3 Tickets to Eurasia: Strider Team Building Thread

Strider has an amazing assist most teams are placing him second or third on team to take advantage of (Vajra assist of course).

Another factor to be taken into account is the Dark Hiryu factor. Many teams are currently placing Strider third to take advantage of XF3 + Ouroboros.

It’s important not to neglect 2nd place. Strider with an assist behind him is twice the threat. To active XF 2 orbs with assist or to activate level 3 orbs solo? That is the question!

Hiryu’s point game is solid too. Builds his own bar well and has tricks for days. But chances are he won’t be spending the XF.

Good assists so far: Any Doom assist, Bolts of Bolthaak, Ice Shots, weasel shot, Sentinel drones and any horizontal beam.

reserved

reserved

I am planning on using both Zero and Strider, both my two favorite video game characters of all time together :woot:
These are some points that I think that would make them at least solid together (all theory fighting before the game’s release):

• Strider can most probably combo out of his air throws with Zero’s Shippuga assist. And as a Zero main, I know any of Strider’s assist is going to be possible to combo with.
  • Zero builds tons of meter and does great meter-less damage with assists. Even in ultimate, one touch should mean free Ouroboros Lv2 or Lv3 for Strider if Zero dies.
  • DHC in the corner seems possible both ways. Not expecting much damage from Zero>Strider though. Midscreen, maybe a Sougenmu combo can be made so Zero can followup after Legion like he can with Hail Storm in vanilla.
  • Have a what appears to be an above average assist in Strider’s Vajira. Zero can protect this assist really easy with buster or fireball.
  • For the third member, thanks for Zero and Strider being very similar mixup wise means they most probably take advantage of one same assist. Sent drones, Hawkeye or Taskmaster’s arrows, Doom’s or IM’s beam etc.
  • Both have high priority normals and have decent zoning (Zero has better zoning than Strider though).
  • Both have safe DHCs into each other (this is thinking Legion is safe).

Main thing I’m wondering about is how well Strider’s teleport(s) can abuse a beam assist for crossup cheese. My current team thought is Dante xxx Doom (beam), and there are several x’s that could work really well in theory (Strider, Strange, Virgil, Dorm, Rocket). Strider is my current first choice, but x would have to:

-Be able to abuse the shit out of a beam (we know Dante and Dorm can do this)
-Have an assist Dante can abuse with teleports (I’m thinking the tracking teleport assist?) This is less important since the beam is the primary assist, but I love my vanilla team so much (Dante Mag Sent) because Dante has two broken assists I can alternate, one being a beam, and I’d love to keep that goin’!

Don’t suppose anyone knows how well or not well Strider fits this criteria? Then on top of all that, Dante can act as a battery to set up Oroboros and all that jazz. As far as theory fighter goes, I’m excited about this team, but need to confirm Dr. Hiryu is the ninja for the job.

Ouro is a level 3 only super. Vergil is the only character that has what are effectively level 2 supers (sword dance then spend another meter for crown or shooting formations)).

Strider is left/right the character basically. Can easily left/right with a beam assist plus teleports or wall clings. Plus his satellite special gives him basically assistless left/right mix ups. Satellite + assist+ teleport/wall cling should = SHENANIGANS. Any matchups Zero had trouble with…Strider will most likely not have trouble with because he can cover the one weakness Zero had…runaway.

You can’t runaway from Strider because he basically as mix up heavy or possibly even more mix up heavy than Zero, will most likely have similar annoying invincible normals but on top of that will have tracking teleports and wall clings for full screen instant pressure and left/rights. Zero will most likely be a bit less meter dependent but Strider with having 80k less health than someone already fuck all annoying like Zero means he’s basically going to be a ridiculous concept of a character. Zero will still grind to get in a bit outside of start of the round situations…while Strider can basically call assist or satellite, do teleport, teleport kick or wall cling…and he’s in like magic.

Strider’s teleport kick assist WAS gong to be scary as shit because it was basically an assist that had some vulnerable start up but once active was basically a homing dive kick that ground bounced with little recovery. Which is basically what the on point version is. Unfortunately they’ve toned it down since so it works the same but no more ground bounce. Meaning it’ll be nice for bringing down super jumpers like jam session since like jam session…you’ll want to call him ideally when people are not on the ground and can punish his vulnerable start up.

Still IMO going to be a near jam session worth assist because it basically fucks over super jump/flight tactics without much issue like jam session and will surely be awesome for welcome 50/50’s like jam session. Basically a jam session that does a bit less hit stun and a bit more start up…but basically you don’t have to aim at all and will touch the opponent regardless of their position.

