1 frame link combos

You should try to learn the f + fierce to low fierce link though. It’s pretty buff. I can hit it in training mode probably 7 out of 10 times. Still trying to get it up to 9 out of 10 at least. In matches I’m not as consistent with it, but I’ll get there. I usually don’t go for the srk though cuz if I miss the link I’m screwed. So for now I’ve been doing f + fierce, low fierce, ex tatsu.

If they’re too far away for an SRK or c.hp, I tend to sub in c.rh for untechable knockdown.

about the solar plexus, u better to follow it with c. mp so you will be able to check the hit to then to follow with a dp or a second c.mp followed by whatever u wish.

Nah, man, you should have enough time to hit confirm just off the sps.

just do clk clp fr shoryu. super easy to hit consistently

is there any difference between plinking and pianoing?

I wrote out something about pianoing and plinking being different but the technique is actually quite similar. I think maybe there is a timing difference between them and I know you can go from a weak attack pianoed up to a stronger attack with all three buttons (LP, MP, then HP) while with plinking you have to use the heavier attack first and then the lighter attack (HP~MP) I also believe that pianoing is somewhat relying on negative edge too. I think if you pressed a button, released on the next frame then pressed the following button and so on and so on; Kinda like…

frame 1: LP
frame 2: release LP (negative edge input)
frame 3: MP
frame 4: release MP (negative edge input)
frame 5: HP
frame 6: release HP (negative edge input)

The game will only register the actual button presses but it will make the special or super come out if you release it at the correct time.

With plinking you’re doing

frame 1: HP
frame 2: MP

The game registers this as HP then HP+MP on the next frame.

I don’t have enough experience to really say though, I’m just throwing that out there.

If you’re having trouble understanding p-linking, maybe try and learn a kara cancel. I started off with Ken and had to learn his kara throw. The technique/timing is the same, so when I read about p-linking I was able to use it right away.

yea p-linking is really tough, I started to give up on it but training on it for a little while actually got me to link up the solar plexus to c.hp alot easier now. I did it like 5 times in a row in a few matches but I stayed safe and did the ex hurricane kick instead of f.dp. Great help guys thanks for the training advice! Also thanks everyone for the quick responses!

I guess most of these combos don’t really need plinking…just muscle memory

yea i dont plink or double tap anything. i really wanna try and nail down everything with single tapping as much as possible.

anyone close to new orleans right now we can play a few rounds on xbox?

Anyone got a vid of how plinking should look like? I tried searching youtube for “plinking” but all I found were a bunch of vids of people shooting cans in their backyard.

A vid won’t really help. It looks like you’re hitting two buttons at the same time. You can really only hear a difference.

I made a video, just never got around to uploading it. Maybe I will this weekend.

I know its one of the easiest links but do you guys have any tips on how to pull off c.lk c.lp fr.shoryuken consistently ? I’m having trouble executing the shoryuken (I use the Z motion) in time after the c.lp. I tried doing the shortcut df df from clp but its so unreliable. Another problem with the shortcut is that sometimes I get a super.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I’m using the madcatz gamepad. curse the dpad >.<

Try to combine the motion for the srk into your combo, like this:

:d::lk: :r::d::lp: :df::hp:

How whould you combine the motion if instead of using the z motion I used the :df::d::df: motion for the srk?

Same thing. Just press it after down. And actually, with that motion, you could press it during the first direction as well. So, either of these should work:

:d::lk: :df::d::lp: :df::hp:

:d::lk: :df::lp: :d::df::hp:

I recommend to go for the c.short, c.jab, c.fierce instead. It’s a 2-frame link, and you get more damage.