudley too. 12 is better than Sean. Ibuki is way better than Remy and Alex, and better than Elena too. Oro’s place is debateable, but he has very good specials, and a strong normal set as well. He has alot of tricks, but is difficult to use. How is Ken better than Chun Li and Yun, if anything Ken is no3. He loses to Chun, and Daigo(one of the best Ken’s) has lost to Yun 2 evos in a row now, also he had some extremely close calls with Chun players (justin and ricky). Not to mention, Pyro wins pretty much any tourney he goes to. Chun beats up mid tiers alot better than Yun does, and has ONE EVEN matchup (Yun), which is why I rank her over Yun.

Majinryu: You are underestimating Urien. :slight_smile:

Wow ibuki doesnt suck the much

Ken has no bad match-ups, Daigo losing to Yun in two Evos doesn’t mean anything. Mester lose to Daigo Ken and Mester is one of the best Yun there is. What Evo proves is that KO is better player than Daigo.

Urien is great but every day more ppl are learning how to beat unblockables and that is bad for him since he depends to much on that. His foot game is not that great and he lose to most of the cast in 3rd Strike

chun is kens bad matchup. Urien’s foot game is great, what are you talking about, he has some of the longest ranged normals in 3s. Maybe you should check out some RX vids or something, because it seems like theres no good urien in your area. Urien has several very tricky charge partitioning setups, and does rediculous damage when given an opening.

Ken vs. Chun is 5-5, it can go either way.
Ken
advantage vs necro, ibuki, sean, yun, remy, q, 12, yang, oro, dudley, elena, hugo, makoto, alex, urien, akuma
no advantage vs chun-li, ryu
disadvantage vs none

Chun-Li
advantage vs akuma, necro, ibuki, sean, q, makoto, ryu, oro, dudley, elena, hugo, remy, alex, yang
no advantage vs 12, ken, urien, yun
disadvantage vs none

And about the no been Uriens in my area well there is but I haven’t play him yet so I will not comment on him anymore until I play against him.

Chun definately has an advantage vs Urien and 12. Ken too. Chun is just a hard fight for Ken. She out ranges him, has tons of anti air options, and just punishes whiffs better than he does. Punishes sweeps (his longest range move) for free with meter. Ken pretty much either has to make her whiff fierces to sweep them (risky), or jump (also risky). Chun can just sit there and press fierce. And c.jab shuts down Ken’s tick game for the most part. Of course Ken can win off of knockdown mixups (who can’t?) its still in Chun’s favor.

This thread has ton of info on match-ups. Is a little old but still good

That’s old as fuck, I hope you’re not going by a 3 year old matchup chart, the game has evolved.

Chun has trouble with 12 cause he’s the only character that can concievably fight the whole round from the air like it was a marvel game, chun has moves that she ‘can’ use as anti-air, but they hit at weurd angles that dont always work. When they do work chun’s entire mixup is “Make you think i’m not gonna do c.fwd super so i can do c.fwd super”. I don’t think it’s that even either (see below), but that would probably be why someone thinks it isn’t.

IMO the problem with your ken/chun matchup is that chun doing nothing does no damage. Your view seems to be about poking and ticks and such but IMO that’s more SF than 3s. 3s is 1) Do nothing, or for advanced play, do nothing while looking like your doing something, 2) get super, 3) combo into super, Ken has about 5 times as many ways to do that as chun, so he wins, chun does it easier than everyone else but yun, and yun doesn’t care what your doing it’s only a matter of time before he gets in.

To continue, Makoto can super from a throw, and urien can knock you down and unblockable with his super, dudley has some cheap 50/50’s into super and thats about it. Alex used to be real good but then people figured out it was without super so he dropped down in the ranks. The other characters are good until your playing someone in an important match for money, and then the SF playing stops and the 3s playing begins. Maybe i’m wrong but thats how competitive 3s looks to me, and i haven’t seen much to the contrary.