Nice, thanks! So then, would you agree that a team of Dante Strider Doom (beam) could be potentially really strong for a player who wants to be cheaper than expired ramen? I figure if anyone would have a good idea, it might be the guy who’s been using Dante x Doom for months already (literally, since your 2-character’s name actually IS X lol). It very well may turn out Strider isn’t the best bet, but unless Strange or Virgil or RR or Dorm prove to be too strong not to play, that’s where I’ve got my sights.

Given that I happen to really enjoy Dante and Doom, and that they will almost certainly be the A+ tier of Ultimate at worst, I plan to fully embrace the broken-ness I’ve come to love. Long as 'te still has some TODs Ima be ril happy.

I think it works out. Dante only needs one real assist to cover his port for the left/rights with his teleport. He has at least 2 moves that basically act as self assists for his ports (hysteric qcf+H and multi lock qcf+L hold) that he just needs a strong assist like beam to cover the start up for. Strider will give Dante a safe DHC with legions super and should be a nice follow up to million dollars. If Dante dies things should still work out pretty well because Strider is basically what would happen if Zero didn’t need jam session to catch people at the top right of the screen so Strider tool wise should be good to go without jam session unlike X-23 (which is why I’m switching my team so X-23 goes first now). The teleport kick assist should help Dante a bit with some lame out situations but Dante doesn’t really have a problem being lamed out with his tracking teleport so that doesn’t really matter too much.

As far as DHC’s between Strider and Doom are concerned…Strider’s combos should be able to wall carry nicely and as long as legion super keeps the opponent in the corner you should be able to follow up with sphere flame finish nicely. If you want to get rid of a character quicker you can always turn on XF during the sphere flame to give it that XF juice (I’m sure this will still do huge damage in XF2 even with XF nerfs). Strider and Doom will be able to safe DHC perfectly without issue obviously but your main goal will most likely be to set up space and left/rights for Strider’s movement specials with Doom’s beam. Generally building meter via resets for Ouroborous so you can basically shut down their assists and begin tearing down their team. If you burn the meter for Ouro and the whole team’s not dead and somehow Strider dies…Doom can basically still TOD most of the cast by himself if he pushes them towards the corner. If he has XF he’ll still be able to easily TOD by himself with just one loop into sphere flame super anywhere on the screen.

I mean Lv.2 or Lv.3 XF :confused:

Oh ok just wanted to make sure.

I’ll be playing Zero/Dorm/Strider. Dorm is a great dhc parter for zero and the ball+ strider orbs or raw tag is going to be a beast to deal with. Strider anchor is probably going to be a little phoenix like in the fact that you will want to save at least 3 bars or more for him. Strider in lvl3 will be a one man wrecking crew based off of my opinion from what i’ve seen. none the less strider will be played. I could see sentinel being a very good assist for strider i just hate sent.

Strider assist causes a hard knockdown? So that means free OTG afterwards?
Zero can combo with Dive Kick>Buster now. F— Yeah!

What do you guys think of mvc2 Clockw0rk? Think it’ll be any good in this game?

it has potential, just not in the same order clockwork used it, more in the order of doom/strider/sentinel doom/sentinel/strider

Yeah, I was thinking of running Doom/Strider/Sent. I may use Strider last if lvl.3 XF Strider is better than lvl.2 XF Strider + Drones (in case Doom gets K.O.d).

Sent on point seems the best way to go. He has some of the best meterless damage in the game to build meter for orbs. I’d prefer to have Doom as anchor to take advantage of orbs plus assist.

Yea Im seriously considering storm/sentinel/strider as my day 1 ultimate team. Storm doesn’t take much advantage of striders assist but I think it will seriously help sentinel out especially since he can self otg and if he is close enough he can get a relaunch into a full combo of an otg rocket punch hsf.

Currently I have him in Magneto/Wesker/Strider his assist keeps them locked in for mix-ups. Seems strong as an anchor in lvl 3 xfactor.

Maybe so, but Doom can do a lot damage without using meter too, and has a better zoning game. I’m just more confident in my Doom than my Sentinel on point even with Doom assist and Vajira backing him up. I just feel that Doom on point with drones and vajira would be a bigger threat, especially since all his combos still work in Ultimate.

I’ll try both variants for sure though, and level up my Sentinel while I’m at it.

Hmm, drones are pretty God-like…

I guess we’ll have to play it out and see. I’m loving how flexible Strider seems. I wish I could say the same for other characters… COUGHSPIDERMANCOUGH