2 Player Arcade stick Worklog

Had two blank cases lying around and decided that i would attempt to make a 2 player tabletop case.

Plan:

Rough Cut outs:

Glue/Screwing parts together:

Finished for the day:

i like that shape and i know you will make it work very well.

cant wait to see it finished.

What are you going to put in the middle? Please say cupholders.

Wouldn’t that be a bit risky? At least if he wouldn’t mount it.
If I would have the money i’d go “pimp my ride” on it. Mini monitor on it with an emulator of pacman/space invaders on it for those time when you’re just talking to people in your party.
But looking at the plans, its probably going to be start/back/home.

I thought about it, But only one would fit. I/m gonna put the start/back/guide buttons in the middle. i was thinking of doing a shared guide button that turns both controllers on but i figured it would waste batteries if you decided to play single player.

The shape and angle look great. Would be perfect in front of a huge screen, I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Looking good so far, plenty of elbow room.

It’s beautiful man, definitely want to see how this turns out… :lovin:

that looks so cool…Unique…not just straight 2 player

That looks great. So are you going to try to use one big piece of cover art? But it looks really great. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

idea stolen. yet again… screw you panda, i’m still doing mine :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:party:

probably not gonna do art. I’m gonna fiberglass it all into one piece.

haha. i look forward to seeing it.

that would be awesome. are you going to actually fiberglass it? or just make it look like its fiberglass.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=6103

That looks awesome! Although that curve has got me thinking about what somebody could do with 4 in a circle around a monitor, cocktail table style. Of course that would need a custom game…but that’s kinda what I do. :slight_smile:

Seriously though, great idea for two lonely cases.

that looks cool. i was thinking of actually getting fibers then epoxy and doing it yourself. :wgrin:

Sounds awesome. I’ll do the hardware if you do the software :wgrin:

Why make it harder than it has to be? I’m lazy enough as it is. :sweat:

Great work dude, loving it so far. Can’t wait to see what you do next.

Finished the major shaping today and started the top panels.

Top:

Front:

Back:

Bottom:

This one really shows the shape nicely:

Should start fiberglass on wednesday or so. Wish i could have done more, but it was getting really hot out…

Haha, wheredja find the stop sign? Scrapyard someplace?

Lookin’ good!